3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

Repo girl 04-03-2007 08:12 AM

I was exercising a lot when they put me on red with lites. Now life keeps getting in the way of exercise, and I have not been able to get to the gym nearly as much. I am doing lunas on the gold plan. That looks like a pretty good strategy to break it all up. Thanks Joni!

bizlawchik 04-03-2007 08:54 AM

Good morning all! I may have gone over a bit at Passover dinner, but I think I went under in other areas so I hope it equals out. One more dinner to get through tonight.

Katie - That little puppy looks adorable!

Vic - I used to say that if I won the lottery I would do it too. Then I realized that I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to spend the next 25 years in the legal field. I'm taking out student loans to pay for the whole thing and working and going to school at the same time. I'm running on faith and the belief that things will work out. The happiest (and some of the most successful) people are those that decided to follow their dream instead of staying in the "safe" route. So I'm going for it.

Repo girl 04-03-2007 09:06 AM

Cassie- You are my hero. Seriously.

JLem311 04-03-2007 09:54 AM

hey everyone. i've got the day off today and was thinking about going to COD either today or thursday...not sure yet.
not much happening here today. i need to go and pick up a few things to send the kids for easter. :) and get myself some allergy pills. it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly. anyways...not much else to say right now, except i'm tired and really need to workout today...i kinda skipped it yesterday.

be back later.

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 09:55 AM

Good morning everyone :)

I WI this am just to see if my crappy loss last week was a fluke......nope, indeed it was not. I am almost wondering if I need to switch down a plan.......especially after hearing about Katie's switch. I"m such a joiner. What plan are you currently on, Cassi? We are pretty close in weight (you are a bit lighter than me).......and I know I was on the border of two plans a few pounds lighter ago. I am doing the special K bars right now......and I really kind of think they added too many calories for me. What do you think?

I have my job interview this afternoon.......and I am trying to decide if I even want to go.................

Anyway.......have to go make sure ODD is getting ready for school.

I will catch up with you all later ;)
XOXO

Kimphin 04-03-2007 09:56 AM

Cassi- you are absolutely right. Oprah always says 'do what you love' and I always thought - "yeah, if I was as rich as Oprah I could do what I love, but instead I do what I have to do to pay the bills" Well, as I get more miserable with each passing day, I realize she may be on to something. (The school counselor and I always joke that a little bit of our souls die everyday we walk into this place! - personnel politics, not the kids) It takes a great leap of faith to do what you are doing, but in the long run, you will be better off. Good luck - and we want a new picture of you in your whites.

Katie - OMG, that puppy is beautiful! Of course, it's also bigger than my dog, but how cute! I'm sure it will be hard to sell him, but yeah, 3 GD would be a lot in one house.

I won the NCAA pool at work - gotta find out how rich I am (not)!

Kimphin 04-03-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLem311 (Post 1637605)
it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly.

Jillian - kind of reminds me of my brother - he's 13 years older than me and tortured me incessantly (of course I love him to death!) He would always say to me " DOes your face hurt?" "It's killing ME!" so childish.

Anyway - DH has awful allergies - he finally went on a FLonase inhaler and it is like night and day. I hope you get some relief.

smjezzy 04-03-2007 10:06 AM

Juliemarie - I'm very excited for you. Make sure you give Josie a big hug for all of us when you finally see her. Don't worry about the weight just do the best you can for right now. You'll get into a swing once she's home with you and you settle into a routine.

Letisha - You're welcome? I sure hope I didn't offend anyone, seemed an open topic! If I did please forgive me.

Katie - The puppy is adorable but he looks bigger than my son did at birth! The momma is probably looking at you like you're insane for suggesting she have more!

Mamabanana - Yep, COD said count the popcorn as 1 starch.

Cassie - I envy you. I really hate what I do but have no idea what else I'd be interested in, other than being an independently wealthy, bon-bon eatin, couch potato. Congrats on you choice and I hope all your dreams come true.

Kimphin 04-03-2007 10:06 AM

Nicole - go on the interview, even if it is just to see what it is all about. You can always decline the job.

Good luck!

juliemarie 04-03-2007 10:18 AM

Joni/Katie-it must be an epidemic (I hope!)-cuz I'm also down 2 lbs this morning! :broc: I had a POP day yesterday and it had challenges-because of a church thing-I ate dinner at 4:30pm-and finished all my exchanges. After church-I went home and watched 24 and did the whole wandering into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and cupboards thing. Closing the doors, rinse, lather, repeat . . . . . I was so hungry by 10-i just went to bed before I caved . . . .

