Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #781  
Missing Ohio

Good Morning Chickies,

WELCOME to the Newbies. CONGRATS to the losers. HANG IN to the gainers.
YIPEE to the maintainers.

Julie - I'm fine just dealing with out of town stuff with the family. My brother in W.Va., who didn't want me to know, was he was being transferred between hospitals for a blood transfusions because the local hospital didn't have what he needed. He sounds much better and should be transferred home by the weekend. The keep forgetting that I will track Ben Lauden(sp) if they want me to. The same day my son in Denver was involved in a car accident but he didn't tell me until the following day. He would not wait for the ambulance to take him to the hospital, so I had to convince him to go even if he had to call a cab. He is very sore in his chest area. Men, they know that I am the one who can handle anything and take care it, but they always try to protect me because they think that I will worry and get upset. So, I'm upset for a minute but you go on.

I will come back later. I need to take the puppy outside later
THANK GOODNESS - I hit the submit reply and thought that I had lost this post. Usually, I cuss and try to remember what I said and retype. This time though, I hit the back button and the post was still there and copied it resigned into the thread and pasted it. WHEW hope this works this time. Oh, oh, better copy it again.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #782  

Today is the kids first day out of school for the holidays and youngest DD wakes up vomiting. We had planned to do a girls shopping trip to get a few last odds and ends and have lunch, but I guess I'm by myself.

Shennie - I wasn't even thinking about the Olive Garden until I read these threads! My last trip there I had the grilled steak medallions on a bed of fettuccine with alfredo topped with gorgonzola cheese. It was divine! As for the "light" dressing, I didn't even know they had such a thing. I just let them bring the salad with whatever dressing is already on it. We love that! Now I want a trip to Olive Garden!

Fiona - my only pair of jeans bit the dust the other day and I had to take a trip to Old Navy. I bought a cute pair of jeans that had a few "discreet" rips in them. My kids are in heaven - no more mom jeans!

Julie - this is from a post of yours awhile ago, but your tea at the Ritz sounded wonderful! I love clotted cream, too!

Deetsmom - you are the LAWL wonder! A size 2/4 is great! How tall are you?

Mary - the cashier was way out of line! I can't even imagine.

Carmen - I've not been keeping my journal either. I'm going to have to find it!

I know I need to go by the COD and get myself back on track. Being busy is no excuse, but its the only one I've got.

Actually, I have been thinking about revisiting 2 days of Take Off on Monday. From what I'm reading, I am assuming I can do the original one?? The one in the book with 6 oz. protien and limited veggies is scary to me!

Must brave the malls while it is early!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #783  

good morning everyone,

thanks for the swift kick fiona, wasn't even up a full pound so I feel better and I am aiming for 100oz of water for the day....32 down so far.

Star~ glad you feel better...missed you

Great loss Moneek

Going to WI this afternoon and stop by the mall reall quick (if i can find parking) I have a $10 coupon to use.

Just found out from DBF last night that he still doesn't have my gift Last year, I didn't get in until the 26th because he tried to go shopping at 7PM on the 24th and was surprise dthat most of the stores were closed . So I guess him shopping today is an improvement. His DM is out of town until the 2nd so he has her nothing and tried to convince me yesterday to just add his name to my present for her...men
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #784  
Missing Ohio

Welcome back Star, so glad that the footsie is doing great. That joint replacement is a miracle. I walked around in agony for about 10 years until I told a podiatrist what I thought would help because the toe pointed downward too much and was rubbing the bone. He said, Oh yeah, we could try a joint replacement to raise it up a little and that could possibly help. Sometimes, I wonder whose hands I'm putting my health in. Every payday for years, I ran around from drugstore to drugstore buying toe guards, etc. before I paid bills or bought grocery.

You will be kicking your heels up in no time. I did exercise (WATP) when I still had the shoe on. At that time, I thought that I really couldn't miss a workout. Now, I miss and miss some more

IT HAPPENED AGAIN - Maybe, I'm not supposed to post today. I have to sign in again each time. Anyhu, let's hope this works
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 AM   #785  
Missing Ohio

STOP - No more talk of Olive Garden. I have been refusing to go with my bestfriend. But, I may have to call her this morning and say, 'Let's do it'. She will be so shocked.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:52 AM   #786  

andi~ our kids don't get out until Friday...so late. but they get to stay out until the 9th and us parents can get some extra shopping time in.

Bre~ don't give in, I am really upset with myself this morning.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #787  

Star WB!!

Bre - obviously you are our country's undiscovered secret weapon -- I think you should volunteer to the CIA, just like Mrs Pollifax (have you ever read any of those)

About Olive Garden - I guess I'm lucky that I'm not too crazy about cream based pasta dishes -- the salmon was really good when I was there - and when I go with a group of people and lots of talking - I realize that I'm full about halfway thru - so there really is something to say about waiting 20 minutes to see if you're still hungry. AND I have learned that it is OKAY to be high maintainence and ask for the dressing on the side - and that I'll probably be doing this for the rest of my life.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #788  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chickies. Just a quick checkin...

