3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lawl Losers And Friends - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/100822-lawl-losers-friends-january-2007-a.html)

Mama Nicole 01-13-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makena (Post 1530213)
Wow Jason! You are doing outstanding!!!!!
I am pleased about my w/i this am. I am down 1.4lbs from Thursday:) Goes to show that pre-planning makes ALL the difference to me. Now if only, I could keep up the pace....

Oh course you can. Rhonda........change your MIND girl!!! Your self dialogue needs to say, "I KNOW I can keep up the pace........look how well I've done this week!!!"

Mama Nicole 01-13-2007 05:28 PM

Hey everyone....
We had a wicked ice storm here......our power was out from 6:00 a.m. until just about a half an hour ago. Thank goodness it is back. My brother and DH are supposed to be moving my staircase today. They are going to start now, but a whole day gone........bummer. Have to run, I have a house full of company, but wanted to say hello real quick :)

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 06:34 PM

Good Evening All-

BIG Congrats to all the losers!! :carrot:

Katie - Wish I could share our warm weather!! But snuggling in jammies with a nice fire is fun too!! :sunny:

Ulanda - Hang in there. I wanted to switch plans this week also but COD decided that I should just increase my exercise....but some days I feel like I am struggling to eat all my food. Give it another week and see what happens...

Angie - Caramel Crisp is my favorite lite - do you have that or just the Choc Caramel?

Kristen - sounds like you planned well. Japanese steakhouses and hibachi grills are my fav!! ENJOY yourself tonight!! Date nights are so fun!! Congrats on your church meeting and the banana bread....I am cooking chili for the church chili cook-off tomorrow right now. How do I manage not eating at the Fellowship Lunch?

Pearl - LOVIN the fresh air!! I had some errands and such to do today and when I got home I had a clean, fresh house thanks to DD. She got a huge hug for that!!

Sask - WTG!! You are doing wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Kim (Momof3Teens) Woohooo, you deserve to pat yourself on the back!! You did it!! Awesome!!

Rhonda - You can and will do it!! Youfound what works!! :)

This is my first attempt at a long personal.....I know I missed a few wonderful people - so BIG HELLO to everyone!! I had a good day - haven't filled out my diary so need to see what I am lacking....making a nice dinner of cornish game hens, rice, and veggies....think I can even have a glass of wine with dinner!! Think I will go check......

Christine

Debbie367 01-13-2007 06:55 PM

Good evening! Wow - you guys are really losing, congratulations!!!! :cp:

Jason- LOVE the "Dickey Do" story...totally cracked me up. I've been chuckling all day. :lol:
Way to go on your loss, inches and all!!!

Dan - ^5 on the BBQ temptation. It's examples like yours that help me do the same thing...keep posting!

Katie- Hang in there - don't let your boss pull anything shady and don't sign anything unless you are 100% comfortable. 29 BELOW!?!?!? burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Angie - I went shopping today too and LOVE having a fridge full of fresh veggies and healthy choices. WTG on the Ebay purchase!

Kristen - Enjoy your 'adult' dinner! Have you searched Ebay for the lites you want?

Laurie - Welcome back!

Pearl- You will find something soon. I think it would be fun to car pool with your ODS and working at a bowling alley sounds like fun. I wonder if you can bowl for free?? Might be good exercise.

Kim - Congrats on hitting the 40lb mark!! :cheer2: You derserve a reward, maybe new clothes or a weekend trip. Treat yourself!

Christine - Yummy- Cornish game hen and rice sounds delish. I love that wine counts as a fruit on our plan :cheers:

As for me...well girls you all know I am as silly as I can be. Today I went to the COD and not only was I down 1.5 lbs but I took my camera and took a picture of my very favorite counselor, Emily!!!! I thought you all would get a kick out of it, I know I did!!!! I think the other counselors were jealous :LOL:

Oh and the other good news of the day is I lost another 2.5 inches. I know it's not much but I am totally fired up about it. It has really helped my frame of mind. I was so excited that I bought the cookbook. I think my COD was in shock because I never buy anything.

Hugs to all!

Debbie367 01-13-2007 06:55 PM

Nicole...LOVE the new avatar...You're a hottie :-)

Repo girl 01-13-2007 07:17 PM

Dang Nicole! Great picture, you are beautiful!

Makena 01-13-2007 07:31 PM

Oh Debbie, You crack me up taking a pic of your fav counsellor - that's really cute. Way to go on the loss (pounds and inches):carrot:

Nicole...You are so beautiful. Just like on the inside.:) You remind me of the kind of girl that everyone at school wanted to be friends with cuz they were so darn adorable, positive, and bubbly.:hug:

Kim, Congrats on the 40# mark!!!:carrot: A reward is definately in order.

Christine and Nicole, thanks for the encouragement - you know what? You are right, I can do it (I will say that over and over and over, then maybe it will eventually sink in..lol):dizzy:

Christine - care to send some of your warm weather my way?? I love warm weather so much more than the cold! (mind you, it has been wonderfully sunny the last couple of days....)

To everyone else - "Hi" :) , I'm not so great in the personals department, but I'm thinking of you!

I'm off to search the recipe thread for inspiration......

Prazteam 01-13-2007 08:02 PM

Okay Nicole - Go back to the other avatar! My whole household is drooling over the new one - even my pooch! :lol3:

I think we're gonna fill out the applications. ODS went in after I left and asked for an application and the same lady about fell over herself to get him one! (They know us and we have a good reputation there!)
So, we'll see what happens. We'll drop them off on Monday or Tuesday.

Jason - Way to go! You're doing great!

Momof3teens - You are too!

Christine - My windows are STILL up!!! :whoo:

Debbie - You are such a doll baby!!! I could just squeeze you (that's a big hug just in case you didn't know!) :hug:

Okay, gotta go. We're on our Jammie Sunday Eve!!!
Hugs,

Dan2112 01-13-2007 09:12 PM

Evening all..

we did our WI today and we were both down .6.. I'm a little disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things, I guess I can't complain.

Took my son to a birthday party and resisted the big bags of chips and numerous pizzas..

Of course, my daughter has friend over tonight and what did we have for dinner? Pizza... :lol:

Jason - That's a lot of loss.. I'm glad the program is working for you.. However, I would be concerned if you lost more than 5 a week.. My doctor said that losing more than that can be detrimental.. So be careful, eh?

And of course, I'm jealous... My average is 2.5 a week, so I'm cooking right along, but have been a little discouraged lately as I can't seem to really "get in gear" I'm bouncing up and down too much and it's ticking me off..

Sorry I'm kinda in a blue funk today...

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:28 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

Dinner was yummy - I measured carefully so I think I am ok. During the week DH takes care of dinner for the family, although, ODD takes turn eating at home and with DBF (dear boyfriend) - and I make my LAWL friendly dinner. Weekends I love to cook family meals.

Nicole - BEAUTIFUL picture!! :) You look so happy! I took my own picture...LOL...hard to fake a smile! Bless you and your house guests with no power!! That would have been tough.

Debbie - Mmmmm, red wine is my passion!! I opened a wonderful French wine tonight - can you say "to die for!!" You deserved the cookbook - wtg on the loss!! I think I might buy the cookbook but I am waiting for a credit to kick in....

Rhonda - Lots of sunshine to you too!! BTW, you are almost half way to goal!!! That is huge!! :) Yay for you!!

Pearl - Someday we will meet for a LAWL friendly lunch or coffee - you must be one of the sweetest people! :) You will find your calling - be patient. God gives us our gifts and you certainly have not been forgotten.....be it the bowling alley or the church it will work out.

As for everyone else, have a wonderful evening!!

:) Christine :)

twopugs 01-13-2007 09:37 PM

Wow, you are all doing so well ....:bravo:
My husband did LAWL this week with me and lost 6 pounds...can u believe it! He loves it and he is home now, so it helps because he is using the cookbook and makin' good healthy dinners. I'm only down 1 so far, but good enough for me.

For breakfast this week I changed up, I used to eat Kashi w/milk and got bored, this week I put 1 Yoplait FF yogurt with 1/2 cup Knudsen's Morning Blend Juice with Ice and 2 tsp Benefiber in the blender and drank it, ..it really held me, I wasn't hungry all morning.

I came home early from work, head is pounding, must be getting a cold or flu, so I"m in bed watching the playoffs, happy the Colt's won, now I'm hoping New Orleans wins. But the big one is tomorrow.......GO BEARS:jig:

Have a happy day!;) Lori

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:38 PM

Dan,

I am reading yor quote.......Failure isn't about falling down. Failure is staying down - Marillion......you have done so many things right - focus on that. Keep your head in the game and the "right" choices you have made. You too are so close to half way to your goal.......and you have such wise words for all of us.....remember to be nice to yourself too! Your heart health has improved dramatically - so be patient - the scale will follow.

Christine

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:44 PM

Lori - Thanks for the yogurt tip. I typically eat yoplait yogurt with frozen fruit (no sugar) and Fiber One or All Bran. I can pack that easily. On the weekend I might try the smoothie though - yum-o!! :)

twopugs 01-13-2007 09:47 PM

Christine-
Sure, hope you like it, I loved it, I can drink it in my car on the way to work. I can't eat cereal while I drive so that gives me an extra 10 mins in the morning! Lazy me in the mornin'
:o

BusyBee3 01-13-2007 09:58 PM

Lori - What a good point!! I didn't even think about that - I could throw it in the blender while I am packing my lunch and drink and drive..( ;) ) DH just got me a new travel cup too.... :)

Thanks again!