3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

Wendelina 04-30-2007 12:58 PM

Dan, are you becoming the poo police now too? :-)

Angie 04-30-2007 12:59 PM

Hmmm...maybe we need to nominate someone to be in charge of fibre patrol. You can't do it all, salt is a big topic on its own!

Wendelina 04-30-2007 01:21 PM

"Fibre Control" that's got such a nice ring to it! :-)

Boo'sMom 04-30-2007 01:37 PM

Joni--now I have to commit to an actual date?? LOL--I added it. Makes it too real!

I think I cheated myself on the grapefruit--I only had 1.5 each day (well--still on day 2 but...). I just peeled, de-membraned--gross sounding word, and put a half into separate containers.

Nashville Deb-- you really are too kind--like the way I cropped DH's head off? I am embarrassed to admit I am a little sore from the go-karts--we broke every rule regarding bumping (we called it bump drafting!) and crashing into walls and people--I feel like I was in a fender bender now--I am getting too old but it was so much fun that we already can't wait to go back.

Wendy II--I agree--I've never de-membraned one and I could really tell a difference--plus, once you get it cleaned up it's a lot easier to eat. Thanks for raining on my parade--haha--ok ok--2 lites!

I hate to admit this (because the truth hurts) but now that I have been POP for 1.5 days I feel a lot better. I forget how sluggish I get when I eat crap and I have eaten so much crap for so long that I think my body is in shock. Gee Lea Ann--you think you'd get the picture after so long!

Kimphin 04-30-2007 01:53 PM

Hmmm - I really don't like grapefruit, but maybe this de-membraning thing may do the trick.... Although I am still going to Knudsen this time around the TO pole.

Angie - Still no official word on the superintendent. Now I hear that they will be announcing it at the next Board Mtg on the 8th. That's also my school budget presentation, that's why I am nutso this week. Plus I am getting audited AGAIN... this time by the State Comptrollers office.... damn, I feel like everyone wants to tell me how I'm doing my job....

I am being very POP today in prep for my TO tomorrow. Memorial Day is a scant 28 days away.....

hdsqrl 04-30-2007 01:59 PM

Hey all,

Had a rough (diet-wise) weekend that netted me a (hopefully temporary) gain of 2 pounds. But I'm back on track today, have my meals planned out, and even took a 20-minute walk at lunch...something I've not taken time to do in months. I am determined to get myself below that stupid 175 mark and STAY there. GRRRR!!!!

hdsqrl 04-30-2007 02:00 PM

Oh, and all this talk of demembraning a grapefruit...how do you do that? Are you taking away all of the little membranes in between the sections, even?

equinetcan 04-30-2007 02:06 PM

Glad to hear several people have had good results at their WI today. I go tomorrow morning on my way to work.

Angie - thanks for the kind words. I know I am bailing him out every time he needs a babysitter for the pooch but since I can't see her every day I take what I can get for the time being. She is very special to me. Next week when I am off I plan to take her to the park and let her run around on my horse's lunge line and also give her a much needed bath. Also want to take her to visit a friend of mine and see if she likes their dog or not. My mom wants to see her as well as she hasn't been able to since November. She loves to go in the car so at least she will enjoy all the trips.

I stayed home today as I woke up with what I call a borderline migraine. I stayed home to try and nip it before it progressed any further. So far it appears to be better.

And at least my car passed inspection for another year. Now I just need to price some new all season tires for the summer and also get a lever on the seat fixed that snapped on me a couple of weeks ago. But luckily I have someone that can do the lever for me for much less than $66 a hour the shop charges.

Not much else new. I will check back in a little bit!!

Dan2112 04-30-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendelina (Post 1674745)
Dan, are you becoming the poo police now too? :-)

Yeah, um.. No... Salt patrol keeps me busy enough!!

Hey.. Did y'all hear about Al Gore's new movie dealing with the global warning dangers caused by all the methane gas released by cows? It's called "An Inconvenient Toot"!

It's part II of the global warming conspiracy, to be followed up next year by an expose of the dangers caused by the build up of feces at pig and chicken farms.. It's called "An Inconvenient Poop"!

And then, of course, there's the movie he's doing in conjunction with the guy who did the McDonald's expose "Supersize Me".. This time around, Al's tackling America's addiction to all things sweet and sugary.. It's called "An Inconvenient Tooth".. You know.. As in "sweet tooth"? Ok.. Maybe that one was a stretch...

Ok.. Back on topic.. :lol:

Wendelina 04-30-2007 04:36 PM

Dan... Dan.... Dan... have you been staring at the walls a little too long today? lol

Wendelina 04-30-2007 04:37 PM

Megan - Grapefruit.. peel it like an orange and pull the skins (membrane) off of each section.

Michelle 04-30-2007 04:43 PM

:wave: I just wanted to say hi to all of you!;) I'm starting LAWL tomorrow, and I've been counting calories for the past month and have lost 13 pounds so far. I did LAWL two years ago and had lost 40 pounds, but after my hysterectomy and getting very lazy, I had slowly put 23 pounds back on. My sister also does LAWL and has lost 7 pounds in her first week. We neither one eat any sweets, never have, so the nutritionist has us set up on an altered plan with no LA Lites or sweet stuff. I look forward checking in with all of you and getting to know you. I did very well before when I was on LAWL and I'm hoping for the same again.:p

Mama Nicole 04-30-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimphin (Post 1674826)
Hmmm - I really don't like grapefruit, but maybe this de-membraning thing may do the trick.... Although I am still going to Knudsen this time around the TO pole.

ok, so is this anything like a festivus pole??? LOL.

I suck.....real bad. I was a bad, bad girl.......all weekend.....and I promise I will be better tomorrow. That's all I have to say about that.

I had a very busy weekend....my cousin was here from Minneapolis....so we did a lot of touristy things.....and it was a good time........a fatty boombalaty good time :) But, as I was trying to climb through tunnels and caves at the Ctiy Museum..........I realized that being a fatty is not all that fun. My legs are really sore from walking many flights of stairs......and I also realized that I am utterly and completely out of shape. I really thought I was going to do something about that today.......but that didn't quite work out. Hopefully I will have my act together in the a.m. Also, it is 88 degrees here today.......which is just such a lovely reminder that I don't exactly look like a girl of summer, if you know what I mean. Anywhooo.......I hope eveyrone is having a great day........welcome to all of the newbies.......and congrats to all of the big losers this week :)

XOXO

Oh, and Joni.....thanks for the link to JM's blog. I am just so excited for her!!!

Wendelina 04-30-2007 05:03 PM

Welcome Michelle!

Nicole - you naughty girl. Drink 4 glasses of water and repent!! :-)

Joni135 04-30-2007 05:44 PM

Dan - Glad you figured out your Lite fiasco. How kind of you to give Liz the ones you don't like! There goes my perfect image of you. LOL...oh, and while I'm giving you a hard time, the Gore jokes were funny....but keep your day job!

Jason - wow 3 lbs is great...that leaves 7 you need to lose to meet your goal, right?

Tina - bad mommy........there will be sh** to pay when she starts saying that to her teachers and little old ladies in the grocery store!

Gail - WTG on the great weekend loss. BTW, I know where those pounds went!

Wendelina - don't forget, wine is fruit, so you weren't all that bad!
Quote:

confession time. Had a great weekend, but I had several beers, several glasses of wine and several vodka and cranberries.. which would put my starches at around..
Kim - it's funny, you're telling Wendy to blink, blink, blink...and here I sit blinking away. Just call me Pavlov's Dog.

Wendy - maybe if I blink a lot I'll lose two pounds, too!

Michelle - Welcome and best of luck! Juliemarie (another LAWLer) is from Portland, but she's in Hanoi at the moment adopting her precious Josie!!

Angie - well, looks like Dan doesn't want to head up the Fibre Force Team, so add that to your "to do" list.

Nicole - well, if you makes you feel any better, I had a fat boombalatty weekend too, and I didn't have any company. I think one of the secrets to being good is checking in here. Oh wait, I checked in a lot...that didn't work. I think I'll blame it on you, Kristin and Cassi. None of you checked in so my gain is all your fault. Don't I do a good job of casting blame?

I need to go research grapefruits to see if the membrane has added nutrition. I'd hate to think I was peeling away the good stuff. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Mama Nicole 04-30-2007 05:49 PM

I am quite certain that the membrane is a large part of the fiber count.......so, if you like the membrane.....might not be a bad idea to leave it alone. I love grapefruit, and have no problem with the membrane.....and yeah, so all I can think of while I am typing away here is...insane in the membrane........what the heck is that from? I, too, blame Kristen and Cassi......ok, must go out and sweat in the 90 degree weather :) Oh, let me know if you find out anything about the grapefruit membranes :)
XOXO

Angie 04-30-2007 06:19 PM

Nicole -- Insane in the Brain by Cypress Hill...I doubt I ever would have thought of that song again if you hadn't mentioned it!

For anyone doing TBL challenge, don't forget to get your weigh in posted before 10:00 tonight.

Wendelina 04-30-2007 06:45 PM

I know the white crap on the outside of an orange is good for you.. lowers cholesterol. I'd assume the same is true for grapefruit. I just don't like the bitterness of the membrane.. and we all like the word membrane, don't we??
We're all a little "insane in the membrane" Nicole. :-)

emmysmom 04-30-2007 06:59 PM

Joni - I know...the first time the Emmy says sh** to anyone but me or my DH, I'll probably want to go hide:)

I just took my DD for a 2 mile walk in her stroller. TOM is coming and I was tired before we left...now I just want to go to bed. My DH is working late and my DD has a little cold and looks like she is going to drop over as well. Maybe I can convince her to go to bed...at 7pm?...wishful thinking:)

Outside of the membrane possibly being good for you, do you think it would be okay to just drink the juice instead of eating the grapefruit?

Boo'sMom 04-30-2007 07:06 PM

Michelle--welcome! I envy your "no sweets, never have"--I LOVE sweets--guess that's why I am here!

Nicole--good to see you! No worries--I've had your weekend for a few months now--we are in this together!

Hey to you all--off to eat my measly 3 ounces of shrimp--TO is ALMOST over then I promise to be good so as not to blow all the work!

Sharon 04-30-2007 07:07 PM

Hi everyone. I have been really busy today. We are trying to make sure there is as little dust in the house as possible. My son, dil and grandchildren are coming from Colorado this next weekend and my dil is allergic to the cats and probably dust. She is always miserable but a good sport. We have two more rooms to do. It is spring anyway so it is the right time. :D

Gail, great loss! Congratulations. I bet you feel better already. I hate those plastic shoes also.

Dan, I can't imagine any site being out of lites. At least they had the variety packs for you.

Angie, I can't get over how good that recipe is. I think that even if you don't like tuna you would like this. But I don't see why you couldn't cook chicken and shred it. You could still use the curry seasoning. I don't know about the sun dried tomatoes.

Wendy, congratulations on your terrific loss. I have never lost weight during a vacation period.

Jillian, hang in there. What ever went back on will come off as long as you get back on program.

Okay, got to go. My two hairballs (Minature poodles) and demanding attention. I usually end up having a toy thrown at me if I don't cooperate with him.

Have a great evening.

SaskNewfie 04-30-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1675199)
Jason - wow 3 lbs is great...that leaves 7 you need to lose to meet your goal, right?

That depends on how you look at it...the goal to lose 10lbs off my remaining poundage? Then "no"...if it's the 10lbs to lose to change my name to KingNewfie...then "yes"...lol.

This may be the wrong attitude but, I'm not too worried about not making my May 23rd deadline...jut the fact that I now am very conscious about what I eat, means I succeeded (how do you spell succeed?). Before starting this, I'd be lucky to eat one serving of fruit each week! If I don't meet the deadline, I know I'll eventually lose the weight because of what I learned so far. I have formed quite a few good habits over the last few months. My spurts of "bad" eating is very limited...down from at least 7 times a week to probably 1. I know that if I eat properly during the week and push a little harder with exercise, I can have my wings and a couple of lite beers on the weekend! I'm forcing myself to use a type of reward system...I can't have my wings or beer unless I've been a good boy all week...lol...sounds cheesy, but I think it'll help keep me going. I need that reward...It's kind of like helping all week with chores around the house and not getting...nevermind...wrong place to discuss that!

Kimphin 04-30-2007 07:41 PM

Membrane...membrane...memmmmmbrrane... he he it's one of those words that when you say it over and over it starts to mean nothing!

Whatever - I don't like it. Not on grapefruit, not on oranges... nuthin.

Memmmmmbbbrrraaannnee.

LOL

KrispieD 04-30-2007 07:43 PM

Attention Attention: FATTY BOOMBLATTY CONFESSION:

I ATE BURGER KING LAST NIGHT!!! DH and I worked all day, kids went to bed and I was dying for some of my old favorite fast food.. ate BK ( did get the burger with no mayo) BUT my body was in turmoil all night.. no details but I woke up at 2:30 and spent the next 6 hours running to the bathroom.. message sent and received.. we were having one of our days of habit of working hard on house, sitting outside after and having a bevvie and I think my former thinking kicked in but my new body said no way girlfriend.. stick to the fish and salad.. so lesson learned and for those that had a weekend that was not up to par.. welcome to my world
PS Dan I did not put salt on anything :)

Kimphin 04-30-2007 07:47 PM

Oooh - yuck, Kristen. Well, maybe nothing stayed with you, get my drift?

Debbie367 04-30-2007 09:24 PM

You all crack me up! Love the fatty boomblatty confessions and poor Dan...he simply cannot take on the position of Potty Police too.

Nicole - You said Festivus pole...he he he he he

TO is finally over but TOM is knocking on my door. I went to he COD and I was only down 6oz. I was disappointed but I know it will show once TOM leaves. My counselor was really supportive, which helped alot. I started on the modified diet today, Purple w/lites sub a slimdown for 1 protein and 1 starch....I was really hungry this evening, it was hard to not over eat but I didn't !!! Yay for me! I even went to the rec center and walked a mile and half as fast as I could. Tomorrow I drive to Chattanooga for a couple of client meetings but I have my new handy dandy thermo lunchbox ready to roll. If my 11:30 appt wants to go out to lunch I am going to eat a small salad. That's my plan and I am sticking to it!!!

Remember...tomorrow is a new day! Good luck all!

Hugs-
Debbie

Joni135 04-30-2007 10:13 PM

Grapefruit Membrane Saga continues

Fujioka - how do you pronounce that?

Quote:

We took a group of people who had a half of a grapefruit three times a day before each meal. And, much to our surprise, without really altering their diet, they lost 3½ pounds or a pound a week without really doing anything else," Fujioka said.

Researchers said the weight loss has something to do with the grapefruit membrane.

Fujioka's theory: The grapefruit's membrane may control appetite and help regulate insulin. Eating the fruit decreased insulin's after- meal spike and, as a result, ensured that calories were processed for energy rather than for fat storage.

"It may be that the membrane has something that will give you a feeling of fullness or it has separate effect in helping with weight loss. We are not really sure," Fujioka said.

Joni135 04-30-2007 10:26 PM

Oh poor Kristen - BK is so not my choice for fast food! Hope you are feeling better. On the bright side, did you lose any weight?

Sharon - sounds like you're on a major cleaning spell. Nice of you to do that for your DIL.

Let me share a story with y'all and tell me what you think. I have a friend with really bad allergies to dog hair, cat hair, etc. I have two dogs that go in my car all the time, so when I go with this friend and offer to drive, I vacuum my car AND I go over the interior (it's not leather) with one of those lint rollers. My car looks like new. She's a smoker and I've let her smoke in my car as long as the windows are rolled all the way down (I'm not a smoker; haven't been for almost 20 year). Well the last time we went out it was raining but she smoked anyway and never even asked if it was okay; she just lit up and cracked the window about 1/2 an inch. She tried to flick her ashes out the cracked window, but most of the ashes were all over my car and it smelled for days. Needless to say, I won't be lint rolling my car for her again anytime soon. Vent over.

Mama Nicole 04-30-2007 10:49 PM

she's an ***.........and I know how that is. I was a very selfish smoker. Yeah, I always thougth I was being polite, but I am sure I was an *** too......LOL

fan4u2 04-30-2007 11:06 PM

Hi all

Just a quick post to say I was .2 today so that was a total of 4 for week 6....On to week 7 tomorrow going to be a hard week because aunt flo is also comming to visit me ( strange to see so many aunt flo's out there comming the same week lol)
Almost had a pizza sat night craving were out of control......talked myself out of it and patted myself on the back.... WTG ME!!!!!!

Night night all see you all in the may thread

bcandace 04-30-2007 11:24 PM

Down 2.2 today!!!!!

Dan2112 05-01-2007 12:22 AM

Awesome!!! Way to go!

Dan2112 05-01-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1675199)
Dan - Glad you figured out your Lite fiasco. How kind of you to give Liz the ones you don't like! There goes my perfect image of you. LOL...oh, and while I'm giving you a hard time, the Gore jokes were funny....but keep your day job!

Well, the good news is that Liz and I don't like the same kind.. So the ones she likes - lemon, smores, etc, I can't stand..

As for Gore, well.. There's absolutely nothing about him that doesn't scream to be made fun of, so I just go with my instincts... Sometimes I wish he'd just go away, but then I'd have nothing to joke about.. Oh wait.. There's always Hillary and Obama! :lol:

Hey.. If you gals can make fun of the contestants on AI, I can make fun of who I want to, right?

Boo'sMom 05-01-2007 07:13 AM

Joni--thanks for the membrane info (still an icky word!). God knows I'll try anything. So just what would be your fast food choice? I'm a Chik-fil-a nugget fan myself--yum. It's too early. Joni--you have every right to be upset (and vent--that's why we are here friend!). Nicole is right--she's an ***--and was just plain rude. You need sticker in your car that says "if you are smoking--you had better be on fire". My husband was a volunteer firefighter for years and we had one at home and it solved a lot pf problems before they came up. No use in you and your belongings stinking! My apologies to the smokers.