Yesterday was not POP again, but was close. I had a rum and coke with my DM as we were having a giftwrapping pow wow, and now today I am a bit groggy. Funny how one drink will make you feel out of sorts after you have not had any liquor for awhile. I had wine on Monday, but as for rum I haven't had any since Thanksgiving weekend.

Star - Welcome Back, Girlfriend!!!! I'm happy that the surgery was a success. After you're done there will be nothing holding you back. Look out world!

Julie - Alfredo sauce is truly my . I don't understand how anyone could not like it. BUT that's the way of the world, we are all soo different. What is your ultimate temptation? I know its probably been discussed...

I have to run now (meeting at 10:30) so I'll check back in with you all this afternoon.

<--water (of course)!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #789  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning chicks.
Well i havent really been sick much this year but tuesday morning i woke up feeling bad and it got worse throughout the day. Stayed home from work yesterday had a temp of 101.7 last night but i twas down to under 100 this morning and im feeling somewhat better so i came on in to work. I have to hit the grocery store, sams club and probably target to finish up last minute shopping for christmas. Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well i will check back in this afternoon. Oh and I havent been to the center this week and since im sick and been on meds i doubt i will. Have to go in monday though.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #790  

Height: 5' 4"

WB Star!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #791  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!
Bought my lotto ticket last night and...........nothing. We are trying to get ready to go to the cabin so that we can leave in the morning. I got up early and started the meat and beans for chili, made a pan of cornbread, and the kids helped make a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I started this with the kids a few years ago, because Santa and the presents totally steal the meaning of Christmas from my kids. We make a birthday cake, complete with candles, and sing happy birthday and blow out the candles on Christmas eve. This really opens the door to discussing the Christmas story.

Last night we did our Secret Santa. We did my daycare mom that had to get the Protective Order last week. She just has one child, an 18 month old little girl. It was great. We pulled together 2 outfits for the baby and 2 toys, and a mini chopper, gloves, scarf, hat, and Old Navy gift card for the mom. After looking over what we had DM and I panicked that it was not enough, and ran to the grocery store for ham, potatoes, fruit, candy, and cake. It looked like a lot on her door step. We waited for her to be gone, since she lives in an upstairs apartment, and the old knock and run trick would be way too hard, and she knows all of us, so we did not want to get caught. I wish that I could have seen the look on her face when she got home!!

I was POP all day yesterday until I got to DM's last night. She had all manner of naughty stuff, and so I replaced my last 2 veggies with a slice of bread with honey, and my last fruit with 5 cherry chocolates. Now I know what you are all thinking. I should have had 12 cherry chocolates to really count those cherries as a fruit!!

Have a great POP (yeah, right) day!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #792  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh yeah, welcome back Star, we missed you!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #793  

Default You chicks ROCK.....

It's great to be back- Thanks!!!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 PM   #794  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hi all

Welcome back Star, glad to hear it wasnt so bad!

WTXCHICK- I'm 5'4, maybe even a little shorter..I THINK I am 5'4"

Shennie- our holiday starts on Friday too, they go back on the 3rd (WOO HOO!) I dread winter break- LOL!

Im not with you all on this Olive Garden thing...I was there once about 10 years ago and maybe Im missing something amazing, but its better I keep it that way. ME? ID LOVE a HUGE PIZZA and some ice cream ANYDAY!

I finished all of my wrapping last night, I always WAY overbuy, but I know the kids will be very happy. Theyre so young, theyd be happy with one toy, but, ah...y'know

My DH didnt buy a gift, discuss the gifts, wrap a gift...NADA. Hes like friggin' THe Little Red Hen (the barnyard pals wouldnt help cut the weheat, make the bread or clean up but they SURE wanted to eat it!). He doesnt buy gifts for me. He knows hes gonna get me something wrong (like the year he bought me seafoam green timberlands- WHAT?!) and that I am so bad with spending and buying stuff year round, that I make up for it myself. Thats ok, I buy stuff for myself and wrap it too! I said I wasnt gonna buy him anything, but ended up doing it anyway. I really love to give! Somehow that spirit isnt contagious...MEN (sheesh!)

Gotta start fixing lunch, Ill catch you later!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #795  

Katie~ absolutely wonderful tradition with the kids and the cake for baby Jesus, and just so you know I am stealing it for my Sunday school class your family is so loving and caring.

Deets~ I am going to ignore the Olive Garden comment and still say you rock! My Ds is going to the GP's for the second week of break so i get a break too.

I just got sort of bad news. My boss is retiring. I mean we knew it was coming one day (she has retired and came back 2 times already ) but they are starting a national search for her replacement next month. I am so scared I will end up with a prick for a boss. Plus my co-worker is kind of ditzy and I need to have another “sane” person around here to survive. Then I also have my second practicum next year and I will need my schedule to be extremely flexible and she is so great with letting me take time off for school, my son, or just rest. She is by far the best boss I have ever had and now she leaving

Going to WI, I have already had 52 oz of water and have been in the bathroom about every half hour, so this is just a WI for the Christmas challenge, I don’t expect to see anything amazing.