Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #931  

One question that I'm sure has been asked and ansered before - what constitutes a "small potato?" I am assuming 1/2 of one would be 4 ounces?

Chicken is baking in the oven and potatoes are simmering on the stove. I am mashing mine separately so that it will be POP. I just finished a bag of the Toffee Pecan popcorn which i love. I wish the JetStart and Popcorn could be considered lites - those I go for in a big way!

Julie & Sy - Ya'll both mentioned buying additional weight loss weeks. This makes me nervous. Am I going to have to do that? I purchased the 52 week plan and I was under the impression that I was basically purchasing 52 weeks period. If I didn't get the weight off in the 20 weeks, then we would keep working it and it would shorten my maintenance weeks. Am I wrong about this? I wonder if I should ask? What if you decide not to purchase more weight loss weeks? Do they just put you on stabilization then?

Mary - the nerve of some people! That actually makes me laugh that someone would have the audacity to e-mail and tell you what they would pay simply because they made a bad deal themselves. I would never sell my treadmill to that woman!

Karen - sorry about the rear-ending! (That doesn't quite sound right, but I think you know what I mean). Is the other fella paying to get your car fixed and the medical bills??

mnpeach00 - Congrats on the great weight loss!

Norissa - you asked about motivation. Honestly, I think I would have ditched LAWL along time ago and chalked it up to a bad decision if I hadn't found this site. Seeing people liking the program and succeeding keep me motivated!

Moneek - congrats on being on the last day of TO

Katie - WOW!! Your results on TO are amazing!!!

Carmen - you have to rededicate yourself because your menus are so inspiring to me!!

Laurie

So, next question... you all know what a royal pain I was over the lites. But, if the new bars are any good - should I give them a try or just leave well enough alone??? What d'ya think?

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #932  

Karen~ glad your car was ok, hope you feel better soon.

m Everett

Carmen~ missed you …no no no to the laffy taffy….I despise the song and when making CD’s for my son for Christmas (and listening to all of the words to make sure they were as clean as they said) I hate it more…the terrible part is that there is a female remix…shake that chico stick. I must be getting old because I have been going on and on about the terrible music of this generation.

Tina~ love the new avatar

Hope the kids get better everyone. Took DS to my DM today and he stays there till Friday morning and Friday afternoon he goes to his other set of GP in Fort Wayne until the 8th. I was really upset when they first moved (mainly because of the 2 hour drive to take him there) but the good thing is that when he is there he is there for good and I get to relax. Before they lived next door and it was terrible, they were always in my business.

Andi~ the bag says 1 potato is 100g so I make sure I get a 100g like one and cut it in half. Hope that helps. You can’t use stabilization and maintenance weeks for WL, if you follow plan they will let you keep going until you get to goal…like they let deets. If you want you can start stabilization when you run out of weeks, but you wouldn’t have been considered to make goal then.

I really like my internship. I am working with new parents to help them realize they are their children’s first “teachers”. I am planning a potty training class right now.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #933  

does anyone know if they still sale those thick cotton training pants for potty training. they are very thick, especially in the crotch area, but go on just like regular underwear. went to look for some for the class I am preparing and the sales girls looked at me like I was crazy after showing me pull-ups for the 10th time.

I don't know how else to describe them, they are just very thick underwear I gues.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #934  

star~ is this the same tea http://www.planetyinyang.com/product...products_id/41
Old 12-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #935  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Shennie- Yes you can still buy those undies. My kids had them.

Andi- Yes, my center said that 4 oz is right.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #936  

Shennie - yes, they still make training underwear. My sister buys them at WalMart. I knew exactly what you were talking about! Thanks for the info on the weeks. Tell me, what does that mean about not making goal?? It's not like WW where you become lifetime member is it? Why do I feel so dumb about this? And, obviously I haven't been following program up to this point, so does that leave me out in the cold?

Katie - yes! 4 oz sounded right to me too.

I am planning meals for this next week and am becoming a chicken again! Actually, I love chicken and turkey, so I don't mind this a bit. After all of the rich food that we have had around here, simple sounds divine.

