Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #61  
Moi

hey Holly! I don't know what you're supposed to do, but I make my snack decisions on what I feel like at the time, trying to make them healthy choices of course, aiming for fruit as much as possible but if at the time I just feel like a bowl of cereal or a cup of soup or whatever, that's what I'll have. We'll see how it works for me in time I guess, this is all new and I'm still trying to figure it out too, but so far so good, I think I'm down half a pound so far this week, and I'm a very hard loser.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #62  
Moi

Here's another suggestion that might help anyone... check out the Canadian Slimfast Website. It's a little different in how it is set up. Frankly, maybe I was doing something wrong (?) but I couldn't figure out the U.S. website! lol. The Canadian website shows a lot of different snack options, not just fruits and veggies.

Here, try this page: http://www.slimfast.ca/planner.asp and click on the sample 4 weekly meal planners for your weight/calories... this is where I got the idea of how to do the plan. So, is this any different than the US plan? I couldn't figure out where to look on the US website!
Old 02-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Moi!

I like the Canadian site too. Thanks for sharing!

This is where I found the eating requirements on the U.S. site. http://www.slim-fast.com/plan/personalizing.asp The fruit/veg based snacks as well as other yummy snacks are on the recipe link up top. I suppose you could substitue fruit/veg based snacks for other ones. I mean, a calorie is a calorie. Slim Fast probably just wants to ensure that we're all getting our minimum amount of produce in for the day.

I'm a detail person...if ya couldn't tell. LOL!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #64  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

sjdphc...woooohoooo!! Girl you rock!!! Keep up the good work!! Did you ever post your stats? starting/current/goal? Just wanna see how close you are getting! I'm so proud of you!! Congrats on some amazing success!

Moi....are you cheating on us?! LOL, just kidding! That sounds like me!

Danielle...let me know what you find out about those shoes, I need something like that for sure, I wonder if it'd help with my shins. Also, I tend to get cramps in my feet for some reason. So I'm curious if a shoe like that would help.

Holly....so great to see you again!! To answer your question about fruits and veggies, no I dont have those for my snacks usually..sometimes though. I go more on calorie amounts. My goal is to do 1700 calories a day. So my day usually goes : 200 calories for breakfast, 200 calorie snack, 400 calorie lunch, 200 calorie snack, 500 calorie dinner, 200 calorie snack. Thats my goal anyway, sometimes I dont eat as much earlier in the day (like if I have an orange for a snack) and I know that means I can have a little extra dinner. I do have a fruit with breakfast, lunch and dinner though. I love to add a banana to my chocolate shake for lunch, thats my favorite. Its all about calorie in calorie out so having something besides fruit for a snack is not cheating! Yogurt is a good one! Keep up the good work!

Keep up the great work everyone!! I smell GREAT things coming our way!! We deserve it!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #65  

Ok, I'm back with more time to post. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio(elliptical) and 30 minutes of weight training (upper/lower body combo).

Here's my story when it comes to my stats. I went to the doctor last Friday and the scale there said 189! On top of that, she told me that I needed to lose about 20 lbs, especially if I'm TTC. Needless to say, that was my wake-up call and that day I decided to give Slim-Fast a try. The next day I weighed at home and the scale said 183.5. -5.5 lbs lost in 24 hours... Must have been some major water weight! Since then, I've been losing some each day. I'm currently at 179.5. My goal is to be in the 160s by March 7th (when my DH returns from school). So, I guess my stats would go something like this:
SW/CW/GW/Height/Age
189/179.5/169/5'9"/25

Is my goal feasible? What about everyone else's stats? My ultimate goal would be to get back down to 150. By the way, I'm a scale addict, especially since my goal date is so close! Sunday weigh-ins are cool though.

Danielle, if you are looking for shoes, try Payless! Their Champion athletics would probably work just as well as Nikes for a fraction of the price! They are also having their BOGO Sale. Insoles can be used to provide extra support. Also, Target and Wal-Mart have cute, reasonably priced workout clothes.

Hun.e.B, I'll have to try putting a banana in my shake! Sounds pretty tasty! I tried the Slim-Fast Optima Caramel Crispy Peanut meal bar yesterday. It was pretty good! It's more chewy than crispy though. Definitely more than enough to cure a sweet tooth!

Okay, enough rambling! I hope EVERYONE is having a great day! Hope to hear from you all soon! Take care!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #66  
Melissa

sjdphc...I think your goal sounds absolutly feasible! And you are doing so great so far!! Those doctors scales are typically off from the home scales, I know mine weighs about 4 lbs light so when you go back dont let it bother you at all...just go by your scale because you are doing GREAT!!! And when you are ready to ttc I'll be throwing that baby dust at you!

My stats are in my siggy but here they are again....
starting/current/goal/height/age
250/237.5/165/5'7''/twenty-thirteen

Have a great night everyone!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #67  

Good Morning!

Stayed on plan yesterday!

My stats are 220/143/135.

I'm off to the grocery store to buy more SF and healthy stuff!

See you later!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #68  

Gooooood Morning Slimfasters!

Holly, wow you are almost at your goal! Did you lose all that with Slim fast or something else? Who cares how, gosh it's just awesome to see!
I'm impressed.