Nash Deb--I am so happy to see you back around--we miss you (everyone!) when you take a break. I know when I go MIA or lurk I start doing really badly.

Kristen--hope your tummy is feeling better--guess you and Sharon both had a major "house" cleaning--lol. I wish that would happen to me so it would be easier to resist temptation!

Dan--since we are in total agreement--keep on cracking jokes--lol. Really--even if I didn't agree--I'd laugh.

Well--TO was good--I was down 4.0 this am--so not normal for me and TO. I will say that I think only 2-3 are "real". Saturday night we ate BIG and I had blackened cod and I feel the spices caused the sodium level to be really high. I was definitely at an all time high Sunday morning when I started the TO. So even when I lose 10 and will still be a little higher than at my b-day last yeah--wah wah wah....

zambejaly5 05-01-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispieD (Post 1675359)
Attention Attention: FATTY BOOMBLATTY CONFESSION:

I ATE BURGER KING LAST NIGHT!!! DH and I worked all day, kids went to bed and I was dying for some of my old favorite fast food.. ate BK ( did get the burger with no mayo) BUT my body was in turmoil all night.. no details but I woke up at 2:30 and spent the next 6 hours running to the bathroom.. message sent and received.. we were having one of our days of habit of working hard on house, sitting outside after and having a bevvie and I think my former thinking kicked in but my new body said no way girlfriend.. stick to the fish and salad.. so lesson learned and for those that had a weekend that was not up to par.. welcome to my world
PS Dan I did not put salt on anything :)

yikes! that makes my stomach hurt just reading it! Next time you have a hankering for BK, try the BK Veggie, it is POP friendly and won't leave you feeling yucky and it is very yummy, (although I am not sure if all BK's carry them.)

zambejaly5 05-01-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4u2 (Post 1675675)
Hi all

Just a quick post to say I was .2 today so that was a total of 4 for week 6....On to week 7 tomorrow going to be a hard week because aunt flo is also comming to visit me ( strange to see so many aunt flo's out there comming the same week lol)
Almost had a pizza sat night craving were out of control......talked myself out of it and patted myself on the back.... WTG ME!!!!!!

Night night all see you all in the may thread

have you had pizza as a carb craver...... just a thought

zambejaly5 05-01-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1675624)
Oh poor Kristen - BK is so not my choice for fast food! Hope you are feeling better. On the bright side, did you lose any weight?

Sharon - sounds like you're on a major cleaning spell. Nice of you to do that for your DIL.

Let me share a story with y'all and tell me what you think. I have a friend with really bad allergies to dog hair, cat hair, etc. I have two dogs that go in my car all the time, so when I go with this friend and offer to drive, I vacuum my car AND I go over the interior (it's not leather) with one of those lint rollers. My car looks like new. She's a smoker and I've let her smoke in my car as long as the windows are rolled all the way down (I'm not a smoker; haven't been for almost 20 year). Well the last time we went out it was raining but she smoked anyway and never even asked if it was okay; she just lit up and cracked the window about 1/2 an inch. She tried to flick her ashes out the cracked window, but most of the ashes were all over my car and it smelled for days. Needless to say, I won't be lint rolling my car for her again anytime soon. Vent over.

No Way would I EVER let some one smoke in my car, I did not pay 40k to drive an ashtray. I want to smell new car and leather, period.

Debbie367 05-01-2007 05:52 PM

Lea Ann, Danette and Bcandance congrats on you loss!

Joni - I agree with Nicole and Lea Ann - your friend was rude. I would ask her to refrain from smoking in your car going forward...enough said!

Thanks for the kind words Lea Ann. You know when I first started LAWL I had no idea I would find this (insane in the membrane) board and I just LOVE it!! I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood, wouldn't that be fun??? This board is the reason I hung on to LAWL. I started off rocky and now I feel empowered and that's not from the COD!!! Congrats on your TO success hang in there..you will continue to do well. If I can...anyone can :-)

Today was a HUGE nsv for me...I have been on the road on client appointments and did not cheat!!! I packed my little cooler (thanks Dan!) and when we went out to lunch I had a small side salad with several glasses of cold lemon water. TOM arrived so I feel yucky but I am actually looking forward to weighing in later this week.

I hope you all are having a GREAT day!

Hugs!