Shannon-If I was just gaining a couple of pounds-I probably wouldn't worry-but I gained 12 pounds in the last month. :( Yeah . . I said it. :o I wasn't going to . . . .but there it is. I had one binge on top of another-Taco Bell, Mcdonalds, pizza, KFC, a bag of peanut butter M&Ms (one of the big ones), more easter candy, cake, tator tots . . . . . if I craved it-I ate it. Then I got mad at myself and ate more. It's a vicious cycle-and I had to stop it. I eat when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, angry, stressed . . .:?: I wish I could find an emotion that made me have no appetite.

Jeez-I can't believe I told you guys all that. How embarassing. . .:^:

I changed my ticker too . . . .who was I kidding?

Kimphin 04-03-2007 10:26 AM

JulieMarie - don't worry - it's not like we all haven't been there. Recently.

I guess we can lose all the weight we can, but we really need to re-program ourselves to the change. Did anyone read the latest People magazine? There is an article about some people who went through weight loss surgery and replaced their food obsession with other destructive behaviors. Compulsive shopping, Alcoholism, drugs. Very interesting article.

bizlawchik 04-03-2007 10:28 AM

Nicole - I'm on purple until 181 (with a 3 or 4 pound leeway, so I think they could switch me at 184-185). You are taller than me, though, so maybe you are closer to the switch spot.

And Kim is right. Go to the interview even if it's just to see what it's about. You can always decline and keep in good with them by saying the hours just won't work with your schedule or something.

And thanks for all of your support on the school thing, guys. I feel really brave for even attempting this, but I'm also VERY nervous. Not about school, because I know I'll love that, even with the hours, but it's the debt of the school and not knowing what I'm doing next. If I take a job in a traditional restaurant I am cutting my salary in half, which I cannot afford. That's why I want to get into catering or open my own place, which would probably be breakfast/lunch. I have a few other ideas too, like offering cooking classes (maybe a singles night, or birthday parties) to generate revenue in the off-times. Who knows? I just have to take the first step and keep the positive energy coming my way. Things always work out.

juliemarie 04-03-2007 10:32 AM

Nicole-they're right-go to the interview. It's good to keep those interviewing skills sharp . . . .even if you decline the job.

smjezzy 04-03-2007 10:35 AM

Juliemarie - I think you've done remarkably well considering everything you're dealing with. I'm an emotional eater too, well I think probably most of us are and that's why we're here! Give yourself a break, you have enough to deal with right now without beating yourself up over this. You slipped, you know it, jump back on and move on. Next time you feel that nervous urge to eat, go back in Josie's room and paint a flower, rearrange the furniture, refold the clothes, clean the windows. Just do anything to keep yourself occupied. You're just nervous and anxious and that's completely normal considering. Hang in there!

juliemarie 04-03-2007 10:54 AM

Yeah-messing with the clothes is pretty fun!

Joni135 04-03-2007 11:11 AM

Cassi - you continue to show us how absolutely brilliant you are. In all honesty, if I could figure out my passion, I would at least try to pursue it, but I'm just not passionate about anything. I guess I need professional help to figure this all out....would I go to a life coach???

Kim - funny how you remember what your brother said ALL those years ago!! Humor must run in your family.

Juliemarie - sounds like you and I had pretty much the same kind of "binge" month. I will confess to discovering this Cape Cod brand of potatoe chip that is called something like Robust Russets. In all honesty, one day I was craving ruffle type potatoe chips and picked up a small bag at the mini mart. Well, "russets" didn't mean ruffles. But, all the chips in the bag were dark...I used to call these the burnt chips in a bag of regular potatoe chips and it was like finding a piece of gold if you found one. Well, this Cape Cod russet chip is a whole bag of them. To die for, and if I continue to eat them the way I was, I will die from them! I was down to 153 before my February vacation and when I hit 160, I decided enough was enough. I'm back on track. And suffice it to say, I was hungry when I went to bed last night but I did not give in. (Still haven't PMd you your challenge, but I will. I see that you put 211.8 as your pre-trip goal; that'll work).

Nicole - My best friend has five kids and when her youngest was in school all day (first grade, I guess), she went and got a job paying minimum wage at a Williams Sonoma store because she LOVES to cook. She really did not need the income, but wanted to (a) do something she enjoyed (b)get the store discount (c) interact with adults (d) put something on her resume other than wife and mom. She's been there about 5 years now and still enjoys herself and takes a lot of pride in what she does.
Go for the interview and then just follow your gut. Your boys may still need their momma for right now, but in a couple years you may be ready.

gotta work......gotta go find a life coach....

Dan2112 04-03-2007 11:23 AM

Where is everyone today??

Well, no change for me at WI, and I guess that's a good thing.. We weren't exactly POP this past weekend so I should count my blessings..

Have a POP day, all!

Wendelina 04-03-2007 11:26 AM

Me too I guess. I haven't been pop this past weekend.. and was sick all day Saturday (darn bottle flu!).. so the fact that I didn't lose anything at WI shouldn't surprise me. Would someone please help me get back on my treadmill???

DenverChick 04-03-2007 11:29 AM

Cassi - Thanks for reminding me that you have to do what you love. Kim's response totally sounded familiar. I felt the exact same way when I was still in Hi Tech. I used to tell my husband that every day I spent there was sucking a little bit of my soul away. You have no idea how relieved I was to get laid off. That's when I knew I was going to follow my dream and start my own business painting and organizing. Of course, we have had to downsize. We sold our more expensive house - bought one for half the price - paid off all our debts (cars, CC, etc.) so we would only have 1 cheap mortgage, and had to move further out of the city. But so far it has been worth it. My stress level has diminished (which I really think is helping me to finally lose weight) and I am not so miserable that I don't want to get up and go to work every day.

You are an amazingly smart woman to know that you have to follow your dreams and the rest will come. I truly believe that. It is hard work, but it is gratifying. As they say, "Follow your bliss".

kicker_RN 04-03-2007 11:52 AM

I tried a recipe from Deb's cookbook last night. It was fantastic!:carrot: I tried the Lasagne in a bun. My DH loved it, my DS liked it but is not big on ricotta cheese. I had leftovers so sent them with DH to work. I am trying chicken pizza tonight. I have been struggling maintaining lately- just too many nibbles and such. I will recommit to being POP to get the couple pounds that I have put on. Things have been rough here- my 17 yr old DD (maybe evil is better :devil: ) decided she didn't want to continue with culinary school so she quit college then decided that she didn't want to follow our rules. So she moved out with her bf.
We have told her it is all a mistake but she thinks she knows it all. My DH & I are heartbroken needless to say. I think it hurts my DH more because she was always daddy's little girl. So my eating has been a little rocky.
Enough of my whining- hope everyone has a great POP day!

MomOfThreeTeens 04-03-2007 11:56 AM

I remember that girl now Nicole. She was still in the recovery stage and doing well!

Shannon- to answer your question, the TT is needed more for me from having 3 c-sections. The first because my baby weighed 11 pounds 1 oz. With all that stretching and a vertical incision my doctor told me my stomach would never be the same. I could weigh a hundred pounds and my stomach would still look bad. Thats the reason I decided on the surgery.

Kimphin 04-03-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1637748)
Kim - funny how you remember what your brother said ALL those years ago!! Humor must run in your family.

Years ago? He said that to me last week!

Actually he was a terror, not a comic. One time my sister was making a cake and I was watching and he walked past me and fed my pigtail into the beaters. Yup, sucked me in right up to the scalp! (He denies all knowledge of this)
I got off easy compared to my next oldest sis. She has a metal plate in her head because she kept asking for the hammer. He gave it to her, overhand thow. Of course now that I think of it, she CAN be a pain.... LOL.

mamato2girls 04-03-2007 12:16 PM

Sorry I wasn't able to pop in yesterday, but we were really busy at work. Still busy today, but I wanted to share my good news from WI. Somehow between Thursday and today, I lost 2.4 lbs!!! I don't think I've lost that much in such a short period the whole time I've been on LAWL. The best news of all is that this puts me in the 130's...and only 9.8 lbs. from goal!!! :carrot:

Well, back to work I go. Hope everyone has an awesome POP day!!

KrispieD 04-03-2007 12:23 PM

what's going on in the USA??? Everyone is losing two pounds!!! If I lots two I would hit goal.. but I think I may have stalled it..*entering confessional*
had a great POP day yesterday, was a tad hungry but measured and ate everything, then after dinner.. BOOM... some sick monster in me headed for the last of the mini smartie boxes that were left from Halloween. and ate 4 of them!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't keep any junk in the house but had those for the girls.. so not only did I cheat but with their candy!!! GASP!!! *Slinking under a rock*

Angie 04-03-2007 12:51 PM

Katie and Joni and Juliemarie – Or should I call you the 2lb club? Congratulations to each of you on your losses!

Katie – The puppy is so cute! What is his name?

Juliemarie – I had a bad month too, and I too can use any excuse and feel like my cheating is justified. It’s never too late to stop it and turn things around though. I’ll give you a confession in return…I ate a cheeseburger and onion rings last Friday. Makes me wonder what I would have lost if I’d skipped that little cheat.

Jillian – Hope the meds help and you feel better. It’s lousy to feel like crap on your day off.

Nicole – Good luck at your interview! I’m with everyone else, I’d go for sure, even if you don’t accept the job. That way you won’t have p!ssed them off if you decide later that you should have gone.

Cassi – I admire your decision to change careers too. For me it would be a bit like the alcoholic working the bar, I don’t think I could resist BLTs nevermind whole meals. My friends parents opened a little breakfast/lunch place in an office building. Perfect hours…5:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday since the building is not open on weekends. I’d love that!

Barb in BC – I’m sorry things are so rough with your DD. She’s young and impulsive, I’m sure she’ll come around after a little venture out into the big world.

Wendy – Way to go on 2.4 more lbs. You are doing so great, you’ll be at goal in no time!

Kristen – If 4 teensy mini m & m’s stall your losses, then there is no god. About stealing candy… last week I said to DS “Soon, the Easter Bunny is coming to our house and he’s going to bring chocolate for you!” and he said, “for you too mama!”, and I felt guilty knowing how right he was…I’ll be stealing an egg or some bunny ears for sure!

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 12:54 PM

Cassi….debt sucks. That’s all I have to say about that. Both DH and I have some pretty hefty student loans to pay off…….and I am not even finished with school yet. But you know…..student loan companies are a lot more cooperative and nice than other finance companies. If you are not working after you graduate…..or not making enough $$$, you can usually get student loan payments deferred. My stay at home status keeps me from making those payments right now…….and it’s a darn good thing. It will be soo worth it………even if you have to pay on it for a long, long time. You just cannot put a price on happiness.

Katie……….your puppy is soooo cute. I so wanted my kids to experience puppies, but my dog has never conceived. It’s ok………..I am busy enough as it is……..but I totally remember that experience from childhood…….and it was incredible.

Jillian……so sorry that you have allergies……I do too……..it just sucks.

Nashville Debbie………soooo good to have you back……..love your Buddha picture. My kids all call their tummies their Buddha. My fault. LOL.

All the talk about surgery and the skin and all that………..there are really no subjects that I know of that are offensive to anyone here. We pretty much talk about it all. I would have a TT in a heartbeat…….but I am too scared………and cheap. Someday, I may change my mind………and it is purely for vanity reasons. I have never had a flat tummy……or even close to a flat tummy, even when I was a size 4…..and that would fulfill a life dream for me. So, please, don’t ever be afraid of offending anyone with a question or concern……..if you are thinking it…someone else is too.

Kim….one time, when I was about 8 years old……I walked into the bathroom, only to find my favorite Barbie, hanging from the fan/light……….by her hair…..with a nice slash across the back of her hairline……so she appeared to be hanging by her scalp. Brothers are idiots. LOL. I love mine. Both of them.

Thank you everyone, who encouraged me to go on the interview. I do need to get out of the house……and Joni…..your list of reasons is exactly my list of reasons………..but I am a bit nervous. Mostly of how things will go down here………DH isn’t exactly the world’s best housekeeper. He is a bit spoiled. But so am I. It would definitely be a learning experience for both of us. I will go to the interview…..and decide what I want to do later…….if they offer me the job that is…..LOL.

JM…….I would be exactly where you are with the eating thing if I were in your shoes. I eat for every reason. My dad is having a knee replacement next week (I will be in Wisconsin), and he has had a few surgeries over the last few years. Well, my sister and I eat at the hospital to pass time. We are really just pretty gross. Last time dad had surgery, the stinkin cafeteria ladies recognized us, and gave us the employee discount,. They told us that when they see the same faces for a few days in a row………they know a family member is in rough shape……..and that is one of the ways the hospital tries to make it a bit easier on the families. Pretty nice of them……..but that is just too much for me to resist. Sis and I have had many discussions on how you feel about food when you are in the binging state. It’s like you start to eat something because it tastes good……and then….you HAVE to finish it…….even if it kind of hurts your tummy. It’s like some fatty devil takes over your brain and forces you to do it. And for me……all it takes is one bite of something off plan. It doesn’t happen every time……but it is a big risk every time. The whole cycle of it makes me feel completely out of control……and really just disgusted with myself. I feel completely unattractive and well…….just kind of sad. It is not a good place to be for me………so, if that is anything at all like how you were feeling……….the only way to break it is to get OP……and it’s not even about the pounds anymore…….it’s about getting control back. So, as I read that back, I realize that I sound completely crazy…….and most likely you don’t feel quite that way……….but we all do to an extent, I think. So, even though I just made a big old speech, what I really want to say is……….I am glad for you that you are back in the game J Also……I used to wash and fold my newly expected baby’s clothing many times during the last month or so………..and hold them up to my face and smell them…….and….you know. We are so excited for you!!!

Joni…….a life coach………you know, my DD’s counselor has that printed on her business card………..and the name of it almost makes me giggle a bit……but dang…….couldn’t we ALL use a life coach???? I know I could.

Hi Wendy II……..I am glad you are feeling better J Now, get you’re a$$ moving on that treadmill!!!!

Barb……I am so sorry to hear about your heartache with DD. My DD is 16 ½………and she struggles a bit……and you know, it is sooo bizarre to me to think that she is almost an adult………I just don’t want to let her go…….EVER. I empathize with you my dear……and please, whine away…….that is why we are here!!!

Hi Kim#2

HOLY CRAP WENDY!!! WTG…….you are withering away before our very eyes! WHHOOOOHOOOOOO!

Miss Kristen………it will be ok. 4 smarties is NOTHING. I’m sure you burned them up within an hour. Candy is the devil……for sure. And don’t worry………I didn’t lose two pounds…….I’ll wait for you, my dear!!!!

Hello to everyone and anyone I missed. I think of you all, and am continually inspired by you…….even if I don’t remember all of the names J

Ok, have to get something done here today……..it’s grey and rainy…….but the laundry is always there waiting for me………so I’m never bored!!!
XOXO

juliemarie 04-03-2007 01:09 PM

Nicole-I understood EXACTLY what you wrote . . . . .it's an awful place to be.

So last weekend I took all Josie's clothes to my mom's so we could wash and sort and decided what to pack. When I get there-with my 4 bags of clothes (seriously)-she asked me if I brought baby soap. I'm like, "huh?"

There's a lot of things I need to learn about babies-but I thought I knew how to do LAUNDRY for cryin out loud! Anyway-off to the store for Dreft and liquid Downy . . . .OMG-those clothes smell and feel so good . . . .

Barb316 04-03-2007 02:02 PM

WHAT COOKBOOK are you all talking about????????????

juliemarie 04-03-2007 02:03 PM

Barb-Deb has complied a word doc of recipes and is willing to share it if you PM her with your email address . . . . .

KrispieD 04-03-2007 02:06 PM

Hehe.. you all thought I meant 4 Smarties.. even I sclae obessed couldn't be that uptight.. it was 4 mini boxes.. and I did I mention the extra Lite and handful of gingersnaps.. Nicole your explanation of how you feel when over indulging is right on the nail.. you are so ticked off for even thinking of it, consciously aware when you are doing it and keep eating even when you should be done.. your 'full' button is shut off.. I used to have many many of those nights.. usually ending in some drive throughs and the convenience store.. now it still happens like last night but on a smaller scale. I think we talked on this board a few months ago about the Self Sabotage Monster.. when you are very close to a goal but then you go and cheat.. I'd love to take some psych courses to understand all the meanings behind that!
Nicole.. you can only take the job if it means we don't see any less of you.. do they have an overnight shift??
Joni.. you broke the girls' hearts.. I just promised them a handmade wooden carved Easter bunny from Auntie Joni!!

Keep at it guys.. I'm covered in paint splatters trying to prime a wee bathroom that we took 15 year old wallpaper off.. just stumbled and banged my head on the wall which has my bangs completely coated in white primer.. stop laughing Kim.... so will shampoo get this out and how can I get the paint off my hands without using turpentine.. I do have delicate skin ya know!!!

Wendelina 04-03-2007 02:06 PM

Thanks for the kick Nicole!! Can you call me tonight at like 6 tell me again??

Barb316 04-03-2007 02:15 PM

Thanks Julie! I am gonna do that!

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 02:21 PM

Joni.......love that you put your adorable smiley face avatar back up. It is my favorite :)

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 02:22 PM

no problem, Wendy..........I'll call you right after my job interview :)

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 02:27 PM

Oh, and congrats Kristen.........on TBL challenge. You kicked some serious booty lady :) XOXO

equinetcan 04-03-2007 02:32 PM

Nicole - Good luck on your interview - I hope it goes well. I had one last friday and we are supposed to find out tomorrow. So here's to waiting another day!!

I am doing FF today and tomorrow with the dreaded juice. COD owed me a bottle from when I joined and I was unable at that time to do TO. So now I am doing it. I have come to the conclusion that I like it better with the oranges but I will stick it out the 2 days. I go get weighed again on thursday morning after it is all over. So it is chicken, haddock and salad greens for 2 days - then again that's what I eat a lot of the time anyway!! I am not hungry, just getting lots of exercise running to little girl's room!!

I had a new girl at my COD yesterday and she was nice. They are actively recruiting new people so we will have some more new faces in the next few weeks as well.

I go see my furkid tonight. This month it will be later than it has been though as I am working 11-7 this month versus 930-530 for the past 4 months. But I'll still go over and just stay until 930 or so.

Well, I only had a few minutes and I have to get back to work again. I'll check in later!!

Joni135 04-03-2007 03:14 PM

Kristen - boy, now I feel like a schmuck! Can you run out and buy them something special and just tell them it's from me? XOXOX
Quote:

Joni.. you broke the girls' hearts.. I just promised them a handmade wooden carved Easter bunny from Auntie Joni!!
No advice on getting rid of the paint on your hands. Why not just color some easter eggs and just use your hands instead of the dipping tool. You can choose what color you want your hands to be...I suggest bright pink. The bangs should grow out in about four weeks. Can you post a new avatar showing us your new and improved look?

Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

Wendy: great loss; Wendy II - see results from Wendy I; she used her treadmill every day last week.

Barb - sorry your daughter is giving you and DH a hard time. Hopefully some day she'll have a daughter of her own that will put her through the same pains you are going through....I totally believe in "payback."

smjezzy 04-03-2007 03:47 PM

Hey how bad is Thai food? "dietwise" I got Pad Puk or some such (stir fried chicken with mixed veggies served with 1 cup rice). I count it as 1/2 P (it was less than 3 oz chicken), 2V, 2S (I had about 1/2 cup rice) and 1Fat. I think I need to stick with eating at home, counting this food when I go out is confusing.

Barb I sympathize with you. I have an 18 year old son who is now a "man" and can do whatever he wants (or so he says). I spend most of my nights in tears. As for payback...boy am I getting it. Funny thing is I don't remember being disrespectful to my mom. My son is an only child and I'm a single parent so I'm getting both parents ration of crap. He used to be so sweet and thoughtful though so this is taking me by surprise. BUT I'll take this over health issues since I know this will pass............if I let him live thru it.

pjbeau 04-03-2007 03:52 PM

Good afternoon!

Well all you losers...I found your 2lbs! Don't know why, but I was up this morning. Then I broke the free food rule...I ate a donut...I'm embarrassed to say so and I was so mad at myself afterwards. I've been fine other than that brief moment of weakness.

I really am happy for everyone who is losing. Keep it up! :carrot:

Mama Nicole 04-03-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1638156)
Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

"

Joni and JM........I used to always buy dreft..........and then when my laundry got to be such a chore...I still kept my baby clothes seperate.......but I washed them in Tide or Era, just like the rest of the family.........I just double rinsed them. Either way seemed fine.......but it is really fun to buy dreft :)

And, Joni....yeah, thanks a lot.......LOL.......appealing to my wife/mother guilt........LMAO..........you sound like my sister!!! When I told her I was going for the interview, she said, "what, now you are going to go and screw up everything........" and I was like, what the **** are you talking about......and she said, "now when I come to visit you, you are going to have to go to work!!!!" LOL. That's my sis...........honest to a fault. One of my other girlfriends shrieked out a, "WHAT????" when I told her that I applied. She wanted to know if I needed my head examined......LOL. If nothing else..........this day and decision making process should be interesting :)

It's still raining and grey here............and I really wanted to do a bit more gardening.......oh well.

I'll fill ya all in later.

And Alannah......I hope you get good news tomorrow.
XOXO