Old 01-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #541  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey All, Went to Chuck-O-Rama tonight for my dad's bday. I did okay, not POP good, but not, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" bad. By the way, today was Al Rokers first weekly weigh in, and he was down 5 lbs. from last Tuesday. It looks to the me like the 3 hour diet is pretty similar to LAWL in a lot of ways except sodium.

Leah- My fav snack is half of a banana sliced with 1 T of LF peanut butter, topped with 1 T of FF cool whip, and drizzled with SF Hersheys. It is dang good, but it uses up 2 of my precious condiments for the day, so I have to limit how often I have it.

Beanie- That is why I always weigh before going to the COD. I am afraid of suprises!

Bre- We are still getting pounded with the snow, too. It was snowing and blowing tonight, I was hoping for good, old fashioned blizzard that closes down school and snows in our road, but then it stopped. Better luck next time, I guess.

Night everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #542  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning everyone!! Just wanted to touch base.

Deets - that dinner sounds wonderful and actually I think I might make it tonight - I actually have all those ingredients at home already!! YEAH....

Well, I went to the gym last night and met with the trainer. WOW - I didn't realize what I could actually do - I think I've been taking it too easy on myself lately.

Leah - That banana dessert sounds really good too - might have to try that one.

Repo - Didn't know Al Roker was losing weight again - Did he regain from the last time?

LadyIzzy - My best friends lives in Michigan - planning a trip next month actually. I couldn't live there though - way to cold for this NC girl. I would like to get some colder weather, but not quite that cold. At least it helps with all the bugs and mosquitos in the summer.

MrsBeanie - Got to hate when the work is so busy that it leaves no time to play. Especially when the boss is hanging around - Hopefully today will be better....

Well ladies, Hope everyone has an OP day!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #543  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning chicks!!!

FYI i posted a Greek Salad with Oregano Marinated Chicken in the recipe thread. I go WI this morning in about an hour but i dont really feel like i have lost anything my scale at home said i was down .5 which i will gladly take but not sure if LAWL scale will agree lol. I didnt get all my water in yesterday and I missed a fruit. I am going to try and make up the water i missed yesterday today wish me luck lol. I will post an update after I WI.

Deets~
HAHA about the carrots but what a great choice and a little NSV. I know the first time i went out my family (aunts,cousins,grandparents) after i started LAWL and i ordered diffferently than i used to gave the waiter the menu and they were all staring at me it was rather funny but a great feeling. When I stop by McDonalds these days i always get me at least one apple dipper (dollar menu) with no sauce to help get a fruit in. When im traveling to my BF it comes in handy.

Leah~
Congrats on finishing TO enjoy your breakfast lol. That sounds good with the banana and Choc syrup i will have to try that.

Bre~
laughing cow cheese rocks doesn't it!! HAHA nope JulieMarie and I are not related other than we are chicks on LAWL!

Katie~
I will have to try your suggestion too lol i love PB and choc. About the condiments that is usually something i never get all in so hey that gives me something extra.

Im gonna get started on some paperwork and then go WI and ill be back later.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #544  

Deets~ mcnuggets on the dollar menu, why couldn’t they have done that before I started LAWL?

Leah~yeah you made it through TO :banana:

Britt~ I plan on trying the oregano chicken this weekend.

Finally went down some today. Down.6 pounds to 154.8. I was hoping to be 154.4 by Thursday for a 2 lb for the week loss, so fingers still crossed on that one.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #545  

Default Hi

Morning Chicks....It was raining when I came to work this a.m. Called in late, didn't feel like rushing to get here. Took some cold medicine and watched alittle early morning tv (Texas Ranger).....lol I feel better now and have a TON of work to do (you know I'm not use to that).

Purple - Where in MI do you friends live? How long ya gonna be here. If you go downtown, you can get a t-shirt that says: "I'm bad, I vacationed in Detroit"

Shennie - Look at your cute little self - you go chick!

Hugs to all, check back later....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #546  

Sorry chicks- think I've caught Star's cold. . woke up late, and am trying to get into office. .

I'll try to catch up later.
Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #547  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default An Introspective

Hi Everybody.

At WI this morning, I saw a .6 lb gain, so it looks like the speedy WL from my holiday gain may be coming to an end, leaving me with 5 actual lbs to go before I'm back to where I was before the damage began. I can live with that. The thing is to remember what brought about this setback, and also now I REALLY know how true it is that it doesn't come off nearly as quickly as it goes on. Then too, there's realizing that if I hadn't gone off Plan that I'd be wayyy closer to my first big goal - ONEderland.

