Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:51 AM   #16  
Smile to hide the tears

WOW alright, the more we have the better. Sorry I didn't get back sooner..... the emails saying people replied were going to my spam mail.

Well lets see, are you all game for swaping emails and maybe home addresses so we can send little notes, cards, pictures etc. to each other.... if so... PM ME with your name email and(if you are comfortable doing so) your home address, and I'll make a list and send it out to everyone.

I'm leaving monday for Vegas and will be home on the 23. So, if you want to take part email me by then. When I get home, I'll make the list and send it out!

Edit: thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by queenstacey; 07-17-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #17  

First name: Amber
Geographical location:Missouri
Marital Status: Single, but have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 2 years
Children/Ages: None
Occupation: Unemployed at the moment, going to start nursing school in fall of 2006
Pets: None
Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, hanging out with friends, watching TV, walking...
Height: 5'7"
Eye/Hair Color: green
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 11th
Starting Weight: 164
Present Weight: 163.5
Goal Weight: 135-140
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthy. I love ice cream and all that type of stuff...but I'm doing well so far!
Following any specific plan: Watching my calorie and fat intake, and also my carbs,but not on a low-carb diet. I'm also trying to eat more fruits and vegetables instead of always going for highly processed food.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have to lose the weight, and work out becasue I will be leaving for Basic Training in 5 1/2 months, and I want to be thinner to make it eastier on me.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #18  

First nameina
Geographical location:Kentwood,Michigan
Marital status:Married
Children:Son Ryan age 12 daughter Felicia age5
Pets:none
Hobbies:Like to read,meet new people,walk,crochet,cook.
height:5'9"
eye/haircolor:Hazel eyes and hair color is strawberryblonde.
Starting day of weight loss:Feb.25th 2005
starting weight:202.5
present weight:184
goal weight:145
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:When it's tom I eat alot of chocolate and drink alot of pop which now with health issue pop is now resticted to caffiene free and no chocolate it has caffiene in it.
Following any specific plan:Weight watchers at home .
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I seem to be drinking more water than before which is good for me.I eat more fruit and veggies as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

queenstacey--you may want to edit your last post to remove your email address. Reading the rules and stuff around here, they do not recommend posting your email address on the boards because you can get a LOT of spam mail that way. It would probably be better for us to all just send you our email addresses through private messages, then you can collect them and email them all out to us. Lovin' this group idea, so I just don't want you to have any negative side effects from it

First name: Jill
Geographical location: Northern Virginia (outside of DC)
Marital Status: Never been married, but have been dating Jeff for over a year a 4 months now (but who's counting? )
Occupation: Technical Editor/Proofreader for a huuuuuuuge corporation--I specifically work on Encironmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) documents
Pets: none right now but should be getting a cat when Jeff and I move in together in October
Hobbies/Interests: music (listening, singing, writing lyrics), movies (especially scary ones!), road trips, reading/writing on 3FC, checking stuff out on thefacebook.com, sleeping, working multiple jobs
Height: 5'5"
Eye/Hair Color: brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: my entire life, but really seriously around March this time around
Starting Weight: 310.5
Present Weight: 287.5
Goal Weight: 150
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: time! I work 2 jobs, so I have very little time for cooking and exercising, so I have to SQUISH everything into my schedule in any possible waking moment
Following any specific plan: I was just counting calories, but it got to be too much counting for me, so I am now doing the Idiot Proof Diet (basically high-protein, lots of fruits and veggies, 4 meals a day)
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have actually lost more than 5 pounds before giving up! But seriously, at this age, I have many more reasons than ever before to want to lose the weight and get healthier
Anything else you would like to share with us: my favorite color is purple (could you tell?)
Old 07-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #20  

Default Buddy Group (count Me In)

