3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Feel Full Menu Plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116726-new-feel-full-menu-plan.html)

notonadiet 07-19-2007 09:41 AM

Hey all! The new plan seems to be working well! I am down 4 pds in 7 days! (I havent lost 4 pds in 7 weeks) LOL! I am seeing with the clients I have an initial gain, but within a few days a great drop. As Lynn said a water weight gain! Keep your chins up! it works if you stay positive!!!!!!!

Oh and the new plan has 2 phases.... sounds like some are starting on the Express phase, the first 4 weeks, Limited....so no pasta, rice, pork or beef(except veal) But you may have frozen meals with those items. The second phase is the new Free to Live Menu!

dawn78 07-19-2007 09:47 AM

Notonadiet - thanks for clearing that up. What part of the country are you in? What phase of the new plan are you on?

living the lifestyle 07-19-2007 10:58 AM

lving the lifestyle

Hey all,

I wanted to share what I learned from the COD. First, the manager at my center is great & I have never had any problems with them forcing products or the other complaints I've read in various forums. She seems genuine about helping you lose your weight and is quick to pull out her before "fat" pictures to show you she knows how hard it is and she had to lose her weight without LAWL. Anyways, I said all that to say that I really trust what she says.

I weighed in last Friday and saw a counselor who briefly told me that there was a new plan coming with more starches, etc... but she couldn't give it to me until Monday. I called my center Monday and talked to the manager to make sure they were opened late enough for me to make it and said & I'll get my new plan? She said that it would depend because not everyone was going on the new plan and she would look over my file & for me to see her when I came in.

Well, I went in that evening and she said that basically, they were applying the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" rule when switching clients over. If a client was losing real well on the old program they would not be switching them until they hit a plateau. However, some clients were struggling & had plateaued for months and they were switching them over. My mother was one who was only losing ounces at a time and was going to be switched over. She said looking at my file I was losing good on the old plan & she did not recommend switching me. (I had gained 1.8lbs previous week but had lost 2lbs, 3lbs, & 3lbs the previous three weeks.)

I explained that I was very sick of the program and about to crack and needed something new with more starches. From the beginning, I have been POP. After begging her, she did agree to let me move to the new plan, but stated she didn't recommend it and I could gain on it. We agreed I would try it for a week and if I gained, I needed to go back on the old plan. She also told me that I may initially gain & my next weigh-in may show a gain, but it should be off by the end of my first week. When going over the plan she told me the following things:

1) First 4 weeks is LA Express & there was NO eating out for 4 weeks. She made sure that I would commit to not eating out for 4 weeks.
2) She did say that this plan recommended doing take off every 2 weeks. I asked about using cantelope instead of the TO juice and she said with the weight I was currently at she wouldn't recommend it & if I didn't want to use the juice I was just better off not to do the TO. I do not plan on doing TO on this new plan, as I can't justify $25 for a bottle of juice. She seemed ok with that.
3) After 4 weeks on this new plan, two things would happen. They would either switch me to another plan (not back to the old one), or I would stay on this Express plan. She wouldn't let me see the next plan & said to take it one step at a time.

I was on Purple with lites and moved to plan 3. As everyone knows from previous posts that is 3P/4V/3F/4S/2F/2D & 2 lites. Some of the big things I noticed on the Express is this

1) No ketchup for condiments
2) No nuts can be used for fat (although they are still allowed as protein)
3) No raisins for fruit
3) Bananas and pears are now 1 fruit for a whole, but it is only 4 ounces which is incredibly small, so you will probably still be eating a half (and that weight is with peel!)
4) You cannot have fruit juice as a fruit
5) You cannot use the V8 Fusion or Fusion Lite for fruits and veggies
6) No Kashi cereal (you can have Fiber1, Corn Flakes, & Shredded Wheat)
7) unlimited Splenda, SF Jello, & I can't believe it's not butter spray
These are the items that made a difference to me.

Then there are all the other things others have posted. My counselor warned me to look up everything because you may not realize it's not allowed on this new plan or the portion is different. She said you have to get the Free to Live plan (old plan) completely out of your head.

So far I have been on this for two days & LOVE it. I haven't gained and it looks like I could be down a couple of tenths. I weigh in tomorrow & will let you know.

My advice is don't go on this program without information from your counselor. It is a whole lot different than Free to Live & if you just take the portions listed on this post and try to adapt the Free To Live Program it is not the same. You need all the information, to get it right and I would hate for you to gain weight because you ate raisins as a fruit, which isn't allowed!

Hope this helps,
Kathryn (sorry for the long post):o

6digmans 07-19-2007 12:01 PM

I wonder if it water tht I gained now that I have heard someone said about retaining water.
I used lemon water to clean out the other day and it cleaned everything out!

i think they changed this so they can sucker you into the juice at 24.99 a crack.

I will see what happens at weigh in today. I guess with having such GREAT results , now I feel like its been sabataged( sp?). I have zero interest in 50$ amonth in juice to tell you the truth!

Guess I should take a break from board til my mood is better. I feel like I never started LAWL. Never thought a 1.5 would make me so mad, guess if i cheated I would not feel this way. What can I say I am moody the past few days!

notonadiet 07-19-2007 12:10 PM

Dawn-I am in South Dakota, I work in my COD, LOL! I am doing the express phase.

Living-We were not trained to tell clients that they could not eat out for 4 weeks, so I dont know why they would tell you that. I can tell you that I have eaten out 2 times.... I seem to being doing fine. It is truly just about making smart choices.

I am really loving this site and all of the support everyone is giving! Luck to all, and if you have questions I can help with, let me know!

dolphn545 07-19-2007 12:13 PM

Steph - you're venting, and you're entitled to do that here without judgment. Remember that we are all here for you. We have all been where you are at some point or another, we have all eaten something that we shouldn't have, and the majority of us have been suckered into buying things we could do without.

This is my 4th time starting LAWL. So I've obviously made a few cheats or else I would be at goal by now. The trick is to move on, and don't allow your cheat to mess up your plan.

If you're still unhappy and gaining with the new plan, see if you can stick with the plan that was working for you.

Don't be discouraged. Just try to learn from your choices. Remember that we are here for you to support and motivate.

dolphn545 07-19-2007 12:17 PM

By the Way -- :goodluck: at WI!!!

Also, I can't speak specifically about the new program because my COD has no clue what I'm talking about, and I'm still on colors. But I just wanted to tell you to hang in there! :)

Lynx 07-19-2007 12:20 PM

Hi notonadiet,
I am sorry I don't know your first name. What numbered plan are you on?
Thanks for the info
Kathryn - thanks for the detailed info - every bit of information helps us.

WITeresa 07-19-2007 12:47 PM

Notonadiet - Thanks for the info! Now it makes sense! I was confused... :dizzy:

And Jennifer, welcome to the Junction Road center! You start Fast Forward on Monday? Good luck! Let me know what plan you get on Tuesday! ;)

Lynx 07-19-2007 12:56 PM

Yes, Jennifer - welcome to our Junction Road community of losers. If you need help finding certain products in local stores, I am sure either Teresa or I can help with that.

Katy66 07-19-2007 01:34 PM

Stephanie - I'm sorry you are so discouraged. We've all been there! Just keep your goals in mind and you can make it through this setback. We are here to listen whenever you need us!

tzulover 07-19-2007 04:09 PM

funny how different things can be.

My counselors KNOW i am about to go off on vacation for about a month -- not a one said I couldn't go out!!!!! For the first week & a half, I'll be living in hotels......

I was given the new plan and list so that I would have time to read them over GOOD and ask questions before going off on the vacations. When I read the first part with the congratulations -- I took it to mean it was directed to those just starting LAWL. Getting them off all the sugar and fats......

For some of us, there WILL be a bit of a gain, and that's because of the increas of fiber. Our body will readjust and then we'll go down. But those who did this diet all lost and lost better than before!! I was PROMISED I would love the change and I would lose!!!!

As for getting stuck, losing and relosing pounds --- VERY discouraging. I have been doing that for almost 3 weeks now. The girl I saw yesterday said she hit a plateau for almost 4 months, then suddenly it stopped and she had a big loss -- so hang in there Stephanie!!!!

laura

FatGalnAL 07-19-2007 04:40 PM

Something I noticed on my new plan book. The first sentence on page 3 under "Keys to your Success" it says "Congratulations! It's week five and you are on the road to success". Where does the week 5 come in? I guess they gave me the plan and are not having me do the limited 4 week program first? I'm not sure.

Katy66 07-19-2007 05:09 PM

I think that is for the folks who do express for the first 4 weeks. I saw that too.

tzulover 07-19-2007 05:45 PM

Living the Lifestyle

Found my new portion booklet.

You can still have raisins on this new plan --- 2 Tbsp, just don't do them every day. They write that you'll feel fuller if you choose grapes over raisins, cucumbers over pickles - because of the higher water content.

Nuts -- they are under vegetarian protein and under fat categories.

Most of the portion sizes have changed, that's how they were able to come up with this "feel full" program I think.

Ketchup is under the Consume Infrequently category of condiments - which they have written: choose up to 3 per day.

I can't find where we have to chose between weighing fruit with or without peels....

Fruit juice is under the Consume Infrequently category. Unsweetened is 1/2 cup. 100% fruit juice, any flavor: 1 cup.

The V8 juice, low sodium is under Consume Infrequently, 1/2 cup. I don't see the Fusion listed on neither of the plans.

Kashi cereals is listed under Starches - 1/2 cup; Fiber One is 3/4 cup.

S/F jello is unlimited; the FF and Lite Cool Whip is 2 Tbsp up to 3 per day (if that's the only condiment you use under the Consume Infrequently category)

Hope this helps....

laura