Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #736  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Mary--CONGRATS!!

Lisa--YEAH YEAH YEAH--so glad you are back --we missed you. I am happy to announce a full week of exercise for me --unheard of!! Good for you for maintaining--it's tough but makes me feel better about the day that stabilization comes--more confident that I/WE can hang onto this.

HeatherCP--you are awesome--another baby--how exciting!! I had to laugh about dinner out--I can because I've been there--it gets so much easier--but you have to trade this adorably sweet age for it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #737  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Leah and Heatherpp- I pm'd those recipes you wanted to Aphil and she has all but 2 posted and those 2 will be up soon.
Enjoy
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #738  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Back from our camping trip. It was so relaxing and nice. We went up to a little lake in the mountains, pretty popular because there were quite a few people up there. We get there and eat dinner and then take the dogs to the water for a swim, and who do we meet on the trail but my favorite counselor from my COD. We are 2 hours away from home and end up at the same place. They have lots of hiking trails up there. 2 1/2 miles to a 100 ft waterfall that comes out of a cave and 5 miles to some ice caves that have ice in them all year round. I decided to try the waterfall trail, but wimped out about halfway there. It was a pretty steep climb and my asthma started giving me fits. I was kinda bummed, but I wouldn't have even attempted it a year ago, so I guess that is a small victory of sorts. Next year, I WILL make it to see that waterfall!! I had a good 2 mile hike anyway. then later on we walked all the way around the lake which was another 2 miles, so I got my exercise in for the day. When we headed home yesterday, it was 81 degrees at the lake, 91 degrees on the highway at the bottom and 101 degrees back in town. HOT HOT HOT!!

I think I am going to do TO tomorrow and Wed. I think I have this mental block about getting below 200. I have been fighting this for a month now, I should already be there!!

Lindsay- Welcome

Lisa- Welcome back

HeatherCP- Congrats on getting DFS#3, you are getting a houseful now aren't you.

Night chickies!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #739  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Lisa - It's been a bit quiet here lately. I think many others are on vaca as well. Glad you're back. Hopefully it won't take long to get back into the swing of things!

Heather CP - I can tell you, I don't miss those days of going out to dinner. But for the younger one, maybe just take both with you -- the sippy & the bottle.
How exciting for you to be getting another child! 7 mos. They are so cute at that age!

Lea Ann - Can I trade kids with you? Mine are older and still fight and tease at dinner!! You'd think they would know better.

Debbie - Glad you're back too! Sounds like you had a good time.

Well, I started my 2nd day of V8 splash. Today's bottle is 70 cals/serving. I know it still seems a bit low, but I'm really not hungry. If it doens't work, and I'm wasting my time, then I will just use this juice for some fruit intake instead of TO. I would think with all this fruit, things would be "moving" a bit more.
If I have a gain tomorrow, it wouldn't be completely from this substitution and lack of calories. Got a little friend last night, so I can blame any gain on that! LOL

to all those who have WI today!!
Have a great POP day everybody!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #740  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Good Morning Chickies!!!!!

Well yesterday was another OP day for me not a POP day i think i did go over just a smidge on my starches but other than that i got everything in and was perfect on my portions. I am feeling better this morning that i did yesterday afternoon back isnt hurting anymore. Im getting ready to plan out my meals for the rest of the day and maybe the rest of the week. I know where we are going to eat Friday night so I think I will hop online and see if i can get a copy of their menu to plan ahead.

~Dairy
of course we remember you lol!! Congrats on the baby

~Sherry
can you get the fish plain? and then do your own lemon butter using i cant believe its not butter then it wouldnt count as your fat but rather as a condiment? Glad your doing well with you TO and not being hungry I will be interested to know what you think when you finish!

~Lisa
Welcome back and jump back OP!!!

~HeatherCP
God Bless you and those kids and your DH too!!

~LeeAnn
WTG on exercising all week

~Debster
WB glad you had a good time WTG on those 2 miles of steep hiking!! Sorry you didnt get to see the waterfall but next year chickie!! GL on TO you might want to join us boost chicks!!!

Well my desk is a mess and I need to finish up several things today so I dont have to much to do tomorrow since I have company coming in on Thursday!!! Ill check in later...
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #741  
on LAWL

Okay--my posts got zapped twice now!! try again--short version before it goes again--ugh.

Debbie--glad you had a good vacation--bummer about the waterfall--next time for sure. WTG on all the walking and hiking--you'll hit onderland in NO time!!

Sherry--anytime! Mine still fight but are usually fine at dinner once we establish who gets to sit by mommy. I think I am quickly forgetting how much they fight since one has been at grandparents so long! August will be a trial around here as everyone learns to live together again--lol. Both seem quite content to be only children--oh they cry and say they miss each other but I'll give them a few hours tegether before someone is mad. Good luck with TO!!

Britt--have fun getting ready for your company--don't work too hard.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #742  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone!! Don't have time to do personals. Been very busy lately, but I just wanted you all to know that I'm still here....lurking around. I'm kind of disappointed because I'm stuck at 159. The darn scale hasn't moved, but I'll stick with it and keep up my POP days. I hope everyone is doing well!! Take Care! Talk to you all soon.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #743  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Mary – congratulations! It’s nice to hear from you again and I’m so excited for you and your family! I’m currently 10 weeks along and doing horribly when it comes to eating on plan foods. Right now vegetables, fruits and some meats are not very appealing and just the smell of them make my stomach turn. But I can’t really worry about that too much right now. I’m hoping in a few weeks I’ll be out of this phase and I can go back to making wiser food choices. I’ve pretty much turned into a lurker on this thread. I can’t contribute very much in terms of “diet” advice but I enjoy keeping up with everyone’s progress. Now that I know you’re over on the pregnancy thread I’ll have to check it out again because it’s nice to have a familiar face over there.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #744  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Dairy, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so wonderful! You are going to have a great pregnancy at your current weight!! Way to go!!!

HeatherCP, I was laughing when reading your post about sippy envy. My DD definitely has sippy envy of DS. She wants whatever he (or anyone else) is drinking ... even if we dont' want her to have it. She'll come up to you, bat her eyes, "upppppp!" you pick her up and she says, "wateeeew" (water) or "deeen" (drink). She is 16 months. It's a hoot because she LOVES to drink out of other people's cups. She's been off the bottle since 12 months, and it was an EASY shift for her ... I guess because she always wants a cup!

I'll post more personals later, ladies! But congrats to all the losers! And welcome to all the joiners!!!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #745  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy
Good for you with the swimming lessons. I didn't learn until college and I still am not brave enough to swim in deep water (but I can). It is such a sense of accomplishment. If I can do it, you can!

Well, I know only about 3 folks have probably been on this board long enough to remember me ...lots of newbies...lots of turnover. I gotta say that I am now pregnant. I'll be 8 weeks Friday and I will go to the doctor on Monday. I have a good feeling about this one, mainly because I am sick with morning sickness and really have to take it easy. Anyway, I'll probably be over at the pregnancy board instead, but I'll still lurk some I am sure.
I am one of those three that know and love you! Congrats, sister, you deserve it! All the best!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #746  

Default Good morning

Good morning (late morning, but not afternoon yet)!
I cannot wait to get out of this dorm room! I've been living on frozen meals and pitas for the last 5 weeks, which I think is contributing to what I feel is stalled loss. On the bright side, I'm moving out to an apartment (with a kitchen, hooray!) on Friday. So then, fresh food + regular exercise = bring it on!!

I need a happy dance

Have an awesome day ladies!

~Lindsey Lea
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 AM   #747  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Lindsey that is awesome contrats on the move UP!!! (not on the scale ) just so you know that first grocery bill is so gonna suck lol!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #748  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning chickies! Today is biggest loser day, so I am trying to get my lemon water in and of that. I am a little concerned about WI because I have not been to the potty in 4 days. I had too much red meat over the weekend, and for some reason, I have a really hard time getting rid of it. I should not have a gain, but I may stay the same, which drives me crazy because I really deserve a loss. Oh, well, maybe the colon Gods will smile on me today.

Erin- I was just noticing that you are halfway there. Great job!!!

Lea Ann- The "who gets to sit by mommy" is a never ending battle around here, too. Unfortunately, Daddy never wins.

Princess Heather- I always take bottles at the age of one. I would not put juice or anything in bottles if at all possible. Water, maybe, since that is not so exciting, but nothing good that he really wants. Believe it or not, it is easier to take the bottle the younger they are. The same goes for pacifiers.

Debbie- Good to see you back. I would call it a great victory that you got partway up the hill.

Lisa- Hi-ya!

Britt- You are doing great!

Sherry- Good luck with your 2nd day of TO!

Shout out to Deets, Beanie, Purple Sunshine, Milca, Carmen, Dairy, Yoga, and all of the rest of you!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #749  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone.

I'm a bit down this morning because home scale has me up. not sure why because i've been totally POP. I WI today and if i'm up i will be even more disappointed. ahh i hate this feeling. i was thinking not to WI today because it will ruin it for me but since they want to measure me today and possible change me to green i'll go in and face that darn scale. something needs to get going here. All this pregnancies on here. hubby wants to go for the girl and we decided when ds#2 turns 2 we'll start trying. he turns 1 in sept. so it would seem that by the time i'm almost done with maintenance next year (if i get to goal soon) is the time we will be planning to get pregnant. i'll have to start all over again. . Well enough of me complaining.

Sherry - i'm guessing the fish has no breading right. is it the blackened cajun grilled fillet?? I have their cookbook but maybe you have a newer 1 because the recipe you gave me for soup yesterday is not in my book.

Dairy thanks for the encouragement with swimming. hopefully i'll do good tomorrow, i cant wait to be able to do it on my own. Congrats on the baby.

Katie if its the blackened cajun grilled fillet sherry is talking about then it has 330mg sodium, 100 cals, 3g fat, 1g carbs, 17g protein. it does have 1g monosaturated, .5g saturated & 1g polysaturated fats also.

HeatherCP i dont think its bad to give your son juice in the bottle but he might get attached. My 2 1/2 year old still drinks milk in his bottle, he drinks juice in his sippy cup but will kick and scream if he doesnt have his milk in the bottle. the 10 mo old still does not want his sippy cup, he will drink from my glass but he doesnt know how to drink yet from the cup because he is only used to the pressing motion of the nipple and the sippy cup he has to pull more and doesnt know how to do that. we're still giving it to him so he gets used to the cup but we dont want to put juice or water in the bottle. sorry for going on so long. are you getting another boy or a girl this time?? how exciting for you.

Debbie glad to hear you had a good vaca.

Britt i went over a little on my starch too but not too much and have been POP otherwise. Have fun with your guests and dont go too crazy.

Lindsey congrats on the new apt. are you having frozen meals every night? I was having those alot and i stalled also so that is prob whats going on.

well about to leave to go WI, its such a hassle to get the boys together and get to the car. Talk to you gals later.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #750  
on LAWL

Hey all--I just wanted to add something that has really been consistently working for me for our little bathroom problems--seems a lot of us have it. Sometimes the center says it's the decrease in food, other times they have something else to say. I came across my Calcium/magnesium/zinc pills that my chiropractor recommended for my TMJ (apparently the mag. is a natural muscle relaxant) and it really helped with my jaw clenching--but I forgot until I started taking them again last week that they also regulate me. I take 3 every night (which gives me 100% of my calcium/mag/zinc) and I have been like clockwork every morning within an hour of waking up. May not be science but it's working so I'll continue. The only going every 2-3 days was driving me crazy. Normally I would apologize for TMI but I know a lot of us battle this. Just another possibility for some since we need the calcium anyway. The bottle says for "bones and joints", and "Calcium is an essential mineral for strongth teeth and bones. Magnesium is important for healthy nerves and muscles. Zinc is involved in metabolism and aids in proper growth." Just a thought--got them at walmart.

Katie--fortunately, the older they get, Daddy gets more turns! Good Luck at your BL WI. I hae stayed the same for so long I wouldn't know what to do if I actually showed a real loss--I just keeping bouncing from 159-161 UGH!! Not sure how long I can blame TOM and exercise.