Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #121  

Teresa, you are on the right track. Make sure you get in all your snacks and also have additional calories with your lunch slimfast product so you get your meal combination. That way you wont get the hungers too soon! The "old" way slimfast used to be was the 2 slimfast products at brekkie & lunch & the sensible dinner-- that's how it was when I did it. Now they've changed it alittle bit to add that meal combo and the extra snacks for us "bigger" people! I make sure I get those snacks too! It's alot better this way, ensures that we don't go hungry and know that we are still working the plan.

Exercise is a hard thing to get used to, especially when you're not used to doing any. That was me! I found every excuse in the book to not do it, and all it did was keep me from reaching my goals. I totally understand about wanting to get the food under control first, I did that too. One thing at a time, baby steps, this isn't a race. You'll know when you're ready and then you'll really look forward to it once you get it going. Never in a million years did I think I'd actually look forward to getting up to workout!
It makes me feel good mentally, and sleep is so much better.

IMO weightloss is 99% mental, if you tell yourself you CAN do this, you WILL!! I know you will too! You want this alot, I can tell, keep striving to be good to yourself and the rest will follow.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #122  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Princessmeme...way to go yesterday girl!! Keep it up!

Danielle...no I didnt go to the gym, I've decided I'm just gonna do those biggest loser workouts this week and when I'm ready to tackle the gym again I will. Otherwise I'm just stressing myself out over it. It'll come back, for now I'll stick to bob! And if I do go to the gym..it'll all be gravy!....mmm gravy! LOL! way to go on those workouts woman!! You rock!! Cant wait till we can both be elipticaling<<<is that a word? LOL!

Teresa!..so great to see you again! You dont have to be hungry all day! Thats not a way to live. Its just about picking the right kinds of foods that make you feel full longer, like high fiber and proteins. How many calories are you doing? My calorie goal for the day is 1700 calories...yes its possible to eat that much and lose, I lost 4 lbs last week doing it! Another big thing is to eat every couple of hours. You dont have to be hungry! The better you feel the better you'll do! Hunger just leads to cheats! And if you arent eating enough for your body to function your energy levels are going to be way low so you wont want to exercise. Plus you wont lose! You can lose that lb by your birthday! I know you can, and I'll be right there with you every step of the way!! My daughters birthday is the 4th! You can do this Teresa! And it doesnt have to hurt in the mean time!!

I managed to get in another workout today...yay me again! LOL! Eating has been great but i did treat myself to an iced mocha today. I looked it up and its only 180 calories so not terrible. We'll see how I feel after dinner, maybe I can skip my evening snack to make up the calories...we'll see, if not no biggie!

Hows your day going? I hope its fantastic! Be good!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #123  

Hi all I'm back on track trying to stick with the plan. I worked out today did the bike but good start. And so far so good with the plan.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #124  
Melissa

Welcome back!! You are doing great today! Keep it up! Way to go on that workout!! We can do this...one day at a time!!

~melissa
Old 02-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #125  

Welcome back! You can do this. You're doing great, keep it up!

danielle
Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #126  

Melissa, I think your idea for working out this week is a good one. I know you will get back to what you were doing before in no time. Great idea just sticking with Bob, he's so easy to look at too! LOL Good for you for getting started again. I cannot wait to be elipitacling ( I like that word. heehee), it beats getting a sore hiney on that dumb bike!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #127  
Goal:run 10k in ATL July4

S/C/G: 205/172/145

I did very well yesterday despite the temptation that my bf brought home(chinese food). He called me to let me know so I made sure I ate my chicken breast along with my trusted high protein slimfast...it was very fulling thank you. So when he came along with the egg rolls, lo mein, and chicken wings...I was so full that I didn't have any craving for it. Other than that today is a new day...officially my third day on slimfast..I can't wait to weigh in on Tuesday morning. Hopefully I'm down at least 2lbs...I'll be happy for 1lb even.

