Old 12-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #31  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Dairy is hard for me too. I don't care for the yogurt on it's own or just to eat it out of a bowl, but since I started the smoothies (because I also have trouble with the fruit!) it makes it much easier. Just fruit, yogurt and ice. I also like the cheese sticks but they only count as 1/2 D.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #32  

Height: 5'2"

Greetings from Southern California,
I had some trouble getting out of Wisconsin because of the storm and fog, but I arrived here 3 hours late so all is well. Sunday afternoon my neice and sister-in-law picked me up from the aiport and we went sightseeing immediately.
Yesterday, my sil and I went to Tai Chi class in the am; then some shopping; then Curves; then some shopping; and finally a beach walk just before sunset.

It has been sunny and highs in the high 60's. Got to run ....

Take care everyone and be good....
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #33  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone....

Love all the new hair "dos" - everyone looks great and the new avatars!

Felicia-so sorry to hear about your student.....especialy when he was making so much progress.....hopefully he will have a teacher that cares as much as you do at this new school and I know he will be so happy to get the package you sent him with the note. Hopefully, he'll hang on to your words in the note and it will help him for a long time. Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference!

Kimberly-he's a cutie!

Amylou-how's the studying going?

I've still been having tooth problems which makes it so hard when it comes to eating. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will improve soon.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #34  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, guys, for the sweet words about my student. I don't mean to sound as if I think I'm the only teacher in the world who can help him. I'm sure his next teacher will be good for him, too. It's just that he needs to get someplace that he feels at home and STAY PUT! And it's always hard to see any student go. I tell them all the time that, at school, I'm their mom. When we're here, they are the center of my universe and I give them everything I've got. It's just hard to lose one of my kids!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #35  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Thanks for the compliments gals! I need it, it seems my motivation took a left and I took a right....

I am going to work off four big fat pieces of pizza I just ate... Ughh, no pain no gain right...
Remember tonight is BIGGEST LOSER night! Dont forget to do those commercial workouts!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #36  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so I survived day one of Take Off and must say I'm not liking it much. I was eating dinner and my stomach was growling so loud that everyone at the table could hear it. VERY emabarassing! Seriously, I was eating dinner so it wasn't because I was hungry, what's up with that!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

Well, I'm still here, and still hanging in there, trying to be as POP as I can be! It seems like I am either working or running around. Yesterday I didn't get home until almost 8:00 p.m., and my DD (reminds me) that she's got to be at dance by 8. I didn't even bother having dinner yesterday.

Stacy - have you tried Laughing Cow cheese? I've only tried the original. I've seen it at WalMart (near the deli case).

I still can't believe how great everyone that has stuck the program out looks!! I'm happy for each of you, but at the same token I am jealous and p*** off at myself (because I didn't have the willpower to stick with it). But, I'm back now, and going full speed ahead.

Hope everyone is having a great POP week!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #38  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gals...

Greetings from Santa Rosa, NM... We're doing a prescribed burn here on our 100+ property south of town.. I did pretty well today, eating lots of veggies and stayed away from the ham sandwich sack lunches they provided us..

The good news is that while we thought this would take 3 days, our fantastic fire crews took care of it in about a day, so I'll be going home tomorrow! Meanwhile I sit here watching CSI at the La Quinta.. Woo Hoo!!

Hope all is well!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #39  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone,

I am sooo busy this time of year. I work in retail so this time is exausting.

Everyone's new pics look wonderful. Felicia I am so sorry to hear about your student. I hope he gets as much as you and your other students were doing for him. I will send some prayers his way.

I finally hit my 30 pound mark last Friday. I was sooooo happy and proud of myself. Altho I didnt make good choices this weekend. I have been POP yesterday and today so hopefully I wont see too much of a gain.

To the biggest loser fans. I was SHOCKED to see Nicole's now she looks great!!!! I cant wait for the finale and see who wins.

Off to bed for me so have a good nigth and keep being POP.

Cathy.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #40  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I had my WI today and I was down 1.8! I will check in tomorrow when I have more time.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #41  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends! I'm in the thick of finals-so this is the first time I've been on here in over a week. Is Nicole MIA again??

I love all the new pics/haircuts!
Felicia-WOW! You look so great-what a transformation! Beautiful!
Emily-love the sassy new look!! How have you been?

Kimberly-hang in there- I saw the 4 slices of pizza comment. I have not been POP for over 2 weeks. I have been so stressed and sleep deprived that it's been hard to get all of my food in. I've lost about 2lbs since the intense studying began-but I don't know if it's "real" yet- so I'm going to wait it out. I've probably lost some muscle bc I'm sitting at a desk for 10 hrs and barely get up to go potty...
BUT I'm done as of Saturday...can't wait to celebrate and finally get ino the Holiday spirit!

Best wishes to you all! Can't wait til I can get on here every morning like I used to!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #42  
sscott

Happy Wednesday. I have a work party tomorrow and I need to bring a dessert. I was wanting to make something that I could enjoy and not feel guilty about later. Any suggestions of things you guys have tried? I tried the brownies in the LAWL cookbook last weekend and they were gross (a little ice cream and hot fudge would have fixed them, but then what's the poin of low-fat )

We got 8 inches of snow yesterday. I think we have about 15" total so far this year. It seems to be setting up to a rough winter. We can't dig out fast enough. Oh well, I love a white Christmas!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #43  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning Everyone!

Congrats Cathy and Cecil on the weight loss!

Dan - Have a safe trip home!

Hi - Sherry, Stacy, Felicia, and everyone else! Where is everybody? I guess it's that crazy busy time of year, hard to make time to get on the computer

Amylou - good luck with finals...almost done for the semester! The break will be nice!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #44  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Morning all! Congrats to all the losers. I didn't get to see BL last night but recorded it so I will watch tonight and see what happened. I love seeing how fantastic they look after losing the weight.

Trying to keep the spirits up. I'm losing my Whataburger gain just in time for another weekend. I have my weekend planned out nicely though so I'm good to go. Think I am going to bite the bullet and drop my gym membership. The trainer I was seeing who was supposed to show me around the equipment basically told me to do the treadmill and swim. I have a treadmill in my garage and 2 neighborhood (heated) pools so why am I paying 100 a month?

Well enough rambling! Everyone have a fantastic, POP, weight losing day.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #45  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! My work email is back up so I've been trying to catch up there most of this morning. I'm recommending one day a week with no email here....I got so much done.

My winter cold started setting in on Sunday with a scratchy throat and by yesterday PM I felt crappy! A few meds and lots of fluids and I'm maintaining. At least it should be over by Christmas and hopefully DD won't get it. She told me this morning not to kiss her, I had germs...... Oh well, she did get a peck on the head

Of course my cold has changed my taste buds considerably so nothing I've eaten has been satisfying, including the pizza last night since I didn't feel like cooking. Once again I strayed from the plan. Hey, is anyone else having trouble getting their water in? It was not a problem during warm weather but now, I'm really struggling. All I want is coffee or tea.

I've got to run out at lunch and pick up a gender neutral gift for an exchange here at work. Any suggestions in the $15 range? I'm great at picking stuff out for someone personally but this is for a "white elephant" exchange, only not gag gifts.

Amylou - good luck with the finals.

Carrie - great new picture. Hope your dental problems are solved soon...nothing worse that a painful tooth

Cathy - congrats on the 30lb mark

KimberlyR - I totally understand your motivation comment....we've got to get it back somehow

Lynn - I'm jealous of the weather you are enjoying! Bet I could get my water in if I were there!

Sherry - glad you are giving it another try. It is a hard time of year to stay focused but we can all help each other with that.

Gotta run now! A big hello to anyone I've missed. Good luck with staying on plan today
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote