Old 04-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #556  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Good Morning/afternoon Chicks,
Well I maintained again yesterday, but that's ok. It's one of the downfalls of weighing yourself everyday. But I'm feeling good and it's just motivating me to eat even better today. (no sneaking a few drinks of coke or a couple bites of my DS's yummy sandwich)

Solocat-I lived in Hood River my whole life (until recently) and have never been to the blossom festival. It is a wonderful time of year to just drive around the valley and look at all of the blossoms though. Also if you head up highway 35 you can get some GREAT pictures of MT. Hood. (I lived in parkdale it's about 15 mintues up highway 35 from Hood River Great views of the mountain from up there).

Mobilegirl-welcome. This really is a great place for support. I just found it last month and it has helped keep me motivated and on track.

Sy-80 degrees! I'm jealous. It's supposed to be 70 here all week. I hope it really happens. We've had a few weeks of rainy weather. I like the rain, but can only handle so much of it.

Julie-Thanks my DH is a keeper. That is what I don't like about the compliments also. I can say thanks (uncomfortably) but if they keep talking about it I start to feel funny. I'll keep your DBIL in my prayers.

RWL, Scrapmom and Fiona-Congrats on the Weight loss! Also Fiona good job with the workouts. Everytime I read a workout post I feel sooo motivated to go workout. I just haven't done it yet though. Maybe soon.

Ok Chickies. I will talk with you all later.... And as Julie says... "skinny vibes to everyone".

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #557  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Irish-I don't think that is a bad thing at all. That is weird that your counselor wants you to add beef. Maybe he just wants you to eat a bigger variety of foods. I think I eat too much beef. I have taco salad a lot. But I'm still losing so I guess it's ok. By the way your lunch sounds yummy. Maybe just ask your counselor what the benefits are of adding more beef to your plan. I don't think he will be mad though looks like you had a nice healthy lunch today.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #558  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Well Hello Everyone and Hi to the newbies.

I am still among the living. I spent all of yesterday nursing my sick DS back to health. Just as I was walking out the door for work I got the dreaded call from the school "come and get your child please". I picked him up, made him comfy and fed him soup and juice...and watched his "little cold" turn into a full blown asthma attack. I should have known this was coming, as it is 80 degrees here today and everything is in bloom. Everyone is also doing their initial spring yardwork...including DH and me. Anyways, I am home with him again today, but today I am actually able to work from home so I don't lose any vacation time. Kewl. My boss is not too pleased but what can you do???

DS is going to be okay, as long as he can get the rest he needs. He may be out of school again tomorrow, but my DM and DD will be available to take care of him b/c neither DH or I can afford to keep missing work (love those parentals).

Anywho, I've been OP this weekend and the past 2 days. I hope to show a loss at WI tomorrow. We shall see. You all have a good afternoon.

p.s. Julie, I am glad your DBIL is doing a bit better. And I DID do my feet! They look right purty!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #559  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks,
I just got a call from Star. She's still in CA and tried to post from there but it wouldn't let her log on. But anyway she said to tell everyone hi and she'll be back posting again on Friday. She said to tell you she would be weighing in on Friday morning.
Ok Chicks, I have some more things to do so I'll talk to you later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #560  

Hi chickies,

I'm having one of those days where I'm having a hard time getting all my food in - does that ever happen to you?

Went out to lunch (AGAIN) and had the chicken ceaser, and couldn't finish it. That may be because the lettuce was drenched in dressing - I kept on trying to pick out the 'naked' ones.

Carmen - sorry about your DS! Although, I am GLAD about your toenails!

Irish - About the beef - I'm not sure, but I think it's probably 1) to prevent boredom, and 2) because if we eat the same thing everyday we may be missing nutrients. . . But do ask, because I'd like the answer too! What do you normally eat for lunch?

WTG, Scrapmom! You are doing absolutely FAB.

Fiona - soon they will have a treadmill marked with your name. I am impressed with you doing exercise on TO - it would make me lightheaded, too

Karen/RWF - that's terrific progress on WW. Has Rusty Wallace said what he would do after this year?

Mandy and Cathy - interesting info on Oregon - I'm visiting relatives this summer in Portland, so -- is that close to either of you? I have little idea of geography. . .

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #561  

Karen - I am so impressed that Star took out time from her busy (!) day to check in on us .. .
Old 04-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #562  
One meal at a time!

Julie...Yes, I was glad to hear from her too...
Now about Rusty. He owns a race team with the Busch Series but he won't be driving. He also has a son that races so alot of his time will be spent with his sons career...
Old 04-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #563  

Just got back from weigh in!!! I am down 2.8 lbs!! So I am down a total of 3.3 lbs since my start on Thursday 4/14/05. I am so excited!!! It's more motivation when you start loosing and seeing the lbs drop off I think!
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #564  

Thumbs up

Hello to all--thanks for the warm welcome!

SyracuseNY--I am 5'2". The idea in my head is 135, but 140-150 will be good.

Textjewel--I live in Bowie. Where in VA do you live?

It's a bit difficult for me to log on during working hours. So most of my posts will probably be afterhours. But as I stated previously, just reading all of your posts are extremely encouraging.

Last edited by mobilegirl; 04-19-2005 at 10:53 PM.
mobilegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #565  

hello everyone:
Well, this week is going to be a true test of willpower. As I mentioned earlier it is fiesta week down here so, everyone is out and about. And of course, my arm has been twisted into going out almost everynight starting tommorrow. I just have to hope everything goes well. Hopefully, I can control . I think I might just take a little bit of money with me, so that I can only afford to buy two beers and a food item Tommorrow is WI before I go out, so hopefully I am down I am determined not to let this festival week get in my way of all the hard work I have accomplished so far.

Irishgirl: congrats on the weight loss

karen: I thought you might be interested in this but, the wheather has been changing alot over here in San Antonio, texas. It's the kind of wheather that gives me those awful headaches. Well, today I felt one coming on, but it went away. I have been taking the TriMax Plus and I am really beginning to think they are helping with headaches. I am tempted to not take any on one of those rainy days but I hate having headaches, especially those, so I guess I will have to try it out to see, but not this week, because I have too much to do.

Everyone else good vibes

haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:39 PM   #566  

Irishgirl: by the way, I like the information on Irish coffee, and the four food groups.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:06 AM   #567  

Wow, the site is really slow today. Don't know if it's the site or the connection?

Went to WI yesterday, stayed the same after being really good all weekend. Like Mandy, I'm okay with it, but wishing to be closer to goal. Still have 6 lbs and 1 week to make my BD goal. Yikes, doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'm still trying.

Instead of going to the gym yesterday, I went on a 1 hour bike ride. Kind of boring going myself, but I did get out to enjoy that 80 degree weather we had. Looks like a cold front is on it's way from the NW and no telling when we will see those temps again. Could be months.

Julie/Text: Wow, having a hard time getting in all your foods in? Not on your life has that happened to me. I'm sure I would have been at my goal by now if I ever had that happen!

Karen: Glad you heard from Star, can't wait to see how her 'girls' trip was!

Irishgirl: Congrats on the loss! I think they want you to get a variety - the reason for the beef. But sometimes you cannot satisfy the counselors. When I eat chicken all the time, they tell to add something different. I add pork, they tell me that I'm eatting too much pork, I cut back and they say to add, it's a merry-go-round at times. I told the counselor that on Friday. Sometimes my head is spinning when I get out of there. This time they recommended that I add fish. Well, I had grilled shrimp on Friday and having haddock for dinner tonight. I'm a shellfish eatter, but I'm limited on other kinds of fish that I enjoy.

Well, gotta run and take the car in for maintenance. I'll check back later.

Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #568  
One meal at a time!

Good Morning Chicks,
I just wanted to say hi. I only work half a day today but I'll be working with the manager. I probably won't get a chance to post anymore today until I get home. I'll talk to you all then...
Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #569  

Yeah today and tommorrow are going to be hard. I only go grocery shopping once a week and that is on friday's when I get my paycheck. Well already I am out of salad..I have veggies I can eat. Does anyone know what a tuna fish sandwich on light whole wheat bread, with reduced fat mayo, and tuna in water would could as?
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:07 AM   #570  

Good morning, chickies--

Sy, I understand about not liking fish - I don't like it either - but I do like steaky kinds of fish like tuna and swordfish - Once I had bought fresh tuna, broiled it, put it in my diary, and the counselor asked if it was low sodium. I explained that it was fresh - and she'd never heard of fresh tuna before. I hope I helped the next person who had it! Sy - SEVEN pounds is so close. You can do it, girlfriend! Have you started training for the bike ride already?

Mobilegirl - I'm in Alexandria, around the other side of the beltway. .We do have lots of fun here, and I'm glad you can read during the day.

Irish - you're doing great! I'm with those dancing bears!

Haylo - nothing is better for staying POP than success! You deserve the best choice available - so don't sell yourself short.

Karen/RWF - The one thing that I've noticed is that once racing gets in your blood, it stays there forever!

Okay, what has happened to Beverly??

Hugs and skinny vibes to everyone!

Julie