Oh yesterday I did the Billy Blanks Botcamp workout and later on in the afternoon my friend invited me to climb the bleachers with her at our school's football stadium.......Trust me that was a great workout..I plan on doing it again this weekend(great workout for glutes, quads, basically all my lower body problem). I was suppose to do my 3mile jog this morning but I was so tired I decided to sleep in..I'll try in see if I could squeeze it in today..I don't know we'll see.

Hope all is well with every one. Keep it up! We can do it!
I'll check in later after class and work study.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #128  
Ancoro Imparo

S/C/G: 338/338/150

Hubby and I both had a hard time yesterday, but i think we are making it too difficult on ourselves. I think that our calories are too restrictive, trying to stay at 1200 right now. That leaves us hungry at all times, even right after we eat.

As soon as we have a few days of good weather, I will start trying to walk daily. i'd like to walk early in the morning, then again in the afternoon. At least, that is my goal.

I'm on my way to a job interview, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on that. I am not certain that they will be able to meet my current salary, though, but I will see. I have it in my head that no one will hire me because of my size right now.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #129  
Goal:run 10k in ATL July4

S/C/G: 205/172/145

Just had to quickly comment on my way to work:
Hey Teresa....I believe your caloric intake is too restrictive...Personally I take in 1560 calories in per day...and I'm never hungry. Do not starve yourself(1200 caloire is starvation). If you're hungry eat just be careful what you're eating. If you choose healthy choices you'll always feel full..fill up on some fiber(fruits, veggies) and lean proteins. Good luck and yes you can do it, we're here for you.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

I just have minute, but I wanted to stop by while I'm drinking my breakfast/snack combo of a blended up strawberry/banana shake. Yum-my!

Yesterday, was a bit hectic, but OK.

Today should be a good, productive day. I've got a lot to keep me busy at home, but I need to go to the grocery store to pick some more healthy fixings. I want to price the Slim Fast high protein shakes.

Good luck on your job interview teresa!!! I hope it all goes smoothly. If you're meant to have it, you will. Don't think about your weight while getting interviewed, it's not an issue. However, I do feel like you should increase your caloric intake. I forget how much you weigh at the moment, but I bet you should be eating at least 1,800 to 2,000 a day to lose and not slow down your metabolism. I don't want you to be hungry all day! No fun!!!

I'm wishing you all a slimming day - FAST! lol
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #131  
Melissa

Oh chinese food!! YUM! thats stuff is dangerous around me especially that lo mein! Way to go to you for avoiding it! And an even bigger way to go to your bf for warning you so you could prepare! He gets a gold star from me!! Great job on those workouts too...girl you are just cruisin arent you!! Excellent! Keep it up I bet you will see very good things on the scale come tuesday!! I'm a student too, whats your major? Mines business administration-accounting and psychology. I could have a minor in health and human performance too but i changed majors.

Teresa, in my opinion 1200 calories is way way too low, you are just asking for trouble when you keep yourself hungry like that all day long. Have you used one of the calorie calculators yet? Just to see what your body needs to maintain then subtract 500-1000 from that to lose weight. Mine tells me about 2700 calories so I eat 1700. Theres no need to go hungry you can still lose! I've got my fingers crossed for that job!! Good luck!

Holly...I really want that strawberry powder darn it! LOL!! Keep up the good work girl!!

Okay off to class, I'll check back with you later! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #132  

Good morning ladies! This is turning out to be a bad week! I honestly think that not going to the gym on Monday set the tone for the entire week! I have been so lazy and not following the plan to well. I'm learning that I have too many trigger foods. Tuesday, I was craving Ritz crackers. So, I went and bought the reduced-fat Ritz. I made a snack of 5 Ritz, 5 pepperoni slices, and a low-calorie cheese stick and I was fine. The next day I nearly ate the rest of the roll of crackers! Yesterday, I was on a Ritz cracker/peanut butter/jelly kick! I'm getting tired of letting food control me! My every waking moment is spent thinking about food! And it's not that I'm hungry. It's because it's there! I really want to look good when I pick my husband up from the airport in 11 days, but I think I've just sabotaged all of my success.

Teresa, good luck on your job interview!

PrincessMeMe, I'm moving to Panama City. Have you ever been there? If so, what's it like?

To everyone, thanks for being so supportive! I really love this thread! Sorry I've been such a downer lately! Everyone keep up the good work! I can't believe how fast this is going by! Enjoy your Thursday! Take care!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #133  

Good Morning Slimfasters!!

It's wonderful to see you all this morning. Can ya believe tomorrow's Friday?!
I finished out yesterday great, I was under quite a bit on calories just wasn't hungry I guess. Got in about 2hrs of exercise and all my water!
My DD asked me last night if I was losing my fluff. LOL She was so serious about it too, I couldn't help but giggle. My kids are so proud of me, they say they see changes already and that keeps giving me the incentive to keep going. Whenever I'm riding my bike, I always get two thumbs up from my son, he's just thrilled to see my working out. I want my kids to be healthy and know about eating right and exercising. I never want them to go thru life being overweight or having issues with food, like I have.

Melissa (Princess), way to go on skipping that chinese. You held fast to eating right and it will reward you! The bleacher workout sounds perfect for working those areas us women hate. LOL I hope you get 3mile run in today, you'll be glad you did!

Teresa, best wishes on your job interview! Let us know how it went. I would not even worry about your weight being an issue, it's the talent that you possess that will get you the job! Like Holly said, if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Woman, ya need to eat!! 1200 calories is wayyyyy too little to feel full or satisfied on. I'm at around 1600 to lose and I find it's just right for me.
Try boosting your calories up and see if that doesn't get you feeling better.
Dh needs to be even higher in calories so he can lose right too. Keep those furnaces burning!! Your idea for a walk sounds great! Morning walks outside are so relaxing to me, and keeps you from getting bored. Be sure and share when you get it done, you can do it!!

Holly- I'm so jealous of your strawberry shake mix. LOL I can't find it anywhere at the moment. Hoping for better results next week.
High protein SF here is actually priced lower than the Optima products, so that's encouraging news. I hope you find what you want.

SJ, where are ya hon? We miss you.

Moi, did we lose you somewhere? Come back!

2Much, how ya doing today? Got anymore bike rides planned? Hope to hear good things from you today!

Ladies, have a fabulous Thursday. Keep shining, keep reaching, you can do this, you deserve this!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #134  

Sj, there ya are! We were posting at the same time I guess. Lady, keep that chin up and keep going! You've made wonderful progress so far, you can't stop now. So ya had a few days of off eating, big deal! You can get past this and move on, I know you can. DH will be thrilled to see you no matter how you look, but you knew that already. He will love the fact that you are making this effort to get healthy to start having a family. Give yourself a hug today and remember all the good you've done! Hey, you're not a downer at all, that's what we're here for sweets. Celebrate the success, support when you're struggling, that's the name of this game baby!! CHIN UP!
BTW, I can't be left alone in a room with PB&J so don't feel bad! LOL

Melissa, there ya are! You never told me you changed to business administration. Or psychology for that matter! LOL Obviously all the classes you've told me about didn't register in my pea brain. DUH!
Have a stellar day chica!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

Did someone say Chinese? LOL

Hun, have an excellent day in class. I got my business degree last June and now I'm becoming a registerd dietician. It'a a long road, though. I ignored science for many years (as many Biz majors do...lol), but I've been interested in health for a long time. Hubby encouraged me to follow my dream. The BA in Business will back any endeavor I choose (econ minor...nerd alert! lol).

sj, I know what you mean about food. I think about it a lot too. I've linked snacking with comfort in my mind for too many years. It's a hard habit to break. But break it, you will! I bet you're so excited to see hubby soon. Mine went on a 5 week business trip last fall and it seemed like forever.

desert, it's Friday! Eeekk! You're right! Holy Moly, almost weigh in day. My eating week has not been going as planned, but it's been OK. Oh well, finish strong! Next week will be coming again soon! I'll just keep enjoying my STRAWBERRY powder! lol...it's not THAT great, I don't want you to be too jealous.

Happy Thursday!
Closed Thread