Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia, You crack me up! I think sometimes we are all full of crap about how good we are...but I'm sure we are all being much better than we used to be! Do your kids bring in lots of treats for teacher for the holidays. A teacher friend of mine (granted the woman needs to gain weight and we all see her and want to feed her a bit) says she gets a ton of sweets from her students as Christmas presents. I was sad to hear that the little boy from your class went back to the bad situation with his mom. Perhaps losing him briefly will be the wakeup call she needs to get her life back in order and she will be a better mother for him now.

Anyway, my DD is coming home tonight to do her laundry, and I'm excited to see her. Even if I will get my ear talked off about her finals and how stressed out she is. I will offer tea and sympathy... I hope all you students are not stressing out too much and taking care of yourselves. You won't get better grades by making yourself sick. OK, when did I become such a Mom? Sneaks up on you when you are not looking...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #77  
Amy

Yes, finals are the worst. I have two down, three to go! I work myself up SO bad for any kind of exam. I can't help it! It's such a relief when it's over though!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #78  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Ohhh Barbara! That sounds so great! I wonder if I take my laundry to my mom if she would do the same? (Probably not considering half of my laundry if from DH and a dirty little 2 year old!)

I am trying not to worry too much over finals. I finished one class today and have three papers to submit in another by Monday, then comes my 2 BIG finals next week, an exam Monday and a Lab practical Wednesday in Anatomy and Physiology! YIKES!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #79  
Amy

Good luck Kim!

I have two weeks of classes left, I'm done the 19th, not a minute too soon!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Just a quick check in before work, wanted to say hi. I'm still doing pretty good staying POP.

Jules

to all those who have finals!! I certainly do not miss that part (although I am contemplating returning to school for my RN.) and I know how the stress feels!

Here's to a great POP day!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #81  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Barbara - yes, lots of the kids bring sweets. In fact, just yesterday, a little boy brought me a FOUR-POUND box of chocolate-covered pretzels!!! I SO love those things! I hugged him and thanked him and then said, "Do you like these?" His little eyes sparkled as he nodded. I said, "I have a great idea! Why don't we share these with the rest of the class during snack time?" He was SO excited - especially since I let him pass them out. There were only a few left, so I'm rationing those out to DS (one a day)!!

I just hope nobody brings me chocolate-covered cherries - a BIG weakness of mine. I'll just have to tell myself that they look like great big rabbit poop!! Not sure I'll buy that, but it's worth a shot
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday someone was walking around with a tray of cookies and was I tempted?
You bet! I managed to skip them but really that was torture. I never really talk about dieting but many people at work know I have been loosing weight so they do tend to skip me.
4 holiday related work parties this month! 2 are thank you parties for the volunteers so skipping is not an option. Last year my down fall was the spinach artichoke dip. Have I told you all about my problem with bread? One slice of sourdough and I am gone. A race to the finish. I'll wake in the morning bloated with green bits on my face. Wondering what happened.
This year I will be strong!?!?
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #83  
sscott

It sounds like you all are struggling with the same thing as me right now. This month is so hard with all the baked goods. I feel like I struggle every minute of every day! I do have some good new, however. I am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for over a year and a half! Yeah! They are a little snug, but I'm wearing them! I had been avoiding trying them on because I didn't want the disappointment, but to my surprise they buttoned and zipped with ease! What motivation this is in itself!!! My homeroom gets to go eat breakfast right now...I can avoid the caramel rolls!!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

yea!! Deb and Amy!!! good to see you around again!

welcome Julz

We got home Tuesday night at 10 pm after driving 17 hours straight, I was mostly a vegitable yesterday. I am up 2.5. the trip was hard. I was at the mercy of everything around me for meals, I didn't get to pick where, when or what I ate. so I just didn't stress, and decided to just worry about it when I got home.

Went to Sams last night and got tons of fruits and veggies. and am ready to go again.

brr it is cold! need to have my DH make a fire I think. before I left, my church had a rummage sale to raise money for our youth groups trip .... and I bought a creme brulee kit... with the little ramakins and the little torch for making the sugar burn on top. Now I want to make creme brulee...... AND EAT IT!

Looks like I need to get a job. we are still trying to dig ourselves out of the year of no job. I am not really looking forward to it but our budget demands it. So I am applying for two different things, one,,, something through the school system. like a teachers aid or something,it would be nice to be off when the kids are off, but even though I have 5 kids....... I don't really like kids..... at least ones that are not mine. so I dont think that will be a very good fit. the other is in the legal department of the world head quarters of the worlds largest retailer......... I live in bentonville, AR..... need I say more..... which I dont' really like either, I really don't want to be one of thier drones.... but.... I would get paid ok wage, and they have perks like, store discount, and they have a huge!!! gym that costs like $12 a month for a family to join. things like that. I would make more money than the school thing, but would not get the days off that my kids have no school....... grrr. I am just going to submit both apps and then wait and see. both are positions that I would be applying through a friend so they are helping me get the jobs. we'll see

ok. I have GOT to clena my house!!!!!! we want to decorate the tree tonight.

later.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #85  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good luck Lettie - who knows, you may love either job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Well let the games begin. I teach a literacy class for ESL students and our last class before the Holiday break is tonight. We're having a potluck! I made a double batch of queso because it was easy and I haven't felt well this week. Not a very LAWL friendly item. I had a taste last night but didn't grab a bowl and ladle so I'm doing good. We'll see what happens tonight. Most of the girls bring Mexican dishes which aren't known for their figure friendly ingredients. I am going to eat a salad before I go so I won't go nuts.

Barbara - As for the gym, I called the guy and left a message. He eventually called back and said he'd never received the faxed workout log. I scanned and emailed it to him, he responded with "let's set up a time", I responded and I haven't heard back. I just called back and talked to member services and they've said they will give me some guest passes so I can get my son's trainer friend to come in with me and show me the ropes. Maybe something good is going to happen now! Cross your fingers.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #86  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i've got the day off today. and now normally i would be happy to have the day off, but i don't like it anymore because i'm by myself. going to work everyday gives me some type of interaction. i need to go get a few groceries and i desparately need to find some new work clothes. we wear black or white polos and khakis and i bought mine last january (before i started LAWL again) and let's just say they hang off me pretty badly. and i'm gonna need to find a winter coat before i move back.

i don't normally ask this, but will someone keep me in their prayers? i'm really honestly struggling right now. i'm trying so hard to get everything taken care of for our move and with DH being away and me not being used to living alone and doing things by myself, i'm not doing so well. it's hard. and i hate it. and with all the things that have gone on in my life this past month, it's been pretty terrible. i know that things are going to start looking up, but i just need any extra good thoughts i can get. thanks.

anyways, enough of my sad personal life..

i'm off to shower and run a few errands. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #87  
LAWL Salt Police

Shannon.. I probably don't need to say this, but I will anyway (it's my nature..)

Make sure, when you talk with the PT, you stress that you want to work on range of motion and creating lean muscle rather than becoming buff (assuming that's what you want)...

When I signed up for some PT lessons, I stressed to the sales guy that I wasn't interested in body building, but toning, so he put with with an athlete rather than a body builder... And what a difference it made..

If all you do is go in an work the static machines, you only work on one or two muscle groups.. My guy taught me the vital importance of lifting using your entire body.. most of my lifts involve legs AND arms, rather than one or the other.. I can't tell you how much that improved my calorie burning and overall ability to move around...

One of the things I didn't think about was that over the years, my body had gotten used to being fat and had made adjustments to keep all the weight upright.. So even when I lost all the weight, my body still functioned like it had to over compensate for the extra baggage... My PT spent an entire session testing my range of motions and movents so he could show me what was wrong and how to correct it... Simple things like walking with my toes pointed forward rather than out... Walking with my head up and shoulders back.. The simple things we've forgotten over the years...

Anyway.. Have a great day all... Watch out for those little things.....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #88  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Dan - great information. I'm going to print this and take it with me. Shawn is young and a body builder so he'll have to rethink what he does for me. Thanks a bunch!

Jillian - hang in there. You can and will get everything done that you need done. It is challenging to do everything by yourself but very doable. Feel good, feel positive and most importantly feel proud of yourself when you accomplish these tasks. We're all with you in spirit and cheering you on. I don't know what the circumstances are with your dh being away as I have been away from the boards for a while but whatever the case I will keep you in my thoughts. Give yourself a hug for me.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #89  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Jillian, You are definately in my prayers!

Felicia, I am so LMBO at the rabbit poop comment! LOL
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #90  

Good morning all! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I have POP day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today. I went to the gym after work last night and did my weight lifting and tonight after work I will be getting my cardio in. One of my major goals is to start getting out of bed in the morning before work to get my workouts in, so I don't take time away from my family after work by having to workout!! This weekend is going to test my strength for sure. Saturday we are doing our annual Christmas Cookie bake-all day long. My goal is to pack everything for myself on friday night so that I have no reason to stray....though the PB cookies are such a hard thing for me to turn down-I will try my best to stay strong. WE are starting at 9am-so my plan is to hit the gym by 7am-then off to the center for my WI at 8-then home to shower and off to bake.
Julzanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote