3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL: Friends and Losers - December 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/69474-lawl-friends-losers-december-2005-a.html)

juliemarie 12-05-2005 01:16 PM

Wrigley-

In my experience, the manager often meets with the new people to get them started (for the first couple of weeks maybe) and then you start meeting with the other counselors. It did seem weird to me at first too-like I was abandoned, but you get over it. The manager doesn't usually meet with folks coming in to weigh in unless it's really busy or if you make an appointment. The only advice I have is to go on the same days at the same times and find one or two counselors you like and then request them when you go in. Seeing a different counselor every time drives me nuts. I hate repeating myself, you know?

good luck and hang in there!

deetsmom 12-05-2005 01:19 PM

I behaved like a gown up and went to face the truth this morning at COD...it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought...up .6 at 138. I was completely honest and have been POP since and dont plan to go off. Heck, Ive had weekends where I come in and weighed up over a pound and DIDNT cheat, so I am thrilled!

I felt really proud to go in when I REALLY didnt want to:) Anyway, my center is doing some fun December promotions...last week if you went in three times you got free vitamins...this week its pudding or smoothies in the cans..anyone try the smoothies (the pudding is YUCKY I think)?

Anyway, I am running around crazy but wanted to pop in and say HI!

deetsmom 12-05-2005 01:20 PM

gown=grown in my first sentence

Chklithunder 12-05-2005 01:28 PM

Deets - thumbs up (we need an icon for that)! :goodscale

Juliemarie - Awesome Stats. My birthday is coming too and I had hoped to be down another 5 lbs by then. Guess we'll see...

Dawn - My center is on Rockside Rd in Bedford. It's in the same plaze as Tops and Target (and also Applebee's, IHOP, and right next to Quiznos) :(.

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:37 PM

I know what everyone is saying about picking one person you like but geez the trouble i am having. i guess i am being a pain in the butt, but i feel that since i am spending so much money i should get people who know what they are talking about.

oh i can tell that the TOM is coming, i am getting crabby and it is showing. OH BOY

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:40 PM

yeah it is almost 2pm, that means only 2 full days of work and 7 hours left until vacation starts

boyerm 12-05-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetsmom
Anyway, my center is doing some fun December promotions...last week if you went in three times you got free vitamins...this week its pudding or smoothies in the cans..anyone try the smoothies (the pudding is YUCKY I think)?

I actually like the chocolate pudding (I'm a chocoholic, so that may be why) but I think it is much better if you make it with milk instead of water (counting the milk as part of your dairy serving).

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:43 PM

i just found this online, makes you feel really good doesn't it?

"L.A. Weight Loss Centers"
Information and Reviews

Balanced Review: L.A. Weight Loss Centers is a diet and weight loss program based on reduced caloric intake along with nutrition bars and supplements, behavior modification, and personal counseling. They focus aggressively on selling their nutrition bars called LA Lites, in addition to their supplements. By all accounts the bars and supplements are very expensive and are basically required purchases if guarantees of success are to take effect. Discounts are taken on the bars if long-term supplies are purchased, but that amounts to significant upfront costs as much as $1000+.

Most personal counselors are not independently trained social workers, but former clients of LA and are paid commissions on the LA Weight Loss products they sell, which presents a highly questionable conflict of interests. Based on received reviews for LA Weight Loss, there are considerable differences between individual centers and counselors. Some have adequately trained counselors and lower pressure sales environments, while others are the opposite. One thing is clear though from pro and con reviews: the program is expensive compared to its competition and often hard to know. They have settled out of court on a case alleging they falsely advertised the cost of their program.

The cost of LA Weight Loss seems totally unreasonable compared to alternatives. Most pro reviews elude to the cost as something that keeps them motivated, but there are better ways of maintaining your motivation without draining your wallet. We prefer more sensible, inexpensive programs such as eDiets that are conveniently on-line and accessible from your computer at home or office. If you sense you're being taken advantage of in the diet business, you probably are.

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:43 PM

funny, i saw the thing about the pudding this week but did not see anything last week, i should ask them about that.

shennie_97 12-05-2005 01:51 PM

Wrigley: Congrats on the 20 pounds lost!

Deets~ glad to see it wasn’t that bad.

Carmen~ great job with the OP weekend! I had the catfish on Saturday night and it was delish. It was still kind of flimsy though so I put some Pam in a pan and browned it some. My DS was begging for more and at first he was saying “yuck, more diet food” :)

Julie, Emmy~ my weeks didn’t start until after my success visit.

Katie~ wow! What a night for you. Does the tea, taste like “normal” tea.

Ok, I am usually pretty good on remembering that Tom is coming and preparing for cravings (plus with BC, it’s a lot easier to remember) But it slipped my mind this time and on Saturday I was up a little and thought I hadn’t done TO in a while, I would do it to try to shake stuff up again on Sunday. I was so busy on Sunday with church and tree trimming it was no problem to do TO, but then last night I was have the biggest sugar cravings and since I have no sweets in the house. I pigged out on Lites. (how pathetic can you be to use lites as cheats) I had 1 ½ extra ones before i knew it. Then when TOM arrived this morning I realized what had happened and also realize where the gain came from…duh. So I wasn’t up today, still maintaining about .4 higher than Friday and hopefully I will be back down come Thursday.

Wrigley 12-05-2005 01:53 PM

Shennie-not bad that you used lites as your cravings. i mean it is better than candy right>

boyerm 12-05-2005 01:55 PM

Shennie -- Lites were one of my favorite cheats, too. In fact, now that I'm on maintenance, I use them (or luna bars) as cheats MORE often, because I'm only supposed to eat one a day, but I've gotten so used to having 2 a day that I often do anyway.

juliemarie 12-05-2005 02:18 PM

Have you ever warmed up a DC lite in the microwave and then spread 1 tbl of peanut butter over the top? -oh yeah . . . . . (drool)

Wrigley 12-05-2005 02:22 PM

juliemarie- that sounds like a great idea, i had a CC one with lite cool whip on top, that was a yummy treat as well.

Star 12-05-2005 02:24 PM

I'm legally back at COD and POP

Well my first trip back to COD:devil: wasn't that bad and I didn't hit the 170 mark on the scale so I was like:carrot: (Okay I was close but NOT there:D )

My fav counselor was in a meeting and only two new counselors were available. The one I had was okay, I didn't have to explain my medical history with her becuz I told her Camile has it all charted in my file. I just needed to be weighed, given my bars, TO and will come back Wed. (Hopefully Camile will be free)

Wrigley - I agree with Juliemarie, if you make a couple 'friend' counselors it makes the trip alot more enjoyable. Once you get to know them, they seem way more interested in your progress. The one I like the best is Camile becuz she's my age, she is still on plan, she still needs to lose 20 pounds, her DH has a Harley, she has 'life happens' events, so all that makes her more human to me. Now the other one I like is Grace, she's all business, by the book and that's that. The managers are really there to get the people to sign on the dotted line and for the problem clients or atleast that's what it seems like to me:?:

Okay so the little counselor told me that if I didn't care which TO I did that she thought since I've haven't been on plan for over a month that I should do the unlimited version. She said that people can lose up to 8 pounds on that one. Now there is no way on God's earth that will happen with me but at the same time I'll give it a try (since I'm trying to be an:angel: )

I did have a chocolate coconut almond bar on the way back to work and I must say - YUM. My other choice of bars was to get chocolate fudge brownie, BUT when I got back to work I noticed she gave me two boxes of the choc coconut almond :tantrum: Oh well, I just have to get the choc fudge when I go back on Wed..........(Not wanting to cause a stink becuz of :angel: )

I have half my water down, all my fruit, 1 starch, 1 1/2 protein, two veggie and one fat...........

Katie - :rofl: Smooth Move tea - is that a LAWL tea? Don't get me started on how wonderful it is to be regular......:lol:

Later chicks....