First Karen, then Shennie said yesterday in her very nice way (as usual ) that the plan really does work as long as we work it. There is nothing truer than that. Work the plan. Work it like its written, and THEN if you don't lose, consult the nutritionist because that's what they're there for. For me, no more "wonder how to count this" or "what would this be on LAWL." The answer is simple: if its not in my book, it counts as a cheat. If I should happen to cheat, I will acknowledge it as such and move on. BUT if my loss slows then I can look back honestly and know why, and I'll know that I have myself to blame and not the COD. There are plenty of options made available to us, we just need to take advantage of them. Some people may be able to tweak and still lose, but I haven't been one of them. So for now, for me, its full speed ahead toward goal, and stab and maintenance, so I can earn back my extras the right way.

This is my plan.

Thanks ladies, for helping me keep it in perspective.

P.S. Julie and Star - Feel better Chickies!

Last edited by Chklithunder; 01-11-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #548  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Kaite - No fair! I want snow here! All it has been doing is raining and raining and then it rains some more!!

Textjewel- Sorry your sick chick!

Shennie - You are doing AWESOME! Congrats on the weight loss! And you are always so helpful and answer everyones questions! Thanks!

Star - don't work to hard! You know what they say all work and no play...makes for a rotten day?!?

Norissa - hope you are feeling better today.

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 01-11-2006 at 10:21 AM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #549  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Carmen - sorry you were up! But from the sound of your post you are more determined than ever! I KNOW you will get it off soon! There's a little ah hah moment we all go through now and then!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #550  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Britt good luck at weigh in. I go today too!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #551  

Morning Ladies - I continue to be amazed at how chatty and busy this board is. I do enjoy checking in every am though, makes me feel more accountable since I am not going to a center at this time. I am pretty much back on track after my lost weekend - my ticker is now accurate Whew, I guess I was a little shocked when I realized how fast a couple of pounds can come back.

Purplepirate - I am in Charlotte, just moved here about 6 weeks ago from N.Raleigh up by Wakefield Plantation. Very different cities these two are, but I love the bustle of Charlotte. Of course since we moved to NC from New England, we absolutely LOVE the weather

Shennie - you're always so much help, GL, I hope you make your goal

Leah - congrads on making through TO

To everyone else (who I am trying hard to remember since you all have great experiences, lots of helpful hints and recipes) Have Great Weigh-Ins and a terrific day.
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #552  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Carmen- You are my idol. You are absolutely right, and I am going to adopt the same attitude. I have had so much success so far, and the stall I am in is all my fault. I have gotten too lax, as well. I am going to become little miss strict about staying on plan. When I started, I acted like things that were not on plan were poison to me. I have got to return to that mentality. Thanks for the perspective, chickie!

Beanie- We get rain that melts all of the snow, then we get snow, that turns into ice, then we get wind that turns everything into mush. This is the strangest weather that I have ever seen. I really wish that it would even out, though. All of the changes are making me feel really rotten. I did not get my massage last night, maybe tonight.

Question: A long, long time ago, someone posted about getting a massage that would help them lose weight. What is that all about?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #553  
veronica's secret

Default Can this be Real?

I started to do the take off 2 day juice fast on 1/9. I weighed 138 lbs. then, I weighed in this morning and my scale is reading 131. Could this be real?

Yes!
veronica's secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #554  

Hi veronica, just want to be sure that you didn't mean you fasted and only had the juice, right?

but you probably lost alot of water weight with the TO. also I ussualy weigh myself 3 times to make sure my weights are "real" I have gotten on the scale some days and it say I had a 10 pound overnigth loss (I wish ) so I like to get the same number 3 times ina row to know it is true.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #555  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Default WI Results

Ok just got back from WI and well there is good and bad news. Bad news first.... i stayed the same as monday and there is still no news on the release date of the new cookbook. On to the good news I didnt gain anything LOL. I think the little stall this week is because I A.)didnt get all my water in yesterday only half maybe a little more and B.) I went to McDonalds and ordered apple dippers and when she handed me the bad i thougth it was heavy and so what do you think is inside besides my apple dippers a double cheeseburger that I didnt order. I should have left it in the bag and thrown it away when i got back to the office but I did that bad thing..... I ate it I think from now on i will check my bag before i leave the window so I can give them the burger back if they decide to throw in some additional. I should of had better will power and the scale showed me how I get repaid for doing stuff like that. So anyway I am now moving on from that and going to drink extra water today.

Shennie~
let me know how you like the recipe and what a cute pic you posted.

Star~
hope you are feeling a little better today dont work to hard

Julie~
wow your sick too i better starting taking meds so i dont get sick lol. Hope you feel better too

Carmen~
Well said chickie!! I think you are 100% correct and I am taking your words to heart I have decided to do without the pudding its not like i eat it all the time anyway. I will use the suggestions leah and katie made to make a little banana treat that is OP. I dont think the pudding had anything to do with my stall however i dont need to give my body any reason what so ever to stall out. So thanks that was a like a little pep talk pointed straight at me even though it wasnt lol.

Beanie~
Thanks for the WI well wishes!! Hope your WI is better than mine not that mine was all that bad. Good Luck!!!

Ok I am now going to play around on OrganizedHome.com im working on my spring cleaning plan haha who knew it could be so much fun planning that is.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote