3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

Mama Nicole 04-04-2007 03:45 PM

I might go with the Memorial Day challenge.......but I really don't seem to do very well with longer challenges. I did best with Joni's 2 week challenge :) I truly am an instant gratification girl............

zambejaly5 04-04-2007 03:49 PM

Oooooh! Memorial day challenge, sounds good to me. Seems like I have always come in on the middle or tale end of one of the challenges so it would be nice to hit one at the beginning.

AI- I thought it was funny when simon said “I am not even going to comment on the vocals anymore” I would love to hear the three judges talk off camera about sanjya and why he is still on there. As far as Phil goes, he sings ok but he is , a …. Not eye candy. He reminds me of Scmeagal from Lord of the Rings.

I was trying to get caught up on everybody but man there is just too much! I have been AWOL during our spring break, but man did we have fun. I was completely off plan the whole week! Weighed in on Monday and I was only up 1.2 ! I will take that. I am doing TO yesterday and today and weighed in this morning and was down 2.2! Spring Break plus one! So I feel like I am back on track. And I need to get on here more often, it is just too easy to get behind!

Lettie

ElleofALady 04-04-2007 04:04 PM

Hello Everybody! Hope everyone is having a POP day. WI was good. A 0.6 loss. So, I'm happy. I found out my favorite counselor has moved on. So, I am stuck with Bobble Head and Tranny. The other counselor works at two different locations, so I rarely see her. Oh well, life goes on and my weight loss will continue.

No one discussing Dancing With the Stars either...oh well.

JM- I have never tried cooking spinach with fish in all my days, but I will try it soon. It sounds dee-lish!

Cassi- You are really feeling yourself today! Everyone should feel good about their weight loss accomplishments...EVERYDAY in my book! Good for you with your medium pants self!

Liz- Keep swimming!

Well, gotta go to the post office. Bye.

equinetcan 04-04-2007 04:55 PM

Letisha - I watch DWS and have seen every season. I was happy to see Shandi go last night. Now they just need to weed a few more out. I do hope some of them get a little better as I found Monday was not that show stopping compared to other seasons.

Now.......I got my position at work :carrot: :carrot: . We don't know when it will actually start due to some of the work I am currently doing but there should be some sort of transition shortly. I may be 50-50 for a few weeks. I am happy. I will still be on phone for some hours each week but not all day every day most times unless service levels need some help.

No furkid tonight but I should be over to see her tomorrow night and then likely again on saturday as I believe the ex has a commitment that day. He has someone else in his life now too. I think I know who it is but he hasn't said anything yet. He will once it is inevitable that I will run into her at his place when I go see the dog. But he will delay that as long as possible.

I am working OT tonight for a couple of hours so I will touch in again after I get home around 10. I hope everyone has a great night if I don't get back later!!!

zambejaly5 04-04-2007 04:59 PM

how come my weight loss tracker thingy doesn't show tenths... I entered my current weight at 214.8 and it shows that I am 214.

Joni135 04-04-2007 05:01 PM

Late start...

Cassi - you hot, knife wielding momma!! So cool about the size and weight revelations...I too got goose bumps reading your post. I just realized why you don't start school until AFTER Easter. You cannot wear white until after Easter...get it...LOL!! Post the picture before you get too busy (but wait till after Easter!!)

Nicole - okay - changed my mind again....stay home and just blog all day long....you make my day girlfriend. I was just reading your interview stuff...truly amazing. Lord knows what kind of money HD shelled out to come up with those interviewing tactics. And like so many folks have said, you are way overqualified and I guarantee the folks at my local HD weren't given that kind of interview. I think the employees at my Home Depot had to play a game of hide and seek and if you got found you don't get the job (in other words, I can NEVER find anyone to help me there, which is why I go to Lowes more than HD lately). Your shout out to Wendy II cracked me up. I wound up watching AI last night and voted for...Jordan, Gina and Melinda. The guys are not doing it for me. I liked Chris..but he's gone.
Also, I don't do too well with the longer challenges....my attention span is only good for so long. I have a little personal challenge with Juliemarie that goes for a few weeks....then, I'll need another one...so I'll count on you joining in on that one.

Juliemarie...I'm watchin ya!

Kristen - funny fix for your bangs...sounds like something I would do! You didn't really do that, did you? Hope my girls looked ADORABLE for their picture!! I just realized...your "claim" that my darlings were having tantrums could be a result of your caffeine withdrawals.....Don't people hallucinate when they give up their drugs? Oh, and you wouldn't know what to do with yourself without seeing your babies for more than two days in a row......I'm not falling for the "lent kids out for Lent program." Oh....tell me what happened on TBL challenge Kristen...did you win? did they ever come up with prizes or was it just a pat on the back? Either way, you sure did great!

Katie (Repo) - okay, no more CSI shows for you!! You played out that scenario for Nicole a bit too professional!

Shannon - good line back to Dan..."It actually says DON not Dan. You're safe." You're funny too!

Welcome Roxie...is Roxie your real name....or do you prefer to be called Roost! Actually, Dan and Jason are our resident Roosters...the rest of us are chicks!

Megan - very cool about your kids.....you must be doing something right!

AI talk - if Sanjaya makes it another week (and he probably will), I swear I'm going to make a Sanjaya voodoo doll (with the mohawk hairdo)! Cassi, can I borrow your knives?

Kim - keep your bunny...it's only for a few more days...he's cute.

Wendy - sorry your job is sort of sucky. I have moments with mine too, but after reading about Nicole's horrific interview, I don't know if I feel like putting my resume out there. My DH just got a new job and he's thrilled with it (of course it's all still very new). So, best of luck to you too.

Hi Lettie - welcome back and congrats on the TO loss.

Letisha - yes I'm watching DWTS too; I don't vote on this one; I'm not bowled over by anyone...YET.

juliemarie 04-04-2007 05:04 PM

I think that if you want your tracker to show tenths-you have to use a tickerfactory one . . .I think . . .

zambejaly5 04-04-2007 05:04 PM

have any of you seen the sanjya song on You Tube? check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAT27LhkQ-4

juliemarie 04-04-2007 05:06 PM

Joni-I thought Gina did well last nite too-I love the song Smile . . . .I've always wondered why no one had sung that yet . . .but they sure dogged her. Don't get it.

zambejaly5 04-04-2007 05:06 PM

if that link doesn't work for you, (it didnt' for me) go to youtube.com and enter

sanjaya anthem

in the search box. too funny

Joni135 04-04-2007 05:08 PM

Allanah - congrats on the new job!! Hugs to the furbaby. Hope that you, too, will soon have someone worthy in your life. Not that this is necessary, but sometimes it's just fun to share stuff with another two-legged somebody!

Wendelina 04-04-2007 05:25 PM

Oh man! I can't tell you how much the funny comments and Cassi's story about her chef whites made my day today. Thanks folks!! I really needed the pick-me-up!!

I'm feeling so melancholy -- I can't stay POP, I can't make the scale move, and I STILL haven't gotten back on the treadmill. Maybe the challenge will help motivate me again. I need serious help!!

Love to all.. gotta run

Mama Nicole 04-04-2007 05:42 PM

WendyII......you are not alone my dear :)

juliemarie 04-04-2007 05:48 PM

<singing in a really high voice> I always feel like-somebody's waaatching me . . .

juliemarie 04-04-2007 05:59 PM

AAAhhhh! Free food! Free food! So not free . .

A rep just came through with his big giant drawer o candy . . . .good candy. Sitting here eating my apple . . . . . . mmmm apple (trying to convince myself it's better than peanut butter cups!).

Man-I sound drunk :D

KrispieD 04-04-2007 06:46 PM

How about an apple wrapped in a peanut butter cup!!
Wait.. that's wrong.. I'm not helping at all!

DenverChick 04-04-2007 08:25 PM

Lettie - Loved the Sanjaya link. To use Nicole's word - CREEPY!

Up a pound today at weigh in. Don't know what to do. I have been POP since TO and I am up not down. This doesn't seem fair. I am going to start adding 45 min of cardio a day and see if that helps me move off this stall. Urg! Frustration!

juliemarie 04-04-2007 08:38 PM

Krispie-I made it past the pb cups-but succumbed a bit to the ff cool whip-I shouldn't have bought it. I know better . . . . .

ElleofALady 04-04-2007 08:42 PM

Man, oh man...Deb, your cookbook is a lifesaver!!! I made the in love shrimp recipe and enjoyed it so much. I ate like two or three strings of the Dreamland wheat pasta with about 2 ozs shrimp and felt so satisfied!!! I also made a very low fat veggie quiche' to go along with it. I will probably not crave any ice cream tonight.:p:

Gotta go p/u last of the toys. Everyone have a good night!

Angie 04-04-2007 08:53 PM

Kim -- I hear you on the alone time. I lived on my own for 7 years before I got married, then add a baby, I'm NEVER alone anymore. I've been alone in my house about twice ever. Sorry about your .8, I matched you today, I was up .8 when I weighed in this morning. I guess that's the post-take off gain I've been hearing about.

Letisha -- I was kind of watching DWS. I was happy enough about the couple who had to leave, I didn't even know who she was. I can't stand Heather Mills, I hope she goes soon too.

Katie -- Love your multi-tasking answer. That was hilarious, I'm going to have to find a way to fit it into conversation at work sometime soon.

Alannah -- Congratulations on your new position!

JM -- Your fish 'recipe' sounds great, only I don't eat fish..lol. I suppose I should give that a whirl using chicken breasts, I'm sure it would still be great. Congrats on your .5 loss! BTW, I finally hit the post office tonight and your package is on it's way...DS helped me to decorate the package if you're wondering why all the stickers are in the same area.

Nicole -- LMAO @ the role playing exercise. I don't know how she could do that with a straight face. The only reason I can think of that they do all that is to think about some of the employees others here have described...they must be trying to do better...sheesh. Since you've been sharing some potty training info, I have a little mommy-celebration to share -- DS stayed dry through the night last night! Yippie!! Now I'm on to getting him to poop on the potty too.

TN Kim -- That's great that the consultation went well, it's so important to feel good about your Dr and the information you are getting. May 22nd is just around the corner! Will you be brave enough to post before and after pics? Or at least, after?

Cassi -- Great NSV with your whites! I'd be delirious over that!

Dan -- Hope the chiro appt went well, and that you resisted the burger, unless it was the low sodium variety of course...

Jillian -- Yummy. I like making a banana hotdog...spread PB on a pita or low cal wrap, then wrap it around a banana -- great breakfast.

Roxie -- :welcome: Congratulations on your great start on the program!

Deb -- WTG on hitting the 160's... :woohoo: The Memorial Day challenge sounds great! How much are we aiming for? Thanks again for the cookbook, there are just so many terrific recipes in there, it's overwhelming!

Shannon -- Sanjaya was boring to me last night. I can't wait for him to be gone so that there can be more attention on the great singers. I think Melinda will end up walking away with it all as of now. She seems to have it all.

Megan -- Great news about your kids, you have every reason to be proud.

Wendy - My dinner was similar to your lunch...I had chicken fajitas with no tortilla, just over salad and I added salsa and FF sour cream...yummy. It sucks when you feel totally uninspired at work...I hope you can find something that you can feel better about.

Libby -- Ack! That totally sucks to be up a 1lb after TO, I know how you feel, it was .8 for me. Keep with it though, your perseverance has always paid off so far, right? My COD suggested switching exchanges around when you find the scale not moving...I'm trying it now, breaking the routine of having 2 starches for breakfast daily.

Hi to Lettie, Joni, WendyII (get on the treadmill!)

Where are the missing Canucks Sara and Rhonda? Check in you guys!

Joni135 04-04-2007 09:56 PM

I actually just cried while watching American Idol....totally sucks. I won't say who got voted off because I know some of you west coastonians haven't seen it yet. Boo hiss.

Wendelina 04-04-2007 09:57 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the website tonight?

Wendelina 04-04-2007 10:13 PM

Ok.. trying this again..

I have FINALLY had a POP day!! :carrot: (and there was great rejoicing)

I made the Easy Chicken Parmesan out of Deb's cookbook.. it was great. My kids loved it too. Thanks again Deb! That's the best thing ever!!

I've been trying to make a Mem Day challenge ticker.. how the heck do you do that again?? I think this challenge has lit a fire again.. I'm getting on that treadmill as soon as I log off tonight.. I promise!!

Finally got the chance to catch up on the posts..

Nicole - role playing?? Are you sure you weren't in the psychiatrists office? Sounds like group therapy instead!

Wendy - there's nothing worse than working in a sucky work environment. When morale falls, everything else goes right with it. I hope you find something that makes you happy in your career.

Kim- I think if you know you're insane it means you're schizophrenic, and so are you. :D

Kristen - Aren't there better ways to highlight your hair?? White-Out comes to mind..

Time to go find that Sanjaya thing on You Tube... I could use a laugh.
G'night All!

BobbySam 04-05-2007 12:05 AM

Hi everyone. Went to WI today and was nervous because I have a sore throat and am really not feeling good but I was down 1 lb.! Yay! It is so hard to keep up with all the posts! Anyway, hope everyone has a great night and a good POP day tomorrow.

Get to update my ticker again! Looooove it!!!

Joni135 04-05-2007 07:54 AM

Morning all. It's chilly in Atlanta today.........and of all days I chose to do an LA Slim with raspberries for my breakfast. It's quite yummy, but I'm freeeeeeeezzzzzzzzinnnnnnng. Here's to a POP day; we can do this. Anybody have any easter egg hunt ideas when your hunters are all over the age of 18....in the past we've put lottery tix and quarters and a little candy in the eggs. I'm thinking of putting numbers in the plastic eggs and at the end the best poker hand wins the hunt and the prize...I don't know. Just talking out loud here.

JLem311 04-05-2007 08:48 AM

hey everyone. going to go WI today. i'm sure i'm down at least a pound...not quite sure. i'll be back later today to post my results. :)

joni--the egg hunt with the best poker hand at the end sounds fun! what kind of prize did you have in mind?

KrispieD 04-05-2007 08:58 AM

Morning All
Quick hello .. we got SNOW last night again.. after two weeks of wearing spring jackets.. grrr.. Easter Egg hunt will have to be inside on Sunday!!
So the sclae is teasing me to the point of near insanity.. started the week off at 161.8, then went to 161.4.. today to 161.. so that means I need to drop one pound over Easter weekend to get goal.. talk about a motivator to stay on track.. but we have two huge family dinners! All I can hope is the DH found the sugar free jelly beans and chocolate for me!
Will check in more later, have a great day everyone!

katiebug77 04-05-2007 09:19 AM

Good Morning guys!!!! Well, I went to WI yesterday and lost the .8 that I had gained last week, so that's good. I have to admit that will all the pre-wedding stress, I haven't been perfectly POP, but I have been doing the best I can. We leave for Jamaica in 15 days. I went shopping last weekend, and bought tons of LITTLE clothes. It really is so much fun when you get to buy the smaller sizes. Now, I just have to hide the credit card bill from my fiance....Actually, he told me it was great that I could treat myself to a new wadrobe and that I deserved it for all my hard work. He's a keeper.

Joni - I like your poker idea for your easter egg hunt!!

Kristie - I know you are going to hit goal soon. You'll do great with your dinners. You have come so far!!!

