Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Carolyn~DH gave me Pillars of the Earth for Christmas (well, I bought it and wrapped it, but it was "from" him!) I look forward to reading it as soon as I'm done with my current book The Autobiography of Malcolm X (which DD recommended to me).

And I'm having DD do my laundry today!!

I went home early from work yesterday and tried to sleep, but it didn't work, so I got the fireplace working and sat and read for a few hours while DD watched a movie. I'm taking some cold meds which would normally make me drowsy, but not these. DH and I stayed up and watched TV until 10 PM (late for me) and then went to bed. I slept for about 1/2 an hour and then was up for 3 hours. I did sleep in this morning and did not go for my usual run. I do not want this to become a habit. I need to keep running.

Does anyone watch Pushing Daisies? What a weird/funny/interesting show!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Allison I hope your cold is better soon and it doesn't drag on like mine did. Last night is the first night in literally weeks that I haven't woke up coughing. I feel like I'm on the mend.

I would have to say my favorite gift this year is the gym membership from DH. I know I'll put it to good use.

I finally got a new printer, so if I can get Lacy to help me today I will post some pics'.

My son bought me a toaster oven. (I don't know how he came up with this idea )but I'm actually enjoying using it to broil my meat instead of turning the regular oven on. I think it will also make a nice thing to take in our camper for camping trips too.

Shelbey got me 3 pairs of the sweat pants that come just below the knees. They are really comfy and I think they'll work good for me to work out in. Although I think I could have used a small in them cause these mediums are pretty dang baggy.

Carolyn, I'm wanting to put down a wood floor in my bedroom. It's on my list of remodeling things I want done.

I'm needing to get my eating back in control. Yesterday Lacy baked chocolate chip cookies and I didn't resist. It's weird how I passed on all the pies and cakes and then waited til after Christmas and pigged out on cookies.

Pat, that sounds like our usual holiday get together. Lots of babies especially. We all passed the babies around. (Except for my 18 month old grandson he never wants to go to anyone but me, LOL). Pat, we got sleet and ice here yesterday but it's warm enough today for it to melt. I'd rather have some snow. DH is at work 3 hrs. away and he was working outside in 6 inches of snow last night.

Last edited by lilybelle; 12-27-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #48  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

Santa was good to me this year. My favorite gift is my Kitchen Aid mixer, which is wonderful b/c my old mixer is about 5th hand, the original 70's pea green color, and older than me, is dying a slow, tragic death, followed by the $100 clothes shopping spree my mom gave me, which I fulfilled yesterday . In addition to being able to spend a lot of time with my parents, sis & BIL, I've seen a lot of friends from high school and in particular my best friend growing up, and I haven't seen many of these friends in over a year. I've been working out just about every day - I'm loving the new cardio machines at the gym my parents have access too. The gym used to have weights only (of course I love those too). Since that's about the only healthy thing I've been doing... ahem... well, yeah. I am currently under the mesmerizing spell of the Fat Table. Bad Fat Table. Thank goodness there isn't one in my house.

My parents get the Discovery Health channel and I've been watching tons of "Mystery Diagnosis" and other health shows. I love it!

Lily, I know what you mean. I think I "relax" after being all tense about resisting goodies, and that's when I cave. 2008 is a new year!

Allison, it's really hard to work out, especially early in the day, when you're that tired. I hope you sleep better tonight. You're such a dedicated runner, I wouldn't worry about this becoming a bad habit! I hope your mom heals quickly.

Kery, great job watching your portions, eating your veggies, and exercising in spite of your family!

Wendalyn, ah yes, the "skinny lil *****" comment, the ultimate compliment from a girlfriend! Women can be very funny sometimes. This Wii phenomenon is just amazing. I need to try one!

And now it's time for New Year's! Does anyone have any fun plans?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #49  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning.

Carolyn (and Allison) I love Pillars of the Earth. I've read it at least 3 times! He has a sequel coming out soon too. Ordering books is my absolute favorite part of my job! I just have to remember to order stuff that other people like too.

I had yesterday off, and it was nice to sleep in and just putter around. I got some stuff done, but mostly it wa a lazy day. I'll make up for it today. Going to the gym after work, and then to the grocery. We're out of such things as milk, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, and celery (which I need for the turkey soup!)

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. My favorite gift - don't laugh - is a new flannel nightgown. So cozy. But like Susan says - how to choose?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

I'm checking in from my mom's house. Still eating WAY too much of the wrong things. Ugh.

Megan, I'm dying for a KitchenAid mixer but I never want to spring for one. I'll eventually ask for one as a gift. This year I was excited to get a new blender from my brother-in-law and his wife, because ours exploded a few years ago! I have this notion that I want to start making lots of fruit smoothies for some reason...

One of my favorite gifts this year, however, is Guitar Hero III from my husband. I'm not really a video game person, but Guitar Hero is FUN -- I can't help it! I'm a dork!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #51  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Wow! My first holiday trying to maintain was a hot mess. I don't know what possessed me to think that it was safe to make peanut butter balls, dipped in milk chocolate, of course. Thank goodness that my kids and their cousins finished them yesterday, so they are definitely gone. I'm going through a sugar detox today, and started back at the gym today as well. I have lots to learn about maintenance as I try to get back to ticker!

I'm far too behind to do personals, but LisaMarie, I love Guitar Hero 3. DS has played it almost constantly since Christmas Morning. I can't get "Slow Ride" out of my head he has played it so often. We also got DDR: Hottest Party for Christmas, which is lots of fun. We haven't even had a chance to try out Wii Sports or Wii Play yet.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #52  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello, before I head off to work.

I have a Kitchen Aid Mixer. I got it about 5 or 6 years ago. It was DEFINITELY worth the money. What an unbelievable product. I always say, all things should be made like this. It's a powerhouse of a machine. I used to bake a lot. Now, of course I've had to cut it back. I actually took if off of my kitchen counter and have stored it below in a cabinet.

It's also my first holiday maintaining. I should have kept that Kitchen Aid under the cabinet is all tha I can say. I did too much baking - and too much nibbling. Ugh.

Have a great day and a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #53  

I've had my kitchen aid mixer for about 7 years. It is my favorite kitchen 'thing'. I use it all the time for making bread, muffins, cookies (for the kids of course). My mind boggles at the thought of making triple batches of stuff by hand. Enjoy it!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #54  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I've never played a Guitar Hero but they sure are popular. Our Karaoke club that we go to on Thurs. nights are now starting Guitar Hero contests every Wednesday night. I am not musically inclined so I guess I'll skip this fun.

I don't have a kitchen aide. I've never really been much of a baker. I'm more of a One Pot Wonder with Casseroles, stews, chili and such, LOL. I freely admit that Mrs. Smith can make a better pie than I can, LOL.

I took Lacy shopping to use her Gift Cards yesterday. While we were gone my little 80 yr. old neighbors took it upon themselves to give all their Christmas leftovers to my dogs. Ugggh. I came home and found them chewing the last of the turkey. The really bad news is , I've spent the last 5 hrs. shampooing carpets cause it made the dogs sick at their stomachs. They aren't used to getting "table food".

Megan and Wendalynn, I got the you're such a "skinny ***** comment from my friends last night too. Funny, I'm 6 lbs. above goal again and I feel absolutely HUGE.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #55  

I've had my Kitchen Aid mixer (and MANY attachments) for about 20 years!!! I still love it, but don't use it as often as I used to. I guess I'm just not baking as much these days.

DD goes to a friends house to play Guitar Hero--she says it is so fun and addicting (she loses the concept of time and I have to call her to see when she's coming home). DS would like Guitar Hero for his Wii. I guess there is also something similar to DDR for the Wii--I'll have to look.

I still have my cold and therefore am not going out to run. It's too cold here anyway--the freeze control for our pool came on last night so it's very cold out there. Right now (9 AM) it is still only 41 degrees. I know that isn't terribly cold for some of you, but for us here, it is frigid!

I talked to my Mom for a long time last night. The physical therapy seems to be helping and she says she feels a lot better after her PT sessions. On a sad note, though, she was told to send her photos of my kids (Christmas present) home with my Dad as those things have a habit of "walking away" in nursing homes.

I'm considering getting rid of my ticker until I have gotten back to ticker weight. I am higher right now than I have been for over a year. Yuck! I need to start tracking my food intake (I haven't signed onto fitday for months!).
Old 12-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #56  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

All the holiday eating has caught up with me. Yesterday, I put on a pair of pants that I was wearing very comfortably in eary fall and they were very tight. I wore them all day as a reminder. Today, I really feel constricted in my jeans.

So yesterday, I made it a 'no sugar day' for the first time in a week. Today, I'm going to start writing down what I eat again, stay sugar free and not eat any cheese.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #57  

Carolyn~I can guarantee you are not the only one! I've bitten the bullet and updated my ticker. I now have 17 pounds to lose before I hit goal.

This stupid cold--I have no appetite. You'd think I wouldn't eat. Nope. Eating everything in sight. At least I'm not gaining (fingers crossed!).
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #58  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I ate so well thru Christmas Eve, but the past few days, OMG, I've been so naughty, my bad! Then today hubby took me out for Mexican, chips and salsa plus fahita's. As I was inhaling I kept thinking ok I am a skinny biotch like my friends had said over and over to me over Christmas, so I can eat this and I did, ......but now of course I wish I didn't eat it!! Dang it anyways. Also, I am hostest with the mostest for New Years Eve too, for 18 peeps here, then we celebrate Serbian christmas Jan.7th and another Christmas party Jan 11th for my business. I can't wait till the darn christmas parties are OVER! Urghhh now I am in funk over my pig-a-thon
ways. Oink oink, I know.... Tomorrow squeaky clean eating for this chicky!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #59  

Gah! I said I wasn't gaining. I'm up a pound this morning.

Today I am sitting here at the computer ready to find some new recipes to make to kick it into gear. I always like trying a new recipe--so CookingLight.com--here I come!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #60  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Just updated my ticker to reflect my holiday weight gain. Last year at this time, I weighed a pound more and was estatic. Now I feel fat, fat, fat.

DH's doctor said no more dancing for a while at his check up on Friday. While his collarbone is beginning to knit back together, he's been stressing it too much.
Closed Thread