First name: AMY
Geographical location: TN
Marital Status: MARRIED 6 YEARS IN AUG
Children/Ages: 2 BOYS- AGES 5 & 3
Pets: SMOKEY (DOG) 2- FROGS DASH & KERMY
Hobbies/Interests: WORKING OUT, CAMPING, LAKE, JUST HAVING FUN .....
Height: 5'6
Eye/Hair Color: BLUE/BLONDE
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: SEEMS NEVERENDING... SB START DATE 7/17/05
Starting Weight: 190
Present Weight: 190
Goal Weight: MINI GOAL 175 ACTUAL GOAL 160-ISH
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: HUSBAND- HE EATS ALL THE WRONG FOODS. HE IS GETTING READY TO START TRYING TO LOSE WHICH WILL HELP ME!!
Following any specific plan: TRIED ALL IN THE PAST
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: BEING READY- TO SEE SOME RESULTS
Anything else you would like to share with us: I THINK HAVING A SUPPORT TEAM AND SHARING GREAT IDEAS AND RECIPES CAN HELP US REACH OUR GOALS.

Last edited by AMYC; 07-16-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 AM   #21  
Smile to hide the tears

First name: Stacey
Geographical location: Central California
Marital Status: boyfriend of 3 years
Children/Ages: seems like I have a ton (I babysit) but none of my own
Pets: Cat=Tigger Turtle= Bubba-worm
Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, shopping
Height: 5'6"
Eye/Hair Color: Green/ Auburn
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'll need to restart after I get back from Vegas on the 23rd.
Starting Weight: 200
Present Weight: 195
Goal Weight: 150
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm not hungry
Following any specific plan: Not really, haven't found one that works
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'll have support....
Anything else you would like to share with us: I am totally commited to supporting you, any type of support you need I'll be there..... )
Old 07-17-2005, 02:46 AM   #22  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Smile Hi All

It's so good to see people wanting to join in and give/get support! I can't wait to "meet" you all and I hope we have lots of fun!!!

Stacey-Have fun in Vegas! I have lived in Northern Nevada off and on for 8 years but I have never been to Vegas, maybe soon I can talk hubby into taking a trip down there! Remember-What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but the weight will come home with you!!! We went to Reno(2 1/2 hours from home) last weekend and I came home with 3 pounds! Next time I will try eating a large salad before heading for the "good" stuff!!

Well, time to get myself in bed! Hubby is on nights and I have a bad habit of staying up too late! My 2 yo likes for me to sleep in so he can get into things, but I gotta get up!!! Good Night!!

Kathy
Old 07-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #23  

First name: Teresa
Geographical location: Vaughan, Mississippi
Marital Status: Married (5yrs.)
Pets: Dogs (about 8 beagles) hubby hunts
Hobbies/Interests: fishing, reading, surfing the net
Height: 5'4''
Eye/Hair Color: brown/black
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7-6-05
Starting Weight: 267
Present Weight: 264
Goal Weight: 220 (first mini goal)
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Following any specific plan: just cutting and counting calories and exercising
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm very unhappy with myself, and I feel if I don't do it this time after so many failures in the past, that I will gain even more weight and be miserable the rest of my life.
Anything else you would like to share with us: just looking forward to chatting with everyone!!
If there's anything else you guys want to know, feel free to ask!!!

Last edited by teresa1222; 07-17-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #24  
Smile to hide the tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfrog
It's so good to see people wanting to join in and give/get support! I can't wait to "meet" you all and I hope we have lots of fun!!!

Stacey-Have fun in Vegas! I have lived in Northern Nevada off and on for 8 years but I have never been to Vegas, maybe soon I can talk hubby into taking a trip down there! Remember-What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but the weight will come home with you!!! We went to Reno(2 1/2 hours from home) last weekend and I came home with 3 pounds! Next time I will try eating a large salad before heading for the "good" stuff!!

Well, time to get myself in bed! Hubby is on nights and I have a bad habit of staying up too late! My 2 yo likes for me to sleep in so he can get into things, but I gotta get up!!! Good Night!!

Kathy

Kathy,

LOL I LOVE your vegas saying that's great. Thanks so much I'm hoping that the 115 weather won't be as bad as everyone is telling me and the hotel monorails are open and working LOL.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Hi let me introduct my self too.
Marital status: Married for 40 years this August
Children/ages: I have one son and 2 adorable grandchildren
Pets: We have a Shih Tzu dog named Benny dog (you'd never guess the kids named him would you?)
Hobbies: I love to read, I collect antique glass and estate jewelry
eye/hair color: Green eyes/dishwater blond hair
Starting weight:135
Present weight: 116
Goal weight: 115
Biggest hurdle: Changing old habits, like eating at night!
Following any specific plan: No, just watching the calories and eating healthy
What is the difference this time: I'm tired of the yo-yo!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #26  

I'd like to join if it's still possible. I'm just starting my diet , I'm 22 years old, married and living in Miami florida. I'm about 220 looking for some supprt and friends and motivation to keep me going.
I always tend to give up alot.....
Old 07-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #27  

Can't get too much support right? Would love to join in too.

First name: Melissa
Geographical location: Washington State
Marital Status: divorced
Children/Ages: Girl 22, Boy 9, raising two granchildren ages 22mo and almost 3yrs
Occupation: Was going to college I am home-who has time for anything else?
Pets: Bird named Batty as he hanges upside down like a bat and opens his wings while swinging and fish who we call fish
Hobbies/Interests: walking, reading, avid movie watcher except scary ones, gardening
Eye/Hair Color: green/brown but getting grayer by the minute
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12th July 2004
Starting Weight: 250
Present Weight: 240
Goal Weight: Right now-230, I am doing 10lb mini goals, ultimate goal 122
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out of boredom or stress or just cause I like it
Following any specific plan: WW points
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: If I want to keep walking I have to lose weight. Degernative arthritis in my spine and the added stress doesn't help and I want to be around for a long time-got too many kids counting on me and who need me to be here and I would just like to look like the real me again.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I am happy I found this board and I am here to chat with just about always. Going out for me is a major production so I don't do it unless it is necessary LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #28  

Count me in!

First name: Marche
Geographical locationexas
Marital Status: Happily Married (3 years)
Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 20 months old
Pets: None
Hobbies/Interests: Belly Dance, surfing the net, shopping.
Height: 6 foot
Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Beginning of June 05
Starting Weight: 204
Present Weight: 191
Goal Weight: around 165 would be awesome!
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control!
Following any specific plan: No, just eating sensibly, portion control. Waiting for my Richard Simmons Foodmover to come in the mail. I am having a hard time with not eating enough through the day, and I want to make sure I get the daily values my body needs. Working out 6 days a week, belly dance twice a week.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more committed this time around, and becoming more knowledgeable and not doing Yo-Yo dieting.
Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't wait to be a part of a supportive group!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #29  

Thumbs up Hello! Count me in!

Hi! I just joined yesterday, but this is my first opportunity to post. I too am interested in a newbie group. The idea to provide some general info is a good one. In March 2004 I shifted my focus mostly to eating vegetables, and that was what really started my weight loss. My weight loss is continuing nicely, and I know support and contact is very helpful too.

Geographical location: Denver, Colorado
Marital Status: Happily Married (27 years)
Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 1 son, both adults
Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog
Hobbies/Interests: Laughing, travel, flower gardening, writing, organic eating
Height: 5'5"
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde-grey-silver
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2004
Starting Weight: 201
Present Weight: 161
Goal Weight: 135
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: maintain healthy food choices
Following any specific plan: large quantities of vegetables, some fuit, balance of grains, proteins, healthy oils
Old 07-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #30  
one pound at a time

Talking

I would love to join this. I could use as much suport as I can get.

First name: Leslie
Geographical location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marital Status: Married for almost 3 yrs
Children/Ages: Tyler 3.5
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading, camping, crafts, spending time with my family
Height: 5'9
Eye/Hair Color: Hazels eyes and alburn hair
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: re committed May 31
Starting Weight: 310
Present Weight: 295
Goal Weight: 160
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying focused and getting back on when I've fallen off
Following any specific plan: WW flex points
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More determination, I quit smoking a year ago, so I know if I can do that then I can lose weight too.
Anything else you would like to share with us: Just looking forward to getting to know alot of you.