How much is the JetStart? DD and I each got one free in that little pack from Thanksgiving plus my counselor had given me 2 more free after that. I have drank them all and absolutely love them! To me, it is totally worth a dairy and a fruit for one of those with breakfast. I hope they aren't too expensive because I could have one every day and be very happy!

Has anyone seen Kirstie Alley lately? She looks absolutely fabulous!

I finally updated my ticker. Totally ridiculous to have been a member of LAWL since Sept 30 and to have made absolutely no headway at all. It is completely my fault. Oh well, I am starting now and ready to get going!

I am having way too much fun with these smilies today Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 AM   #937  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Andi, You can do this!! It is a good thing that the holidays are wrapping up, for all of us. I am reading a book series that I wonder if you are familiar with. It is the Mitford series by Jan Karon. It is about a preacher..or minister (I still don't know the difference) and they are absolutley charming. Anyway, as a wife of a clergyman, I figure that you can probably relate to these wonderful books.

Have a good night all, over and out!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #938  

Morning, chicks!

I reported my WI on Monday wrong - it was at 181 even, and I was at 180.4 yesterday -- and I got my second coupon, and I bought 25 more weeks (and only spent $15.00) -- so that will keep me going thru mid June. If I don't make it by then, I'll re-evaluate.

Andi - you asked about buying more weeks. Truthfully, if I had been a good little LAWLer, I would not. However, I don't always go 3x a week, and I certainly can't claim that I follow the plan to the letter all the time. And for $15.00 - it is worth it to me to keep going and to not get into any arguements about whether they keep me on or not. I will say that each center seems to be run differently. I'd ask your new fave counselor, check your contract (I'm not sure I can find mine. . ) and figure it out. About the new lites -- when they come out, they will probably have a taste test session -- at least they did when the last batch came out --

Shennie - I'm glad you could find the answer about the underpants - truthfully, I'd be one of your students with my level of toddler expertise.

Deets and Katie - I'm with you - I was ravenous yesterday . .today seems to be going the same way!

Star - aren't you my sister? I thought you were. . - I'd love to have you - we're all paying our own way, anyway . . And it's not until 2007 - so it's still 13 months away. . plenty of time to reach goal weight, and celebrate with a new wardrobe. . .

Someone asked about ports of call -- Carmen was it you? -- It's the Southern Caribean route - San Juan, St Thomas, Dominca, Barbados and Aruba.

Katie - wow - that's fantastic on your TO success! When we were on the old program, we were advised to stay away from foods naturally higher in sodium when we went off of TO - things like salmon?

Hi Laurie and Welcome! (I think there is even a size ZERO.) It is WONDERFUL to go shopping in your closet and rediscovering your old favorites. It will happen - when we work the plan, it does work!

Peaches! You're doing terrific! Okay, what's on the menu for lunch today - it's Thursday, right?

Karen - EEK -- not a good way to finish up the year. . Hope that insurance will cover any problems. . It has *not* been a good year for you and automobiles, has it?

M Everett - welcome! Losing weight is so challenging - becuz it is not something that happens quickly (so we have to keep on doing it) , and it is something that we ultimately have to believe that we are WORTH it for happening. . . (that sentence is not right, but I can't figure out what's wrong with it! ) so that means we have to put ourselves FIRST.

Katie -I have the first Mitford book (somewhere in my stacks of TBR --to be read-) I bought it at the Deseret bookstore in SLC -- the woman in the store said it was wonderful -- actually, everyone who's read them gives them rave reviews.

Beanie - how are you?

Hugs to all the other chicks -- Bre, Sy, Fiona (MIA AGAIN???), Britt, Mary, Norissa, Deets, Shennie, . . . .

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #939  

My mom lives in Scottsdale. Thanks for all the advice for this week, I did really good yeasterday and got all my food in and portions right, and been drinking lots of water I have to go to the bathroom so much. I guess on Monday when I WI we will see how I have been.

My DD did wear size 0 and there is even a 00 size for she wore that to. She is so little. But really supporting me on this.

I used the thick pants also for my kids when they were little, Pull ups did not work just were to much like diapers.

