Old 09-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #541  

Well, I did not go to the COD yesterday. Instead, I walked 2.1 miles with the kids in the stroller, let them play in the park, went to the library and then the grocery store. By that time I had drank over 34 oz of water and did not want to weigh at that time. So I went today (after eating Mexican food last night-fajita salad) and did manange to lose 1.2 lbs! I made it to over 20 lbs total now! I did not think I was going to do it but I did. The COD made my goal of this week to lose 2.6 more by Sat. so I am going to be POP and see what happens on Sat.
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #542  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie and having enjoyed reading all your posts. WOOHOO on all the weight loss you all have had.

okay having a blonde moment here...put for the life of me I haven't figured out what
COD means?

Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #543  

Hi, Beanie - COD is our shorthand for Center-of-doom -- we do this so we can laugh at our fears. . .POP is perfect on plan, NSV is Non-Scale Victory. . . (I keep on meaning to put this together in one place .. )

Crissy - you're doing terrific -- It'll be great to see the scale drop by Sat - I'm not sure I could drop over 2. . .

Hey Jenn, (you're the first person who I know that really got a job thru Monster - WTG!) if your office has a cafeteria, and it has a salad bar -you're covered. . . I find keeping stuff like apples, similar stuff around really helps. If you can bring a hot pot and coffee mug, do hot tea. If there's a microwave, you can stock up on frozen meals, or bring stuff from home. If you can stay OP at home, I'm sure you can stay OP at the office! About eating out - I stick mainly to salad and protein and find it very doable.

Deby - another DOG fan -- we should start a club, and fly out to Hawaii and meet him, hmmm? I never bought the carb enders, but have tried an over the counter starch blocker. Truthfully, I'm not sure they worked or not, but don't think they hurt.

Mary, fingers crossed for Eli. .

Have a good night, chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #544  

Hi to all the newbies!

Michelle, nice to hear from you. Where are you moving to? Others can answer because Michelle may be too busy packing. Some how I missed the post that explained the move, and reason for moving.

Athena: Wow, you look beautiful. No wonder DH has nothing but nice things to say to you, and what a suprise for him. Geesh, don't blame you for sticking to him like glue as his overseas trip sounds like a long time.

Star: Nice to see your posts. Missed you. Hey, I may be the only one but what is the show you all are talking about with Dog and Beth? I'll have to catch it so I can join in the conversation.

Mary: Good luck to Eli - he'll be in my prayers tonight!

Shennie: Good job on all the tips. Couldn't have said it better myself.

It was a beautiful fall day here today and there will be few of them left. I just couldn't workout 'inside' today. Put air in my bike tires and headed to the park. Had a nice ride and got home before dark. Man, I hate it getting dark so early. Dinner was all made as I made lots of ground turkey taco type stuff to put over lettuce. It was yummy. I make my own seasoning so I can control the sugar and salt.

Hey, someone on here has been having aches and pains. I meant to mention this earlier, but are you (sorry, it's slips my mind who you are) getting in your Morton Lite salt-substitude, for some reason the potassium in it is suppose to prevent cramping? That's what my center told me? I can't use it myself but it may help.

Well, the phone is ringing - gotta run.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #545  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Thanks textjewel...makes sense now!!!! LOL I had the POP figured out... THanks again

Oh my hubbin and I are dog fans too...I thought the funniest one was when they sent Beth in the airport in her hat and flowered pants cause she was less conspicuous!!! LOL I was ROFL.

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 09-28-2005 at 09:02 PM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #546  
Missing Ohio

Default Colon Cleanse

Hello Chickies and welcome to the newbies.

I also get the neck/shoulder pain and believe that it is because I am not exercising as much as I used to. Exercise seems to relieve my pain and helps me to sleep better. I'm giving away a bedroom set so that I can turn that room into my exercise room and pull everything out of the corners,get the clothes off and start using my stuff at home.

I loved the (2) colonics that I. The first one that I ever had was because of a sinus/flu/cold problem for three months straight. Didn't want to take not another darn pill cause they weren't helping and antibiotics not good to take on a continous basis. Had an appointment at 11a.m. and by 2p.m. I felt as if I had never had a problem. Also, did the cayenne pepper, lemon, and maple syrup hot water plus 1000 mg. vit. C every day last winter and did not have one cold. My doctors assistant does the master cleanse with the salt water drink, but I can't do that part becasue it made me throw up. Already started my regimen for this winter. You have to find what works for you and just do it.

Today at about 11:30am, I caught the end of some woman's call in to a local christain radio broadcast stating that she lost 140 lbs. in six months. I was curious and tried to call in to find out HOW she did it but the lines were busy for the next hour. I continued to called even after the Bishop was off the air to try and get my question answered, but never got through.

I'm making my cabbage soup to get back on track. Will do this for the next seven days and write in log as if I did TO and Slim Down. I usually have to do the soup or the three-day diet to trick my system into losing again. I love soup and the weather is changing enough for me to start it again.

Chickies, keep on losing.

later,

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 09-28-2005 at 09:58 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 PM   #547  

Holy wow, chickies! You've been busy!! (As have I, hence my prolonged absence!)

Jenn - DH's cousin works for Target Corporate and from what I've heard, they have a really good employee culture there (despite the formal office dress code ). I'm sure they must have a cafeteria of some kind, or a lunch room/kitchen where you can prepare your food. You can't have hundreds of employees and NOT offer them a place to eat!

Hey to all you other gals! I'm seeing LOTS of scale and non-scale victories, and that's AWESOME! I haven't been OP, but I've been vaguely keeping an eye on my food intake and trying not to overdo it, and have been hanging steady at 216 or so as a result. You guys have got me remotivated, though, and I think I may actually try and plan out my meals for the next few days or week and see how it goes. I bet I can drop three pounds by the end of the week just in water weight.

I know there were lots of things I wanted to report throughout the last week, but I can't remember any of them now! Let's see...I had dinner with a good friend from high school who I don't see nearly enough; we went to Champps and I had the half order of cheese tortellini. We talked about everything - families, jobs, weight loss. She weighs more than me but is also taller, so we're not too far apart in size, I think. We talked a lot about what motivates us to eat the way we do, etc. It was interesting to compare notes with someone in my same shoes whose weight history I know almost as well as my own.

I bought new jeans that same day - one of my TWO pairs that I had been living in got ripped at the knee, so I ran over to Lane Bryant before my dinner - I tried on a pair of 18s and loved them, grabbed another and ran out the door - when I got home I found out the second pair is not even CLOSE to fitting! Since I have a fair number of 16s waiting for me, I don't really need another pair of "eventually" pants, so I think I need to take them back and exchange them for a different size or style.

Err....That's about it for me. Been riding my horse 2-3x/week and going to the gym sporadically - a few days ago I woke up with the most amazing cramp in my right quad, no idea what caused it but it's still not completely worked out so I haven't been doing any walking (horseback riding doesn't bother it though - wierd).

Okay, nuff about me....for now, anyway.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #548  

Morning, chicks!

I'm at 189 this am -- not too surprised -- I always fluctuate between 1 and 2 pounds just before TOM. (Maybe this month, I'll stay below 190 at TOM???) That would be a scale victory. We still have 32 days until Halloween, and I have my fingers crossed for my goal of 178. Haven't seen the 170's in a LONG time.

Hey, Fiona - you're doing great towards those shoes! I see them on your feet before you expected! About the leg cramps - how are your potassium levels -- or, maybe the horseback riding is exercising the quads one way, and you should do something for the hamstrings??? or whatever the opposing muscle is?? Star? Funny about girlfriends and diet -- seems like we are *never* on a diet at the same time. ..

Sy - Dog is "Dog The Bounty Hunter" on A&E Tuesday nights - he's a bounty hunter (duh) and Beth's his wife - they have a bail bonds office in Hawaii. . Michele is moving to California - I think it's because she had to move anyway, and this was the best solution (See that you're doing great on your printer fund!)

Bre - are you talking about the cabbage soup diet -- I've never been able to stick to the diet, but love the soup. . .(it's really good with melted cheese on top) When you use the lemon/maple/cayenne drink, you're still eating, right? do you only do it once a day?

About leg aches - I have them too, sometimes just before TOM -- and I have heard too that they are because of low potassium.

Let's keep on filling up that fat fairy bus!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #549  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey chickies!!!!

Well I have nothing to report on the weight loss side TOM was a pain the you know what this month but just bout gone so things can get back to normal. I had major starch cravings. I havent been to the COD this week but i am planning on going tomorrow. I have been super busy with school and work thats why i haven't been around this week. Actually got to go to a 1st grade class for observation yesterday. Glad to see that everyone is doing good and that Mary made it through Rita GL with eli today. Everyone have a good one and ill check back in later today. I have errands to run.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #550  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Congrats losers and maintainers. Gainers -

STILL didn't make it to COD last night due to circs beyond my control. I won't have a chance to go tonight (another open house) or tomorrow night (swimming w/ DSs), so it looks like Saturday is the day for me. I have a question for you all - Is anyone else experiencing sudden, unusual fatigue?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM   #551  

Default Mroning Chicks...

I love all the good news we share, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Mary - I'm sure you will get many prayers for little sweet Eli, let us know how it goes....

Jenn - Congrats of the job and I think you have been give great OP at work advice already. Like Carmen said, for me it's easier to stay POP at work too. However, that hasn't tempted me to get a second job or anything

Deby - Welcome and always room for another 'Bounty Girl" I just saw the airport episode last night - I was so Beth looked so funny as a tourist and that hat I also caught the part where Leland flew somewhere to make a capture of a wrestler - I love Leland too, think he is so cute I wonder if they have a fan club, I went on their website and there isn't much there, or did I go to the wrong place
About the bulk lites - they are expensive but don't you just love em.....

shennie - Great advice about being POP at work....you work it girl
Mrs beanie - Welcome and blondes with blonde moments - I can relate

Sy - Julie already explained our man 'Dog and Beth' you have to watch and let us know if your joining our fan club.
About those aches and pains, I have noticed we all have them. I get cramps in my feet and calves. Since I work out so much, I think it is from a lack of potassium and fat. Even my foot doctor mentioned the postassium and that Mortin salt may not be enuf and we get very very little fat...
FI - You muscles are hurting too from riding the horse so much more now. When I ride my motorcycle I get soreness in my inner thighs the next day. It's from just being in that position for long periods of time. Today when I was doing my hair at the gym I was sore in my shoulders and biceps/tricep area. Well last night was jazzercise and we did those areas with light weights. Personally I think soreness is a good think, means our muscles are alive and kickin....
LadyIzzy - I also heard of some womean losing an amazing amount and when I called, same thing the lines were busy. That's becuz everyone wants the easy fast way to get skinny. If anyone finds it please let me know
Julie - you comment about the fat fairy bus made me think of the song "Come on ride the train, the choo-choo train" We will change choo choo with fat-fat..... (Okay I'm not that funny, but like Bre I tickle myself)

Shout to Carmen, Emmom, Britt and all others I missed.....

Bear with me this is a post I made at the Exercise Yard:

last night - (Jazzercise) one hour, enjoying it more, giving me more flexibility. Have noticed they put several pilates movements in.

This AM - Gym - 45 minutes 15 minutes

Yesterday had complete physical exam. Dr R is very through. She is very pleased with my workout schedule. She said that weight training has been underestimated (for women) for years. The combo of weight and cardio is the most effective way to achieve results. I also noticed for the first time, I'm smaller than her and for some reason (fat girl syndrome ) that made me feel

Because of my workout schedule I don't need a stress test. Will have a bone density test. Which, the last one I had came out great and she said that the best thing women can do for our bones is lift weights

Just hit me you chicks over here don't need this info, it's the girls that don't visit us here at the exercise yard. I'm gonna double post this......
Old 09-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #552  

Star (and Julie?) - Fortunately or unfortunately, I know that this muscle ache is NOT horseback riding related, or even normal post-workout sore muscles. I KNOW those pains!! This was a very sharp ache up and down the front of my thigh, with NO similar pain on the other side. (not so much a cramp feeling, I guess, as a bruised muscle feeling, as if I had gotten hit or kicked or something.) And yesterday I did ride, just walking, and didn't have any additional pain from it, so I know it's not that. In any case, I put some heat on it yesterday morning and again last night, and it's feeling almost 100% today.

We are getting our cable hooked up next week!!! I'll finally be able to check out this show you guys are raving about. Sounds super fun.

I am BACK ON PLAN as of today. You'll remember that DH and I are doing our own form of BL - well our first WI is Saturday morning. As far as I know, he has not gone near the scale in two weeks. I hopped on this morning just to see where things were at, and I was a pound and a half down from my "contest" start weight. My only hope of winning this week is that DH has NOT lost much, and that I have, as we are going by percentages and his starting weight is lower than mine, so his percentages add up quicker!

Catch ya all later!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #553  

Ok - Here is my newest sticky situation.....I bought a set of Wolfgang Puck cookware on HSN ad the cookbook. DH loves to cook so now he cooks all these wonderful things, but always makes my usual POP meal too...
He just called me, he made some kind of wonderful CHOCOLATE baked dessert So do I need to pack them up and make a trip to Goodwill or suffer and watch what I created (Goodwill is really out of the question)
Maybe he will tire of them soon.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #554  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Star - I LOVE the Wolfgang cookware, I have a set too, well minus one lid (MIL = BAD broke one of them , but I digress...) Good luck with resisting the chocolate dessert. Ask DH to hide it from you.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #555  

Carmen - I'm gonna bring all the left over evil chocolate dessert to work tomorrow for the guys.....can't have it sitting at my place....
Your MIL just is evil too.......everytime you say something negitive you should try and say someting positive. Is that even possible.....?...lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote