3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Feel Full Menu Plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116726-new-feel-full-menu-plan.html)

wahm56 07-17-2007 09:32 AM

Hi, Katie,

Good point about the cooked portions.

I am on Red 1 with lites so it will probably be similar to what you are doing.

I now, don't get all my starches in...most of the time or veggies. I hate veggies. Probably why I am overweight.

I have really be struggling this past month and wasted my weeks I paid for. Basically lost 4 pounds and gained it back plus some.

It isn't that the plan isn't easy to follow, just that I am a binge eater. I can do well for a bit, then eat everything in site. I still haven't been able to tame that lion in me...even after watching Big Medicine and the other show about the morbid obesity clinic.

Have any of you watched those programs? After watching those one would think that would make me change...hasn't.

Trying to get back on plan and stick with it.

Diane

smjezzy 07-17-2007 10:07 AM

Hang in there Diane!

dawn78 07-17-2007 10:14 AM

You ladies that have the new plan, can you tell me if the new plan still has the Carb Cravers section? I asked my COD several times about the new plans and some of the counselors have never heard of any changes and some of the others have heard about changes coming, but don’t know when or any of the details. The one counselor that knew the most about the new plan said the CC section will be gone.

smjezzy 07-17-2007 10:19 AM

Mine does not have carb cravers anymore. It has "Quick combos" which are basically the same I think except now they count as portions instead of 1 CC, so for example the bagel with tomato and cream cheese is now 2S 1C instead of 1CC

dawn78 07-17-2007 10:21 AM

Shannon - thank you!

smjezzy 07-17-2007 10:27 AM

In reference to the "you HAVE to do TO every 2 weeks", the book states "TakeOFF2 Menu Plan CAN be used once you reach your third week of weight loss and CAN be used every 14 days during the Weight Loss and Maintenance Phase of your program". It does not say you have to. That's my book though, check yours under the takeoff section and verify.

Dawn - you're very welcome

mamato2girls 07-17-2007 11:00 AM

I went to my COD yesterday, and they had signs up talking all about the NEW LAWL. I heard some of the counselors talking about how the plan has more fiber, etc. etc. Now that I'm on Maintenance, I guess I'll never get to see the new plan. :-(

Katy66 07-17-2007 11:05 AM

Nicole, Sorry I've been pretty much off line a couple of days. Yes, my plan also has 2 lites with it. I'm eating all day just to get it all in:)

angelbretsmom 07-17-2007 03:08 PM

so can you tell me what all is in the new plan, I too am on purple with no lites..

Thanks
Stacie

Repo girl 07-17-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahm56 (Post 1778381)
Hi, Katie,

Good point about the cooked portions.

I am on Red 1 with lites so it will probably be similar to what you are doing.

I now, don't get all my starches in...most of the time or veggies. I hate veggies. Probably why I am overweight.

I have really be struggling this past month and wasted my weeks I paid for. Basically lost 4 pounds and gained it back plus some.

It isn't that the plan isn't easy to follow, just that I am a binge eater. I can do well for a bit, then eat everything in site. I still haven't been able to tame that lion in me...even after watching Big Medicine and the other show about the morbid obesity clinic.

Have any of you watched those programs? After watching those one would think that would make me change...hasn't.

Trying to get back on plan and stick with it.

Diane

Hey Diane!

I would say that the mental side of losing weight is at least half the battle. This stuff is probably old hat, but let me suggest a few ways to counteract binging eating. First off, find some other ways to keep you busy until the urge passes. Personally, I like to play bejeweled on my cell phone or on the computer. Some other thoughts are take a hot cup of tea with you to take a long, hot bath. By the time you have relaxed in the tub and enjoyed your tea, you will not feel so "Bingy". Also, you will have a little time to work out whatever it was that triggered the binge. Triggers are the other thing that must be looked at. When do you binge? Why? Take any binge or fall off of the wagon as a learning experience. Crappy day at work? Fight with DH? Bored? Lonely? Happy? If you know that a certain event will cause you to fall, then you can be prepared with a plan. If I have a crappy day at work, and I want to go home and binge, then I will.........only you can fill in the blanks with this one. Perhaps call a friend, take a walk, go for a drive, or get online and chat with us! When you fall, get back up as fast as you can and keep going. Not tomorrow, right now, the next meal you eat, make it an OP one. You are worth it Diane! It is worth feeling good, being proud of yourself, and changing your life for the better!

jdbc 07-17-2007 05:09 PM

Okay, I'm really confused. I saw my counselor on Saturday. I found out it is a corporate center, but he claims to have no idea what I'm talking about. He's usually very honest with me, too. So I don't know what's going on. Are they just keeping it a secret (why?), or are they really in the dark?

bizlawchik 07-17-2007 05:25 PM

The plan is being rolled out in different areas of the country at different times. It's not a corporate vs. franchise thing.

cerwin4au 07-17-2007 05:28 PM

My Center is rolling the plan out this week. I have an appointment to actually sit down with the counselor and go through the new plan this Thursday. Prior to this week they haven't been allowed to say anything about it. They looked a bit surprised a couple of weeks ago when I asked about it. I guess that is just what they have to do before the new product launch. No biggee..

I'm currently on the Gold plan with lites, so I'll report back what my new menu looks like.

sparklegirl 07-17-2007 06:00 PM

I just got my new plan today. I was on red w/ lites and they switched me to plan 2. I am bummed I lost a fruit. I would rather have that than another dairy! I am excited about being able to count my bread as 1 starch though!
Level 2 is : 2 1/2 P, 3 V, 2 F, 3 S, 2 D, 2 Fat, 2 lites.

I was on red because of my exercise. I am anxious to see how this goes and I'm excited to be only 5.6 lbs from my goal!:D

6digmans 07-17-2007 07:25 PM

anoyone gaining with the new plan yet??

Well I am highly annoyed though I gained 1.6 lbs back since Saturday!

She told me that it has been happening to everyone that has started it and that your body has to adjust to this change now! that is just flipping great NOT!

She said i could do a take off if I wanted but that up to me totally. I said well I will see what happens by the end of this week. She said it can be done every 14 days but its our own personal choice, so I was gald she was not shoving it down my throat!

She said she has seen anywhere from 2-5 lbs gained and then once your body readjusts your back on track again. hmmmm I don't know I could deal with a 5 lb gain well at all. I think I may head off in the gutter if i saw that and panic.

Anyone else do a weigh in after a few days with this happen to them???