Well going to Mexico today, that should be fun to try to stay on plan since we are eatting out all day. Oh well!! I guess I will drink a lot of bottle water and be in the bathroom all day.
LaurieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #940  

Default Morning Fav Chicks.....

One more day then it's weekend

Andi - If I were you, I would wait til your closer to using up all your weeks - you have so many left....No need to buy extra weeeks this early and I'll bet they will still have specials later on..... Just my 2 cents....
Oh and how is it possible to overuse the icons/smiles I THINK "NOT"

Carmen - I'm so glad your back, I missed your posts! Sounds like you had a great holiday and am glad we are on the same restart schedule I'm not sure about me doing TO yet, don't want to scare DH off. Gee, too bad EMIL didn't visit Got the comment on laffy-taffy.....

Mary - I LOVE the nanny shows too, they are so smart. What you explained with Eli and the big boy room sounds like you have been taking notes - you smartie pants Wonder what EMIL will find wrong with your technique Eli and gbaby Dave are close in age and he's gonna be a big brother too and is going thru the exact same stuff. He hasn't moved out of the crib yet either. The new gbaby GIRL is due March 23rd.....I stopped by their new house yesterday and he cried cuz he couldn't go home with Nana Treena........Okay I'll stop the granma gush now

I went to get my teeth cleaned yesterday and they couldn't do it. I forgot that I have a 'new' artificial joint (toe) now and was suppose to take a antibiotic before the cleaning....DARN - I love to get my teeth cleaned. Anyhow I rescheduled for Jan 10th......(Again - it sucks getting old - DON'T go there).

Julie - Thanks - you feel like the sister I always wanted...... geez, some of us have been here so long it feels right

Shennie - YES, that is the tea, only I buy the 'extra strength'........it works great 100% of the time......but for people with cc it can be addictive......

Well - I have to start some work around here...will check back later.,...
Hugs
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #941  

Laurie - have fun in the shopping!

Star - you are the blonde sister I always wanted. . .
Old 12-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #942  

Laurie - Scottsdale is awesome! Have fun in Mexico and enjoy that wonderful weather...

Julie - I'm taking that as a total compliment..........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #943  

it was meant as one ... I already have a brunette sister. . and a brunette sister in law - so you're filling a void. .
Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 AM   #944  

Soooooo....can BKS come on the cruise, too, or do I have to stay home and pout because "the big girls never let me play with them!"??

Julie - nah not MIA, just very, very busy! And not much to report. I was almost back down to my December low weight and then D ( ) H decided he really, really, really wanted nachos for dinner on Tuesday, and I caved and was up almost 2 lbs yesterday morning because of it, blah! Got mostly back on track yesterday and was back down a bit but not close to pre-nachos. Booooo!!!!! And I've got a dinner tonight and brunch on Saturday and I don't think I'm going to be able to drink anything on NYE except maybe the champagne at midnight because I can't afford the calories, lol! It certainly won't be WORTH the calories...maybe I'm just getting old and I've had my fill of over-imbibing on NYE...???

Star - there is a way important horse show in Scottsdale every year in February, usually over my birthday (hard NOT to hit my b-day, the thing lasts 10 days!). It's supposed to be one huge party from start to finish. Can't wait to check it out! (NOT going this year, but maybe next year.) You'll have to clue me in to what else there is to do in Scottsdale besides hang out with horse people.

Oh, mary I just took a good look at your ticker - my DD's birthday is 8/24! After DD was born (actually by the time I was about 7 mos PG) I swore up and down I would never, ever, ever have another late-summer baby - I was miserable for most of July and August. Uh...not to scare you or anything, lol, that's just the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear that someone is due near DD's Bday...
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #945  

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantecho
Oh, mary I just took a good look at your ticker - my DD's birthday is 8/24! After DD was born (actually by the time I was about 7 mos PG) I swore up and down I would never, ever, ever have another late-summer baby - I was miserable for most of July and August. Uh...not to scare you or anything, lol, that's just the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear that someone is due near DD's Bday...
My DD was born on August 29, 1991. I can totally relate to being miserable! I gained alot of weight with her all over! I couldn't wait to have her...
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote