Old 04-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #631  

Hey Star, glad that you're back! (It looks like you had an action packed week considering all your emoticons!) You will tell them how much exercise you do so they can put you on the right plan, right?!!!!!!

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #632  

Hey Julie -
Yes, I had a blast......
Yes, Monday we are gonna discuss my workout schedule and go from there. I'm considering doing what they suggest. I know this is hard for you to believe, but if they say I can only work out 5 hours a week - so be it.....(for awhile anyhow).
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #633  

Staaaaaaaar! We missed you!!!!

So, my castle in the sky (the house we want, that is) is crumbling down on my head as we speak...! The seller has got another offer on the table, they are just struggling over some of the finer points, and I can't get my mortgage guy to call me back, the jerk, so that we can have our offer ready to go as soon as the other one falls apart

The company on the third floor of my office building is moving out this weekend, and they brought up some extra pizza they had from their moving-day lunch party, and it's all I can do to keep from ripping into a slice or FIVE out of sheer frustration!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #634  

Hi FI - Sorry I missed out on all the details of your house buying ordeal. Hope the 'other' deal falls apart!!!! Crossing my fingers for ya!
Glad to be back FI - it was very bad being around skinny women for a week......
Old 04-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #635  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

STAR - Welcome back lady! Glad you had a good time with all the eating, drinking, talking, arguing, knocking each other upside the head, walking, working out, and smoking and coffee drinking. I mean, that's the stuff great vacations are made of!

Julie - I like the Morningstar Farms ones too...the Grillers. I use 2 patties on a light hamburger bun with mustard and and a slice of lowfat cheese. I add 20 baked french fries seasoned with Mrs. Dash and that horrible Morton's salt. I count that as a protein (CC), a starch (extra 10 fries) and a dairy (cheese). Then I wash it down with all the water I can hold. WI is tomorrow...
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #636  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

FIONA - So sorry about your house. Its really difficult when we have our hearts set on something and it doesn't work out. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get your dream house.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #637  

Hi Carmen - Thanks - and yes we acted like young crazy teenagers.....lol
As long as we keep doing all that when we get together I figure we can't be as old as we are......
Old 04-22-2005, 03:27 PM   #638  

Star: welcome back, you know, I don't know what has gotten into me but Takeoff juice with vodka, that acutally sounds pretty good. I wonder if you could loss weight doing that and at the same time get a buzz so you don't have to pay attention to anything else. Who know maybe I will be some Knudsens and vodka and count it as a fruit and a startch

Well, I have to say I love lean cuisine, we are completly out of the good groceries as my house, and I was racking my brain to try to figure out what to eat because everything that I can possibly make is bad. But then I found my savior. A spaghetti Lean cuisine, I never thought I would say this but I love frozen dinners.

Today is WI so we will see how I do, hopefully I maintained especially since I had such a big loss earlier in the week, we will see. I weighed myself at home and I was down a pound in the morning,but after ate I was the same weight I was on wednesday. I am glad to see that I am not the only one obssessed with the scale. For a while I thought I was crazy, because sometimes just to see how the scale changes during the day I will weight myself before eating, after eating, before exercising, after exercising. Sometimes I feel like that commercial were he weighs himself and then runs around and gets back on to see if he has lost any weight. I have been know to do things like that, my mother says stop being like the commerecial your weight isn't going to decrease if you get on and the get off and get on and get off. She is right, I just like to test out the variables I guess I am practicing science.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #639  

Haylo - Maybe the Takeoff w/Vodka should be our 'cocktail' of choice when we are forced to be bad.......Just kidding, I'm gonna be so POP now everyone will be hating me.....
Old 04-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #640  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Star, welcome back and can i have one of those cocktails after work?...actually i'm ready for one now.

Fiona, sorry about the house...what a bummer.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #641  

One of the most fun times in CA was when myself and the other visitor took our hotesses (sp?) Convertable Mercedes to the store for Starbucks (at her request). The other guest drove, when we got to Starbucks she was trying to figure out how to get the key out of the ignition. While doing so we both almost peed our pants becuz this is all that happend; the trunk popped open, her seat moved forward, the top started to go down. So we decided that we would leave the keys in the car, but got scared to do that. Then she decided to wait in the car and I would get the order, just when she took her hand off the key, it was a miracle and the key came out. We were like Lucy and Ethel - it was too funny.....Geez, I'll never get a car like that....too hard to work.

Hi Mitch! - Yes, maybe we should have TakeOff hour on Fridays.....Oh and the car thing happend prior to cocktails.......lol
Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #642  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Star...You are too funny... I can just see you now..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #643  

Star - you should probably be glad you missed most of my saga! It's been the most up-and-down couple of weeks.

Okay, so I had ONE piece of pizza, but that's all. I've gone from blissful optimisim to raging frustration to dull resignation about fifteen times in the last two days...right now I'm kind of in a lull...

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #644  

FI - How about taking a new direction? Want to join me in my quest to be the perfect LAWL customer? No pressure intented ofcourse.........hugs
Old 04-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #645  

Rusty - I forgot to mention the ride up to Idlewide, CA. Pam drove up to the top of that huge mountain, sun shining, top down, taking those curves at what seemed like 100 mph. I do remember telling her I wish you or DS was with her instead of me. I also ask her how many cars actually go off the curve. She drives it all the time and loves it. Thank God that car hugs the road...............Can we say scared to death?