Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

buy yourself an indoor video tape. Personally, I just wear my pedometer and challenge myself to walk more than 10k steps per day. Although I want cardio and strength training, I still feel the object of the game is to eat less calories and move more (eat less, move more). It is 4:30pm and my pedometer says I've made 13,400 steps so far. That's just from reminding myself to get up off my butt as many times during the day as possible (doesn't happen on my days off..lol). I also believe going to the gym one day a week is one day a week more than I went last year. It's improvement rather than perfection.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #17  
Jess

S/C/G: 226/219/150

Height: 5'4

Default Thanks Terina

Thanks for you kind words, it is a really rough time and I couldn't have read them at a better time. Once everything is settled, I'll get back on the wagon Thanks again and take care, Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielab'smom
Jess, I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's father. I know how stressful it can be. Please take care of yourself and I'll remember you and your boyfriend in my prayers.

(((((Terina))))))
That's me sending you hugs
shyheart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:07 AM   #18  
Jess

I need to vent and I hope you don't mind....if it isn't enough stress dealing with the death of my future father-in-law, sometime today, my boyfriend's house was broke into and he was robbed blind. How could anyone be so heartless to do something like that when someone is trying to deal with the death of their father. It's really hard not to run to the fridge and just drown my grief in food.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I doubt they knew his personal crisis, but you are right it seems when it rains it pours. Ever notice that?

For us we were having to deal with a job loss, a move across country (for new job), old house not selling, trying to pay for both, getting newly diagnosed as bipolar, debt from trying to stay afloat during the time, my grandfather dying, my mother trying to commit suicide and threathening to burn my grandmother's house down, my sister needing CPS to do something with her kids (but being helpless that they won't) and now we are evaluating my toddler for speech.

Rewind 2 years ago. Had a child in the middle of getting my education, wouldn't sleep (long story), started with dx of post partum depression, surgery to remove blood clot, MIL/SIL/FIL all moved in with us because they were broke (but wouldn't help us with the kids when I needed it), serious sleep deprivation issues, and husband got a huge pay cut.

Not to say my life is bad, just that when it rains it pours.

Right now treat yourself well, take care of what needs to be taken care of. Keep things in moderation but don't beat yourself up if you diet isn't on your priority list for the moment. Don't let a slip or pause turn into forever though.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #20  
Jess

Default Re:

Things are trying to look up....Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart
I doubt they knew his personal crisis, but you are right it seems when it rains it pours. Ever notice that?

For us we were having to deal with a job loss, a move across country (for new job), old house not selling, trying to pay for both, getting newly diagnosed as bipolar, debt from trying to stay afloat during the time, my grandfather dying, my mother trying to commit suicide and threathening to burn my grandmother's house down, my sister needing CPS to do something with her kids (but being helpless that they won't) and now we are evaluating my toddler for speech.

Rewind 2 years ago. Had a child in the middle of getting my education, wouldn't sleep (long story), started with dx of post partum depression, surgery to remove blood clot, MIL/SIL/FIL all moved in with us because they were broke (but wouldn't help us with the kids when I needed it), serious sleep deprivation issues, and husband got a huge pay cut.

Not to say my life is bad, just that when it rains it pours.

Right now treat yourself well, take care of what needs to be taken care of. Keep things in moderation but don't beat yourself up if you diet isn't on your priority list for the moment. Don't let a slip or pause turn into forever though.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #21  
35lbs gone by 5/14

S/C/G: 235/230/135

Jess,
It's good to hear from you, I've been thinking about you. I hope things are beginning to turn around.

Terina
katielab'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #22  
Jess

Thanks Terina...Everyone is slowly adjusting to the fact that Gene isn't here anymore and me and my boyfriend got to spend a pretty peaceful weekend together. We went and looked at rings this weekend and it made it seem more real and worth getting back on track and sticking with my diet. I know with determination, i'm one step closer to beating the battle of the bulge Take care, Jess

Quote:
Jess,
It's good to hear from you, I've been thinking about you. I hope things are beginning to turn around.

Terina
Old 02-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #23  
Jess

Well sorry I haven't been on lately been trying to keep busy and alot has been going on. On a good note, I'm finally getting off my butt and moving. We took the kids skating for 3 hours Friday and about 5 hours Saturday and had a blast. I can sure tell I have been sitting on my butt because I was sore the next day but I think I've found the way to exercise and keep me moving. We are planning on going again tomorrow evening. I had alot of fun and the soreness was worth the thoughts of knowing I'm making a difference in my body. Take care, Jess
Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #24  
35lbs gone by 5/14

S/C/G: 235/230/135

When it's fun, you sorta forget it's exercise. It's getting warmer here, so I'm hoping by the middle of March I can start working on my flower beds, so they'll ready when it time to set out the plants. I like to garden, and bending and stretching is good for me, and I get a pretty yard out of it I'm glad you are doing better. It's good to hear from you. Take care.

Terina
katielab'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #25  
Jess

Another evening of skating and loving it...I forgot how much fun it is to just feel like a kid. From 6-8:30...I can feel the fat melting off me with the 1068 calories it burnt Can't wait until Saturday to hopefully do it again

Quote:
When it's fun, you sorta forget it's exercise. It's getting warmer here, so I'm hoping by the middle of March I can start working on my flower beds, so they'll ready when it time to set out the plants. I like to garden, and bending and stretching is good for me, and I get a pretty yard out of it I'm glad you are doing better. It's good to hear from you. Take care.

Terina

Last edited by shyheart01; 03-01-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

I love Dasani flavored water. Lemon is the best
vaughnc5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #27  
Jess

Hi again everyone, just wanted to stop in a say hey and let you know that I'm keeping up with the skating, still loving it. We went skating Saturday night and almost 5 hours of skating burned a whopping 2029 calories. Hard to believe something so fun could be good for you. We are planning on going tonight so another 1068 calories should be burned. Take care, Jess
Old 03-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #28  

Default Water, Water, Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyheart01
Ok everyone is talking about drinking alot of water.....any suggestions on how to make it taste better? I hate water and as of right now, I only drink Mountain Dew(which I know isn't good) and Tea(sweetened of course) I want something with flavor, water just makes me feel bloated and blah lol.

Hey Shy! I'm the same way with water (although I'm trying!!!!) I need the caffeine from pop, not being a coffee drinker; but to help with the water, I've found flavored water from "Wally World". There are several yummy flavors and they aren't too pricey!! I love them and can sometimes trick myself into thinking I'm drinking a coke!!!

Hope that helps!!
flabby gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #29  

Jess- So nice to "meet" you! I am doing the sugarbusters WOE and I'm still learning, but have taken off about 13 lbs so far! My kids are 11 and 13 and both have metabolic syndrome. They also follow the same plan. It is basically high protein/ high fiber/ low starchy carbs. They are allowed to have brown rice and multigrain pastas which are surprisingly good. I also make sandwich rolls with ww flour in my breadmaker and they love them! You could combine your adkins diet and add in some healthy carbs for them!
ThinWithin225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #30  
Jess

I hit wallyworld myself and found SF strawberry Great Value Crystal light. It is good, no calories, no fat nothing but 20mg of sodium. My BP runs low so the sodium isn't an issue. Each container makes 64oz and there are 6 tubs in each container and it was right around 2.00. Not bad seeing I was drinking about 6 bottles of Dew at least a day. I have been trying to cut my Mountain dew down to 1-24oz bottle a day until I can wean myself off it completely. One thing that has helped is after I drink the dew in the morning, I was the bottle out and fill it with the strawberry drink that has been in the fridge. Kinda like a mind over matter thing. Guess we triumph with each day by learning from our yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flabby gabby
Hey Shy! I'm the same way with water (although I'm trying!!!!) I need the caffeine from pop, not being a coffee drinker; but to help with the water, I've found flavored water from "Wally World". There are several yummy flavors and they aren't too pricey!! I love them and can sometimes trick myself into thinking I'm drinking a coke!!!

Hope that helps!!