Have completed my first workout for the day, totally beat my arse. I'm sleepy today for some reason. I woke up twice in the middle of the night to use the bathroom---too much late night water drinking! Maybe that's why I'm tired, I dunno. Otherwise I'm feeling super good. I still can't believe tomorrow's Friday! This week flew, and this weekend is a 3-dayer so next week will fly too. Anybody watching the Olympics? So disappointing Michelle Kwan dropped out. Ugh, and I'm sorry, Bode Miller makes me sick. How much more arrogant can he get? lol Just don't think he's a good representitive of our country. Ok, off the soapbox!

Has anyone ever used Turbo Jam for exercise? I was doing some reading about it, and it sounds really fun. It does a whole body workout, and there are tons of different dvd's to use, lots of music and dancing. May have to try it out and see what all the hoopla is about.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check on ya'll later.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #69  

Good morning!

Holly, ditto to what desertdreamer said! Only 8 more pounds to go for you! Totally doable!

Desert, congrats on your first workout! What's your workout routine like? How often do you work out? No, I haven't been watching the Olympics, but I was also bummed to hear about Michelle Kwan. She's still a champion! Not everyone makes it to the Olympics!

I haven't heard of Turbo Jam. It's sounds like fun though from your description. I keep saying that I'm going to DVR exercise programs on FitTV, but I never do! I like that guy, Gilad, but I watch him more than I do the exercises!

No loss or gain for me this morning. I plan on taking my pup to the dog park and later, go to the gym for bootcamp aerobics (kicks my butt every time)!

Today, I'm going to have fast-food. Well, it's just chili from A&W. Has anyone ever had their chili? I would go to Wendy's, but supposedly A&W's chili has less sodium.

Gotta go prepare breakfast! I'll check in later. Take care!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #70  
Melissa

Wow Holly you are so close!!! Can you taste it yet!! Way to go girl!! I'm so excited for you! Goal is right around the corner!

Danielle you rock!! I'm so proud of you and your exercise!! You really are my inspiration and what keeps me wanting to keep sweating! Way to go on getting those in girl! I've not really been watching the olympics, I like the summer ones better. I did see commercials for Bode, have you seen em. Bob was laughing about them because he lost. I dont know anything about him other than his drinking and skiing comment. Did you see the girl that is taking Michelle kwans place? shes cute, shes the sister of the girl that won the gold last time.

sjdphc...I hope you had a great workout today!! I've not had A&W chili, but I have a recipe that is supposed to be the same as wendy's chili and its so good! I just love it, in fact I should make some! LOL!

Well its absolutly freezing here! -10 with the windchill supposed to be -30 or so tonight...brrr! But I'm sticking to plan like a champ! I even allowed myself some of my chocolates last night, I worked it into my calories.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!! Be good! You deserve it!! Are we posting weigh in on sunday or friday?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #71  

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! It's acutally been a long process getting the weight down. Mostly I've been watching portions and calorie counting. I kind of float from one thing to the next. I guess I just like to keep it fresh. I tend to lose 10 pounds or so, then maintain for awhile and so on.

I don't know if I'll make it down to my 135 goal or not, but I thought I would see if Slim Fast could help me make it to the finish line. If not, it will still keep my eating under control, which has a been a bit of trouble for me as of late. Plus, I like the convenience of it all.

I haven't tried Turbo Jam yet. I've seen the commercials, though, and it looks like a lot of fun. Right now, I'm mostly using some of my Firm tapes. Not quite as exciting, but they get the job done. lol These little face are the best.

Well, so far, so good for today. I had a shake for breakfast, a small cake donut which will count for at least two of my snacks today (I'll have to check the calories on that), and lunch was a shake and some veggie/rice soup again. I bought some of the Strawberry Optima Powder at the store this morning.

See you later. Keep sippin' those shakes!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #72  

Evening ladies! I'm trying to wait a full three hours before I turn in for bed. So, I decided to post to stay awake! Today was a good day. Bootcamp aerobics was brutal! We ran a lot today. I was just happy not to have been the last one in the pack! The A&W chili was okay. Of course I think my chili tastes better, but I was too lazy to cook it! The A&W chili was also very salty to me. Anywho, since I've started Slim-Fast, I've been soooo full! I never get in the 3 snacks recommended! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Holly2, how were the strawberry shakes? I'm still in love with the chocolate!

On a good note, I tried on a skirt that I bought 2 years ago when I was smaller and it fit! Well, it was snug... I'll take it being snug over not being able to button it any day! Must mean I'm making some progress! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow! Good luck to everyone!

Goodnight everyone! TGIF!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #73  
Melissa

Hows it going everyone? Sticking to plan? Getting that exercise in?? Are you all set to have a great weekend? No big plans around here other than homework and housework..oh my favorite! LOL! NOT!

Keep up the good work everyone!! We are kicking some serious butt lately! Cant wait to see the official results of a great week on sunday! Be good! You are worth it!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #74  

Hi there!

Things are going well here. I stuck to plan and exercised yesterday. Today is going well too. I had a shake for breakfast, granola bar and banana for snacks #1 and#2, half a sandwich and shake for lunch.

Dinners have been set up like they have on the website, with a focus on veggies, 1/4 meat, and 1/4 of the plate starch. It seems to be working fine. I haven't been hungry now that I'm following it more in detail.

I just had my last chocolate shake, tomorrow, I'll be in strawberry paradise! lol

Old 02-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #75  

Hey everyone! Still sticking to the plan here as well. Again, no gain or loss today. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. I was feeling "blah" this morning, but now I feel a lot better! Gonna get some housework done and watch a little tv before lunch. Will check in later. Take care!
Closed Thread