Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #16  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

WOOHOO Danielle....way to go on the 2.5 lb loss girl!!! Excellent work!

And Moi....you rock!!! Excellent work from you too!!

Way to go ladies, what a superb week!

Welcome Angie!! so great to have you join us!! Good idea staying off that scale while AF is around, you dont need that frustration! See I can tell you are smart already! LOL! Cant wait to hear more successes from you! Keep posting with us!

We have pretty normal dinners around our house, I just try to cut fat and calories where I can, or I avoid some things on my plate and substitute with something else. For instance, when I make spaghetti I use ground turkey in the meat sauce instead of ground beef. And if we have a noodle or rice side dish I skip it and have squash (which my family hates) or I'll have brown rice instead. Tonight we are having steak and baked potato but instead of putting sour cream and butter on mine I'll use salsa instead.

I hope you all are having a fantastic Monday! Recovering from the party yesterday? Stay strong!! Lets have a fantastic week!! We can do this!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #17  
Moi

Yeah, I do the same, nothing special, regular meals but just try to make healthy changes and choices.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #18  

Default hey!

Hey everyone! I started slim-fast last wednesday, but my weigh-in days are on monday. I just wanted to say hello! I am excited about slim-fast. I love the taste and the convenience it provides while still letting me eat supper with my husband.

I'm so excited to be doing this! I went to the gym today with my husband AND I bought a Tae Bo DVD today!

I love this message board!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/170/135

Hello, I'm new on here. Been struggling all my life, lost and gained weight. Tired of everyone making fun of me and telling me that I'm a pretty girl but I need to lose a lot of weight. So I'm not only doing it for others I want to do it for myself!!!! Just started WW on my own. I have all the books. I'm 25 years old and I weight 170. My goal is to lose 35 LB. Any Advice?
Thank You
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #20  
Melissa

Hi Leighlee!! So glad to see you post with us again! Thats the great thing about slimfast, you can still eat dinner with the family! LOL! I know thats why its worked so well for me in the past. There's nothing worse than having to make 2 different dinners. Keep up the good work!!

Hi elluvebug! I think the best advice I could give you is to start journalling if you dont already, and I dont just mean a food journal. Getting to know yourself and what you love about yourself is a huge key to success with weightloss. Another thing you've got to realize first off is that there is no quick fix. Its all about calorie in vs. calorie out. Eating less and moving more! I love the Slimfast plan because it gives me alot of structure. You've got to find whats going to work for you, if you love it you'll stick to it. Good luck to you!!

Okay, just had to do a little brag on myself! I was going to blow of exercise today because I've been so tired all day, but after a little chat with my very dear friend I got off my tush and did my biggest loser workout!! I feel so great for doing it! I stuck to plan excellently today, I'm even a bit low on calories so I'm going to have my hot fudge sundae with sugar free icecream as my snack! YUM! I'd say well earned after another fantastic day!! AF is on her way, but she's got nothing on me!!

I hope everyone had a beautiful day!! Stay strong! We can do this!!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #21  

Does anyone use the menu planner on slimfast.com? And do you do the meal combinations like eat something with the shake? I just started the plan have been on alot of diets so I wanted to give this a shot.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #22  
Melissa

Good Morning 2much!! I dont use the menu planner on Slimfast, just because I'm a bit of a picky eater and alot of the stuff I just dont like. But I did use it to give me some ideas for sure. And I follow the layout of it, I just put in the foods I prefer. so yes, I do the meal combinations. With my first shake I have a piece of fruit usually, but with my second shake I have either a sandwich, soup or a salad, or my favorite lately is to have english muffin pizzas. I end up with about 1700 calories at the end of the day.

I hope that helps some. Good luck to you with the plan! I hope you stick around and post with us!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #23  

Don't have time right now to post personals, but wanted to make sure I stopped by this morning.

Wow!! It's great to see all the new faces around here! I do hope you ladies will stick around and post and have some fun with us! I wish you all the best on your journey. Support is huge in the success to weight loss, so I hope you all will be here to give & receive.

Have had a good week so far. Workout yesterday almost killed me!
Seriously, thought I was gonna die! Come to find out that I was doing the wrong one from the Biggest loser dvd...oops! Thank goodness that I don't have to do *that one* again for another 2 weeks. It was a killer.

Busy afternoon here but will make sure to get that workout in later. I'm on a streak, refuse to break it now!

I wish you all success and happiness today. Keep shining and remember you're worth every step.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #24  
Melissa

Howdy girls!! Just doing my afternoon check in! Just finished my biggest loser workout! Did my bike today too! What did you do today? Did you get up and get that tush a shakin? I hope so! You'll thank yourself for it later!

Eating has been great today! Water is a little light but thats just due to my schedule and lack of available potty breaks.

Alright off to PTA! Have a fantastic evening!!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #25  

Default Evening check In

Hiya ladies! How'd everyone do today? I had a great day and I feel spectacular!

Just finished a biggest loser workout and an hr. on my bike. I did it this time listening to my iPod and I gotta tell ya, I think I got a better workout. I biked like crazy and actually had alot of fun. Go figure, eh?

Melissa, you're rockin the exercise lady!! I cannot even wait til summer and your family sees how amazing you look!

Everyone, yoo hoo, where'd ya all disappear to? I hope you had a great day on plan and will check in with us to tell us all about it!!

Have a great night, see ya in the a.m.!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #26  
Melissa

Hello lovely ladies!! Hows it going? Gotten all quiet here...whats up? Are you sticking to plan? Getting in that exercise? You can do it!! Dont give up on you!!

Dani...you rock as usual! I'm so very proud of how great you are doing!! Keep it up!!

Everyone else...come out come out whereever youare!!!

~melissa
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

ugh..still here. Well, I've been working my butt off staying in calorie/on diet and exercising every day and my scale has not budged in 3 days! I'm a bit disappointed.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #28  
Melissa

Oh stay off that scale!! dont you know scales are for fish!! LOL! Once a week is all you need! Did you take your measurements? You dont lose inches and pounds at the same time so if you arent losing on the scale I bet you are losing inches! Thats the best measure, you can actually see yourself shrink then!! keep up the good work! I promise you are doing yourself good! You'll see the results, dont give up! You can do this!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #29  

I was doing good then I blew it today big time so back on the wagon tommorow!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #30  
Melissa

As long as you get right back up on the wagon!! Cant change the past, only the future!! You can do it!!! Have a fantastic day!! Stay strong and in control!! You deserve all the rewards you'll get!
Closed Thread