Wendy II - I too have been an exercise slacker, but with my wedding less than 3 weeks away, I am determined to hit it hard. I will just need to warn the other gym members, "LOOK OUT! Birdezilla has entered the building". Yeah, that's the nickname DF has given me when the stress starts getting to me.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Repo girl 04-05-2007 09:40 AM

Morning guys! Can't totally catch up, however, Cassie, fantastic news about the uniform, Kristen, WTG on the BL challenge, Katiebug, oh, yeah, keeper for sure! Deb- The cookbook is just unreal, you are the best for sharing it with us, Wendelina, great job staying POP! And to the rest of you, great job keeping on and keeping on. We can all do this!

I am on my second day of TO. I was down 3 lbs on the home scale this morning, so that is always good news! Our puppy is not doing very well, however. Still pretty skinny. We are feeding him by hand several times a day, plus assisting the mommy with nursing by latching him on to fuller areas of milk. I am starting to think that he was a preemie. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon to go camping for the weekend. It is so nice here, mid
60's, lots of sun. We are sooooo lucky! Have a great, POP everyone!

Kristi, Evette, Norissa, have a nice day ladies!

smjezzy 04-05-2007 09:42 AM

Bang up night for me. WI at the gym and I'm up 1 pound but I'm pretty sure it's all sodium. Settle down Dan, I've seen the light.....for this week anyway. Then I get home to see goofball in the 2nd group and then the best of the 3 gets voted off? Are you kidding me with this show?

Do they show who they are voting for on that vote for the worst site. If so I'm gonna save myself the bother of actually watching the show. (Someone has had an attitude since Chris Daughtry was voted off last year...I won't mention any names) Gaining a pound is not helping my bad attitude this morning either. Someone hit me with a happy stick!

On a positive note, a lady at work walked up to me while I was getting coffee and said, "You sure are looking good. You can really tell the weight loss in your face and chest". That absolutely made me feel good.

Katie - woohoo on the 3 lbs. As for the puppy, have you taken him to the vet. I hope he's ok

hdsqrl 04-05-2007 09:46 AM

OMG, Kristen...ONE more pound! :woohoo: You can do it!!!!

Dan2112 04-05-2007 09:51 AM

Morning all!

Not much to say other than I hope y'all stick to plan today.. Hey that ryhmed!

katiebug77 04-05-2007 09:56 AM

Katie - WTG on the 3 pound loss!!! Take care of that puppy for us. I am super jealous of your weather. We had 70's weather all last week, it even hit 80 once, and this week we have cold 40's weather. UGH, so ready for winter to be over. Enjoy your camping trip.

Shannon - Hopefully Dan is still sleeping and will overlook your sodium mishap. Don't you just love the comments from other people on your weight loss? It feels really good, doesn't it? I am so disappointed with this season of AI. Don't even get me started.....

katiebug77 04-05-2007 09:56 AM

OK, never mind.... he's up. Maybe he will let you off with a warning.

JLem311 04-05-2007 10:08 AM

hey everyone. i'm back from COD and i was right..i did lose another pound from my saturday WI. :) in about 4lbs i move down to purple. i've done purple before, so it won't be a big deal to me. i'm actually excited to move to a new plan! weird, huh? :)

congrats to all the "losers!" and keep up the great work everyone.

Dan2112 04-05-2007 10:10 AM

Oh HARDY HAR HAR, Kate....

Geez you guys.....

katiebug77 04-05-2007 10:10 AM

Good Morning Dan!!!!

smjezzy 04-05-2007 10:12 AM

Officer Dan Officer Dan, Pick one excuse:
1) my dog ate the lite salt.
2) I accidentally used the lite salt when I was surrounding the house with it to protect from evil spirits
3) I used it to melt the ice from my driveway (I live in Texas...it was 90 yesterday)
4) I thought it was pepper

JLem311 04-05-2007 10:13 AM

dan, i'll join you on being sodium police..i totally police my dh and everything we buy! i guess ever since i started LAWL for the first time i've been that way.

so i'll gladly join the SP-Force with ya! :)

katiebug77 04-05-2007 10:17 AM

UH, oh, Shannon we are in trouble. The police force is growing!!!!

Jillian - great job on your loss!