3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Feel Full Menu Plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116726-new-feel-full-menu-plan.html)

merem 08-24-2007 10:33 PM

I'm bumping this great information up.

LHB1977 08-29-2007 03:49 PM

So I've been back on LAWL for over a week now and I haven't seen a durn bit of difference! As a matter of fact, I have GAINED 1 1/2 pounds!! I just don't know what I am doing wrong! This is so discouraging. The first time I did it I lost 7 1/2 pounds in the FIRST week. It really just seems like I will never get this weight off! I'm following this new "Feel Full" plan. Anyone else out there following this plan and having the same problem? Any thoughts, advide, encoragement or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bradleys mom 08-29-2007 03:59 PM

PLEASE! DON'T get discouraged!! I gained about the same amount in my first week, lost it then gained it again in my 2nd week, and here I am 5 weeks later, and I am down 13 pounds! You have to realize you have just totally stopped a moving train and made it do a U turn! So just give it time, Even though you arent losing weight, think about how great the inside of your body is doing with all that healthy food! I have to think of this as a life change, not a weight change!

LHB1977 08-29-2007 04:17 PM

"You have to realize you have just totally stopped a moving train and made it do a U turn!"
What a great way to put things into perspective, Kimberly! That's an excellent point. Thank you so much!
So at what point do you think I should start worrying that this "Feel Full" plan isn't working?

bradleys mom 08-29-2007 04:23 PM

Have you done takeoff? Thats always my kick in the kaboose, (ha ha I made a joke...) Other than that I would listen to your counselors, and of course there are a lot of very LAWL intelligent guys and gals on this board!

maiat 08-30-2007 12:15 AM

I used to be on the blue plan and now I don't have a color, but I think Videochick is right that the closer you get to your goal, the less you get, so I don't think everyone is on the same plan. I changed to the new plan, but I can only have 2 1/2 p, 3 v, 2 fru, 3 s, 2 d, 2 fat, 2 lites.

But I want to know more about oranges and grapefruit for FF. What is FF? I'm relatively new to this site, so I don't know all of the abbreviations yet. Fill me in!! Is there a legend for all of these abbreviations or do I just figure it out as I go? I think I might have a couple already. Don't laugh (well... you can if you want) is DH dear husband? What about COD - is that Counselor on Duty? Any others frequently used that I would need to know?
Maia

Pastrey 08-30-2007 08:15 AM

Maia, the abbreviations take a bit to get used to. FF is fast forward. Fast forward is a two day program where you eat no starch for those two days, and only fruit you eat is either oranges, grapefruit, or canaloupe. You also only eat green vegetables and light protein.

You have DH right. COD is Center of Doom...your local LAWL centre :)

maiat 08-30-2007 11:34 AM

Thanks Patsy. I would have never guessed that last one! Also thanks for the info on FF. I'll do a search within this forum to find out specifics. It sounds like something I might want to try!!

Pastrey 08-30-2007 12:52 PM

Maia, if you look at Woman's World Acceleration Thread, you will find more info about take off (basically same as fast forward). Someone correct me if I am wrong - but fast forward is if you do not do LA lites or bars, so you get unlimited protein and green vegetables for the two days, and eat 1 cantaloupe over 2 days (don't know how many grapefruit or oranges as I haven't done it that way...)

Basically up to once every two weeks (some here are trying it once every week), you eat the fast forward or take off menu, the other days you follow regular LAWL diet.

LHB1977 08-30-2007 04:11 PM

Here is the Fast Forward plan (or for "Old School" people like me, it used to be called Jet Start and was done for 3 days instead of only 2!)

FAST FORWARD PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS (UNLIMITED)

The purpose of the Fast Forward weight loss program is to assist your body in reaching the optimum chemical balance so that, when the next phase of your program begins, you will lose weight in the fastest, safest, and most enjoyable way possible.

Changing food composition can promote quick weight loss, decrease bloating, improve energy, and minimize hunger.

Use this menu for two days during the Fast Forward weight loss phase. Select your foods from the list below.

YOUR DAILY MENU:

Unlimited proteins

Unlimited raw, green vegetables

16oz Fast Forward drink mixed with 16 oz water; sip throughout the day (Refrigerate drink bottle after opening)

¼- ½ tsp Morton Lite Salt

Water – eight 8oz glasses (Perrier, seltzer water, or mineral water may be substituted)

NO OTHER FOODS SHOULD BE USED DURING THIS PHASE – avoid eating bread, pasta, milk, starchy vegetables such as potatoes, peas and corn, and condiments (relish and ketchup). Additional foods will be introduced in the next phase of your program.

Feel free to use butter, margarine, or oil (any type) in preparing your foods. Use oil and vinegar, LA Salad Dressings, or light salad dressings on your salads.

FOOD SELECTIONS:

Protein Choices – Unlimited

Can be consumed with skin, but no breading

Beef

Arm roast, chuck roast, club steak, filet mignon, flank steak, ground meat, round steak, rump roast, sirloin steak, T-bone steak

Chicken and Turkey
Breast, drumsticks, ground, thighs, wings

Eggs

If you choose to have eggs, please limit to 2 per day

Egg Substitute

Plain varieties, such as plain Egg Beaters
Lamb

Chop, crown roast, cubed, flank, loin

Liver

Beef, calf, chicken

Pork

Tenderloin

Seafood

Fish: bluefish, calamari, cod, crayfish, flounder, grouper, haddock, halibut, king mackerel, lake perch, mahi mahi, orange roughy, pike, Pollock, red snapper, salmon, scrod, sea bass, sole striped bass, swordfish, tilapia, trout, tuna (fresh or canned, packed in water only), walleye, whitefish, yellow tail
Shellfish: clams, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, shrimp

Veal

Chop, cubed, cutlet, rump

Vegetarian Proteins

Seiten – 4 oz per serving
Soy cheese – 3 slices (approximately 2 oz) per serving
Tofu – 1 cup (8oz) per serving

Vegetable Choices – Unlimited

Use fresh, raw vegetables or steamed vegetables

Asparagus, bok choy, broccoli, celery, collard greens, cucumbers, endive, escarole, green beans, green cabbage, green onions/scallions, green peppers, iceberg lettuce, kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, string beans, swiss chard, zucchini

Other Choices

You may also include…

Artificial Sweetener – up to 3 packets per day
Cheese, park skim, reduced fat, light – 2 slices per day (great for omelets!)
Cream cheese, light – 1 Tbsp. per day (great for dipping vegetables!)
Creamer, fat free, non dairy – 1 Tbsp per day (Great for coffee!)
Mayonnaise, light – 1 Tbsp. per day (Great for salads!)
Mustard, brown, dijon, spicy – 1 Tbsp. per day (Great tasting!)
Seasonings – any seasoning may be used to enhance the flavor of food as long as it contains no sugar or salt

Beverages

Coffee or tea, caffeinated – up to two 6 oz cups per day
Coffee of tea, decaffeinated – unlimited
Diet soda – up to 24 oz per day
Hot fresh lemon water – up to 2 cups per day this acts as a natural diuretic to relieve a full or bloated feeling)

MENU SUGGESTION

This menu is a sample to help you plan your own menu. To have an enjoyable and successful Fast Forward weight loss program experience, choose foods from the list that you like best.

Breakfast

Fast Forward drink
Cheese omelet – ½ cup Egg Beaters, 2 slices light American cheese, sprinkle with a portion of Morton Lite Salt
Coffee or tea with Splenda and fat free, non-dairy creamer

Mid-Morning Snack

Fast Forward drink
Raw, green vegetables dipped in salad dressing
Rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed

Lunch

Large tossed green salad with salad dressing
Tuna salad – tuna (canned, water packed) with 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Fast Forward Drink
Cucumbers, sprinkle with a portion of Morton’s Lite Salt
Hard boiled egg, sliced

Dinner

Fast Forward Drink
Sirloin steak, grilled
Large tossed green salad with salad dressing
Asparagus, sautéed, sprinkle with remainder portion of Morton’s Lite Salt

Evening Snack

Raw, green celery and cucumbers dipped in salad dressing

maiat 08-30-2007 04:27 PM

Thanks for all the info guys! I see, so FF is the equivalent of Take Off without the Lites? In anyones opinion - should I do this instead of Take Off?

maiat 08-30-2007 04:32 PM

I usually do Take Off, but have never done FF - is one more beneficial?

Pastrey 08-31-2007 07:47 AM

This is my understanding - and I could be wrong, so if I am please correct me :)

Fast forward is used by almost everyone the first two days of starting the diet.

Take off is done by those who use LA lites as part of their LAWL program. Take off limits your protein and vegetable intake and allows you to eat your lites.

Fast forward is done by those who are on the food only diet.

I was told by COD I can't do Take off as I don't do lites. That either I do lites or I don't, I can't do them for a couple of days here and there. I just do fast forward.

I really don't know if one is more beneficial than the other. I think they allow unlimited veggies and protein to make up for the calories we would have gotten by eating the lites...

LHB1977 08-31-2007 11:16 AM

Now please understand it's been years since I have been to a COD - and so much has changed - but my understanding was that Jet Start...or Fast Forward as it is now called...was done at the very start of your diet to "shock" your system and (to quote my counselor) "prime your body to start shedding the fat"! The first time I did Fast Forward - and mind you, I don't know much about it only being done two days and I know nothing about this "Fast Forward Juice" - I lost 7 pounds in 3 days. Yeah, sure it was mostly water weight, but we take any loss we can get, right ladies? ;) I also never did the "Take Off". From what I understand you do that now ever 14 days or something like that? I'm not realy sure how I feel about that. I would think it would be good to do occasionally - like if you had plateaued or something like that - but throwing that at your system OFTEN........eh, that just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But then again, last time I checked I didn't have M.D. after my name, so what do I know? :) Anywho....I'll quit rambling now. :) I'm just happy cause I finally saw a three pound drop on the scale! WHOO HOO! :) And thanks again for all you words of support and encouragement! Ya'll have been great!

shshshhh 09-01-2007 12:47 PM

I hope this is the right thread for this post. I went to my COD this morning and they had the new portion plates for sale. I needed a new book, and was told that they got rid of all the old books because the new plans (numbered ones) are starting Tuesday, since monday is a holiday and they are closed. The counselor found an old book and modified it for my plan (I am on Red 1 and they did not have any more of those). So, next Saturday when I WI, I will get the new book and plan.

I am kind of nervous about it because a lot of people here have posted slow downs or weight gains witht he new plans and I have really been doing well on the color-coded one. I have a really long way to go (about 80 pounds) and don't want to slow down now.

Roberta