Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #106  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Nicole you are one cute fraulein!!! das schmect!!

Hope you are all doing well. Summer is officially over in the north.. brrr!
Girls are both home sick today and the little one has a fever of 104.. ouch.. so we are going to bundle them out and take them to the movie store as they don't seem to want to move too far or too fast.. so as much as I hate the one eyed babysitter sometimes it calls for drastic measures!
Making an old LAWL shrimp stirfry tonight.. trying desperately to get back on track as I know those numbers have gone up.. dang sclae.. I am actually looking forward to us having NO social life.. it makes life so much easier when you can just be at home!

Enjoy your week everyone and stay warm and stay healthy!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #107  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Kristen- I have never seen your before and after pics til today, talking about inspirations! Holy cow! You have had a major transformation! To see that I am now close to your heaviest and to see you now! WOW that inspires me so much! You have done great!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Right now I'm a little discouraged! I finally got brave and got on the scale, and after two weeks of being so POP I almost scared myself, I'm up a couple of pounds. WTF! How does that happen? I could almost deal with not losing, but staving and gaining. I was so hopeful since my clothes have been feeling a little looser lately. Oh well... so instead of rewarding myself for being good by eating with the rest of the office, I have an LA Slimdown in the freezer and am downing water like crazy, since the only thing I can blame the gain on is water retention, as I was a little low on water yesterday, but still think I got in 8 glasses, but about 4 of those were in the morning while I was in spinning class and sweating like crazy, so I should probably not even count those... So anyway, that LA Slimdown is not some miracle stuff to make you lose weight. I always think the trying something new it is going to miraculously make the scale go down... so after 6 weeks of cutting back down to weight loss portions, now I'm up 3 pounds... gee at this rate I'll have gained it all back in no time. What a reward for working out like crazy and not eating!

Oh well... Eventually my stupid body has to let the scale go down. I'm contemplating another TO... since it has been a couple of weeks since I did one now. Although the last one I did, I didn't lose anything.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #109  
Kristen-LAWL

Kimberly..thank you very much! It was a year ago I started and it still hasn't sunk in.. we've had a crazy few weeks so I know a few pounds have slipped back on so I look forward to getting back to my more strict schedule.. I really enjoy being OP and feel so much better all the time for it. It can be hard at the beginning when you have weeks that only net you a 1lb loss, a few ounces or worse you stay the same or gain.. but it does all add up eventuallyand you will have a great Before and After album in no time too!
Barbara.. I believe the term WTF was created by a woman who stepped on a scale. I remember being 100% on plan last year at Thanksgiving and over 4 days I gained 2 lbs!! Sometimes our body is just a mean unforgiving test of will be stay in there it will catch up to you. I HATED measuring every bite that went in my mouth, exercising etc only to find the needle moving the wrong way. Everyone here has been through it so stay positive and focussed and you will get a reward soon!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #110  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I'll be in Reston, VA. All I know is I fly into Dulles (DC airport) and the office is just 6 miles from there. I could get off my butt and go look at an atlas, but I'm going to go post a baked bean recipe on another thread. My priorities are all messed up!

Kristen - hope the girls do better. I don't understand the one eyed babysitter thing.

Barb - NEVER NEVER NEVER give up!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #111  
Kristen-LAWL

Joni.. lol on the baked beans vs atlas.. the one eyed babysitter is otherwise known as the boob tube or TV

Happy travels.. don't be gone long please... we just got Nicole back and now you are hitting the airways??
Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #112  

Thanks Joni and Kristen, I needed that. The laugh from Kristen and the encouragement from Joni. I can't give up, I got rid of all my fat clothes!
I'd hate to be fat and naked!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #113  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Joni - I know where Reston is...we stayed in a hotel there the night before we flew out to Orlando back in May. I'm more south than that. But I do have a layover in Dulles on Monday. I leave Harrisburg PA at 10:30am, layover in Dulles at 11:30, then get to Norfolk at 1:20pm. If you see me at the airport, wave
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #114  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Hey! I just looked up Reston, VA and Crystal City, VA...you girls will only be 22 miles apart!!! I wish I could stay in DC for a while and we could all meet up!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #115  
Kristen-LAWL

Barbara..that is going to be my new mantra!! I can't get fat again.. I have no clothes!!

Tina
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #116  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Nicole...great pictures...thanks for sharing. You look way too young to have 5 kiddos....You and your DH make a cute couple!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #117  

Kristen, We just can't go around fat and naked, it is a really bad look. You look so great in your pictures, you are always an inspiration to me. Somehow you look better now than when you first hit goal. Really I only pouted a very small amount when I had to go into the lunch room with the free Thai food to get my LA Slimdown out of the fridge... Smelled good though.

Tina, I think I would have to squint to see your skinny self in an air port. I hated to travel on business when my daughter was small though. My husband did all his cooking at McDonald's so my daughter was happy to see me go. More attention from Daddy I guess.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 10-11-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #118  
Kristen-LAWL

Newsflash from Toronto Canada:

Blonde woman seen running naked in the streets stops traffic!

A member of LAWL or whatever they call it now was recently stopped by police as she ran through the town naked. When asked to explain her outrageous behaviour she informed police she had been a bad girl, had strayed from being POP and allowed herself to slink away from goal weight. In her hand was a dang sclae which she was seen repeatedly smashing and throwing under vehicles.
A fund has been set up to assist her with some temporary garments to cloth herself in while she gets her head back on straight and back on plan. If you wish to donate please assist by removing all liquid starch and liquid fruits from her home and immediate residential area. Babysitters are also required to stay home with her on social occasions so she can abstain from the 'wee' indulgences and stay on plan.
We will update this ongoing story in November when the gal will be back 100% POP and will be a shrinking violet...wearing clothes again. There has been a warning issued for her accomplice Barb who may be travelling naked from Oregon to join her on the naked crawl.

Stay tuned....
Old 10-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #119  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kristen - post a picture. This I gotta see!! LOL.

Unfortunately, I don't even have a car rental on this business trip. It's all work and shuttle buses for me. I actually don't mind the travel. Someone cooking my every meal and making my comfy bed each morning. But, I will miss my pups and I know they will miss me!

Gotta run. Tennis and Grey's Anatomy on the agenda for tonight.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Lettie-how is your NS progress coming?
Great, thanks! I have been doing it for two weeks now, with a couple days off for the wedding in the middle. I lost 5 before the wedding... my first week. and then managed to find 2 at the wedding, mostly water gain. we were staying in cabins at a park and the water was horrible, and I ran out of bottled water, so I ran low there, plus, I had wedding cake.......hmmmm and birthday cake.... well actually I only had like one or two bites of the birthday cake because it wasn't very good, but I did share a Coke..... with eh...hum... stuff in it.. with my brother in law. I only have like maybe one drink every 12 to 18 months, seriously. and he was sitting next to me and he is such a flirt! he kept giving me his drink ....... anyway...... enough of that. I even have picture. someone was snapping pictures of us and there are several of us laughing and me pointing at the drink and then one of me sipping it....... anyway..... we got home sunday night, hit the water monday, tuesday, and wednesday and by this morning the 2 lbs was gone plus .2 so . back on track. my sister has lost 8 lbs in two weeks, she is doing it with me, and my friend that is doing it too, has lost 5 in two weeks. so we are all pretty happy. plus it is very strange not obsessing about what I am going to eat and does it have enough of this or that or not have this or that.......

well I am off to help my sweet little tiny girl...... she is almost 15 buy a dress for Homecoming dance! Wish me luck, it will be a miracle if we find something she likes, I approve of, and it doesn't cost too much!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote