3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Feel Full Menu Plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116726-new-feel-full-menu-plan.html)

JLem311 08-02-2007 11:06 AM

oh and since i'm vegetarian the only thing that i thought kinda sucked was the veggie burgers count only 1 as a protein (since they cut the portions down) but egg beaters are 1 cup for a protein instead of 3/4 cup. :)

Lynx 08-02-2007 01:35 PM

Hey Jillian -
Regarding the veggie burgers - since you have 3 1/2 proteins a day, you can have 2 of them at one meal.

Barb316 08-02-2007 08:08 PM

So is plan2 the same as gold 2? Are the portions the same?

Lynx 08-02-2007 08:41 PM

My understanding is that Plan 2 is the same as Gold 2. The protein sizes for all of the new plans are standardized to be 4oz for most proteins except beef, some fish which are fatty, lamb, pork and dark meat poultry are 3oz. Eggs are 2; egg substitute, fat free is now 1 cup.

living the lifestyle 08-03-2007 07:44 AM

Just wanted to update everyone. I switched to the plan about two weeks ago & had gained and stayed the same. Finally, some results! After a 4 week plateau, I was down 1.4 this week!!!!

I am so excited to be heading in the right direction again. I was always afraid that if I hit a plateau I would get discouraged and quit, but I managed to stick to it.

That deserves a dancing carrot:carrot: or two:carrot::carrot:

Lynx 08-03-2007 08:46 AM

Congratulations living the lifestyle - sorry I don't know your first name. It is good to hear when the scale starts moving downward again. Hope you have steady success.

JLem311 08-03-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizlawchik (Post 1780633)
My non-scientific $0.02...

With the new plan being more starches and the old plan being generally low in starches, this sounds like how people on Atkins gain weight when they go back to taking in carbs. Just like we had a big reduction at the beginning due to not eating as many carbs, maybe the initial reaction is your body getting used to digesting more carbs again? Something about how it processes them? Not sure of the science behind it, but maybe that's a general idea? Also, with five starches, no one is saying eat ten pieces of bread per day. You are supposed to eat a variety of food, not automatically turn to 2 slices of bread as your starch. Use this time to try some brown rice, a sweet potato, an ear of corn on the cob that's in season now. A bowl of cereal (or a yogurt parfait w/cereal). A bit of whole wheat pasta. Maybe with variety and a couple of weeks it will all level out.

very good logic, cassi! as always! i'm gonna save that answer because it really does make sense to me. :) thanks.

angelbretsmom 08-09-2007 11:06 AM

HI! I went into my COD today and I am still fighting the same 2 lbs I lose then gain them back they told me they are now switching to the new menu plans, and I would find out what one I would be on tomorrow, as they have to cal the dietitican where I only have the one kidney but I will have my new plan tomorrow.
So can anyone tell me since I am 5'4" tall and 14 lbs away from my goal of 150 what plan I would be on?
They also have the new plates for sale and wanted to know if I wanted one, I told them I will wait and see when I get my new plan..

My question how is everyone doing on these new plans? would love to hear your results since I have been in a rut for a month now it might be the kick start my body needs again

Stacie

aguerin 08-09-2007 12:01 PM

Stacie: You dont' really say what plan you are currently on so I am going to guess it is Gold. Here is the possible of the two plans that you will get.

Plan 1: for those on the Green Plan
2P, 2V, 2Fr, 2S, 1D, 1Fat

Plan 2 for those on the Gold Plan
2.5 P, 3V, 2Fr, 3S, 2D, 2Fat

I too was down to about 15 pounds to lose and they moved me to plan 1 of which I stayed on for about 3 weeks and I finally told them Monday (after recording it every other day in my diary) that I am HUNGRY. So they bumped me up to plan 2 and boy it has made all the difference in the world. I love all the "extra" food I am getting on Plan 2. I also lost 1.6 pounds from Monday to Wed this week after being moved.

I would skip the plate. Its just more ways to get your money. If you are already measuring your food what good is the plate? I do'nt sit down and eat all those portions at once anyway. Just my opinion.

Good luck with the new plan.

Mama Nicole 08-09-2007 12:14 PM

I just emailed customer support on my la at home website and requested the new info............do you think they will send it to me?????

aguerin 08-09-2007 01:04 PM

I doubt it Nicole. That would be too easy and bypass the CODs? I can send you the book in a file if you will send me a PM with email adress.

angelbretsmom 08-09-2007 01:45 PM

sorry about that I am on purple right now and no lites, can't do them... so I wonder if it will be the same? thanks for the advise on the plate I thought it was another money grab thing...anyways..

Stacie

angelbretsmom 08-09-2007 01:46 PM

opps forgot to ask does my not doing the lites make a differance and would I still be on plan 2 ? should know more tomorrow but I sure hate waiting...

Stacie

JLem311 08-09-2007 02:39 PM

well, i'm happy to report that being on the new plan for a week has me down a pound! whoo! :)

aguerin 08-09-2007 03:36 PM

Stacie:

I have two different notes on the purple plan from two differnt users. You will have to ask someone else, but this will give you an idea. THe starch is the only one different, and I would have to think it is 4 as it seems to increase per plan level.

3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2FATS
P3, V4, F3, S3, D2, Fat2