Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #616  

Happy Friday Everyone!!! Well I went for WI last night. I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. When I went I had a pair of Jeans, a sweater, and a tshirt on. My last weight in was 188.9. I was shocked when I got on the scale and it said that I was 189.0 even! My counsler said that the last time I weighed in I didn't have the type of jeans on I did at my previous weigh in. He said it is safe to assume that I have lost another pound b/c Jeans alone can weigh up to 2 lbs, plus the sweater, and Tshirt. Has this happened to anyone else. And if I did loose 1 lb why wouldnt' they mark it on my chart? I dont' know what to think here, and feeling a little frusterated. I would feel better If I knew I actually lost a pound. Did I???
Irishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #617  

Good morning, chickies!

More typical April weather around here today - cool and rainy. Good for the plants though!

Star should be back today - hope she had a terrific trip!

Irish - I think the LAWL people can only go by what is on the scale itself. I always try to wear the same sort of clothes when I go to WI, so that the scale reflects a truer story. I do know some people who carry a set of WI clothes with them and change before stepping on the scale. Just like going at different times of day can make a difference depending on what you've eaten or drank.

Sy - I think I'd like tuna that way too - never thought of it. I found some of that Mrs Dash's marinade yesterday - I'll try it this weekend.

Haylo - I do the same thing - try to find a OP treat. Yesterday at the grocery store I got some of that Mrs Dash's marinade and a box of chai tea for my treats. It helps me stay out of the ice cream aisle if I allow myself a little treat like that every couple of weeks. I also switch out the luna's with the lites. I bought them in bulk throughout the WL weeks not maintainence - when you're supposed to still have one a day, and thought this would make them last longer.

Fast food in general is tough! I think it's because as a kid I only got McDonalds as a real treat - the smell of the fries just brings it back to me. And a milk shake. I can almost do without a burger if I just have those two things.

Hi Melissa - glad you saw DC when it looked pretty - this is the best time of year, I think!

Hugs and TGIF everyone!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #618  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Chicks,
Star...Welcome back. You have been missed around here..
Chicks, I don't have alot of time to chit chat today. The boss is back in town AGAIN. I sure wish he could run this place from LA where he lives....
But anyway, I got on the scales this morning and no loss. I stayed the same. This is the first time for that but atleast it wasn't a gain... I'm still really liking this plan and I will be sticking it out. I'll just wait and see what I weigh on Monday...
I have to work this weekend so if anyone is going to be around, I'll need some company..
Beverley....Where are you....
Ok Chicks, Got to run...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #619  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Everyone!

Irish: All kinds of things make a difference. I have seen people bring clothes to change into before WI. I try to wear the same type of clothing when I go WI. Jeans do weigh more than other types of materials so you must take that into consideration. As Julie was saying, the time of the day, BM yet, when you ate last, if you have went to the restroom lately, etc. make a difference in your WI. I usually try to wear the same or something similar when I go to WI; and when I get there, I go straight to the restroom (it can make a difference). I try to go around the same time of day, which is after work; and I try to eat my lunch on WI days around the same time.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #620  

Karen - I do the same thing - sign in, head to the restroom. I also try to watch my fluids for an hour before I go. . .Maybe that's why they ask about the BM? I always thought it was to push their stuff. . .

One of the counselors did tell me that anything I ate two hours before WI would be digested and not affect the scale. Not sure if this is true?

Hi Karen/RWF! I'm wondering about Beverly too.

Julie
Old 04-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #621  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. TGIF!!!

Although its been a somewhat short work week for me, I am exhausted! Let's see...yesterday I had to work through lunch so I did not get my chicken salad. But I went RIGHT home and made my CC meal of baked fries and a gardenburger. I ate some cauliflower and drank some V8, but I didn't get in any fruits at all. I am hoping to do a little better today.

I will go to WI tomorrow morning. Both my DSs are on punishment (again), so that means no swim class for them. That's a plus, as they've both been sick lately and tomorrow we are supposed to be getting some more snow. Can you believe it? 80 degrees out on Tuesday and snow with accumulation tomorrow. Go figure. Maybe I'll just wrap up real good and spend the morning and afternoon window shopping after I WI. Who knows.

Sorry for rambling...everyone have a great day today.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #622  

Quote:
One of the counselors did tell me that anything I ate two hours before WI would be digested and not affect the scale. Not sure if this is true?
Julie, in my personal experience, your counselor was doing a classic LAWL maneuver known as "pulling 'facts' out of thin air." As a result of my weighing-myself-five-times-a-day scale obsession, I have weighed myself immediately before and after dinner, then at bedtime and then again first thing the next morning, and usually by 4-6 hours after eating I'm back to my pre-dinner weight (IF it was OP!), but I always seem to lose MORE weight overnight. Wierd, huh?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #623  

Height: 5' 4"

I will have to agree with Fiona. I do believe it takes longer than a couple of hours to digest your food. I think the reason we are supposed to eat so often is to keep our bodies constantly digesting food during the day, which is supposed to increase metabolisim. I also weigh alot less after my shower every morning than at WI. I have a slight scale obsession myself, and I find myself on it before and after every meal if I am at home. Food and fluids do increase weight throughout the day. That is why I try to WI with similar circumstances each time. If I wear similar clothing, WI around the same time of day, eat around the same times that day, and hit the restroom before WI, I know that it is the most accurate weight measurement that I can get to compare.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #624  

Irish: Believe that counselor. I got on the scale once (by mistake) with a jacket, the short kind I wear with slacks. I took it off and weighed a pound less (and of course since they saw the difference wrote down the 'real' weight). Jeans would definately way between 1-2 lbs. I, like Julie/Text and others - wear just about the same thing each time I WI (or I won't WI). I have seen ladies go in the weigh-in room and close the door - those are the ladies who take off their clothes before scaling it. Be prepared next time and dress light.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #625  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I wore a blue jean jumper to weigh in one day. It weighed 1.5 So needless to say, when I wore that afterwards, it came off before weighing in..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #626  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Ladies-
Thanks for all of the Fast food advice. I'm so glad that I have all of you. Today I decided to have CC pizza for dinner. I usually try not to do carb cravers because I don't tend to lose when doing it and sometimes it makes me just want to eat more of the "bad" stuff. But I think this time is different. I just need to do it, so I can move on and start thinking about something else.

Haylo-your taco bell story sound oh so familiar to me. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who goes through these things. I'm not crazy after all.

Julie-I hear what you're saying about DH having me get the fast food. He actually said he would go get it, but I wanted to get out of the house and do some grocery shopping, so that is why I ended up going to get the fast food. I ate about 4 frenchfries and had a drink of his coke. That helped a little bit, but my mind was already in a place of feeling sorry for myself and like Haylo said feeling angry that I couldn't eat it. So that is why I just continued to have a bad night.

Solo-you're right it probably was a NW mood that day. Good for you not giving in to the starbucks sabotaging mode. I've been there done that. Why do we do that to ourselves?

videochick-That is such a good idea. I should take the money that I would spend on fast food and buy something that I would actually enjoy. I've been obsessed with reading fitness magazines lately (somehow I think I'll get toned up just by reading them.) so maybe I'll get myself one.

Irish- I usually wear light capris and a t-shirt to weigh in. If I wear jeans I don't even pay attention to the number on the scale. Luckily I have a pretty accurate scale at home, so I just really focus on those numbers instead. That is because I weigh myself wearing just my underwear and it's first thing in the morning after a trip to the potty which is the best time to weigh. Anyway, even with the light weight capirs and the t-shirt I still weigh a pound more than I do at home. Jeans are very heavy also with the sweater it's even more. I'm sure you are down in actual weight.

Well ladies, I'm off for now. It's DH pay day, so I have to run some errands. His check is going to be sooo small. It's the first check that reflects his part time status, (since going back to school) so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be enough to get some bills paid or put some groceries in the fridge. Luckily his student loan will be available on the 28th. We had to wait a whole month to get it (he's a first time student). I'm definitly going to buy myself some sort of clothing item when it comes. Or maybe I'll weight until I'm at goal. Anyway, I'll talk to you chickies later.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #627  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all ,

I've been having a hard time lately, i've had the mean reds, as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's would say. Just struggling, and it's showing with my eating. I haven't journaled in a week i'm sure, i got my TOM this a.m. so that contributed and today i'm kind of crampy. But i'm going to go in tonight after work to WI. I have been working a lot of hours now too and haven't been able to go in and WI, so i'm just gonna do it today. They better not say anything to me, i'm just not in the mood...
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #628  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyd26
Or maybe I'll weight until I'm at goal.

Boy you can't tell weight loss is on my mind can you. WEIGHT instead of WAIT.
Also just wanted to add that I'm at 156.4 today (157.2 yesterday). I'm so happy about that. I've sort of been maintaining for a week. It makes me so much more happier that I didn't give the other night.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #629  

Hey Michelle, I understand completely about the mean reds. Do you think that it could be partly because you have less time to yourself, and then you have a high-customer-interaction part time job now? I know I've done that in the past and then I'm a wreck in about 3 weeks.

About eating often - one thing that I've read is that we actually burn about 10% of cals by digestion - and that eating often gets your metabolism going faster since it's working all the time. . .Plus your body doesn't worry about it's next feeding, so it doesn't go into survival mode.

About scales - I'm thinking Irish that you don't have a home scale? To me, the most true weight is the one taken first in the morning, after bathroom time. . . I know I can drop 2-3 pounds between that bathroom call (depending how well I've done on water the day before). But also, the actual number fluctates from so many variables, that I've finally convinced myself that it's the change in weight, not the number that matters so much. All the scales I use (home, center, etc) are within a 2-3 pound range anyway.

Carmen, which kind of veggie burgers do you like? My fave are the morningstar farms garden vegetable. . .And what do you do for the fries?

Julie
Old 04-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #630  

Default I'm back from Cally.....

Hi Chicks,

Well I had a blast in CA with my two skinny friends We danced , ate , drank , talked , argued , walked , worked out , smoked and drank alot of .......

Just got back from the Center of Doom Haven't been there since January...needless to say I weighed more I pledged to follow plan to a T, not tweak and come in 3 times a week. I will now be the customer of LA. The counslor (new young girl) is having me do the Faststart for two days, tomorrow and Sunday and then she will measure me on Monday. We will also go over my exercise program. For now I am on the Gold Plan. I have to study the book and try to remember how to be on plan

I bought 12 weeks with bars and the Faststart Drink stuff (just have to stop and pick up the Vodka to mix with the Faststart on the way home from work) Actually I'm pretty excited to get back on plan.

Hi to all the new chicks - hope to annoy all of you equally. Hey to all you oldies but goodies
Star is offline   Reply With Quote