Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #1  

Default New here

Hi everyone, I have been lurking and now joined. Im on my way to a better me. I really look forward to sharing stories with others in my same shoes for a change. Im married and have 2 kids and have been overweight for some time now. I started on Dec 26th 2004 with my changing my life. I also joined curves and go 6 days a week. I started at 258 and now Im down to 239. My goal as you see is to get back to what I was when I married 13 years ago. I don't follow any diet in particular just watch what I eat, I cut my carbs and gave up anything sweet, gave up soda, gave up caffein (drink Decaf coffee now) I very very rarely eat any bread. Im eating chicken, beef and tuna and LOTS OF SALAD. Im taking daily vitamins and I enjoy a nice protein shake in the Morning. I geared myself up to change about 5 weeks before christmas. IM the kind of person that when I set my mind to it I DO IT. I quit cold turkey smoking 1 1/2 year ago after smoking for 18 years. IM FEELING GREAT and LOOK so forward to buying that suit this summer.

Thanks for the great support site.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:02 AM   #2  
crazy4my6kidz

Talking Hi Kelly

Hi Kelly, Congratulations on the -19#!
My name is Kathy and we are almost at the same place. I started at 272, now at 234 and I would like to get to 160. I also quit smoking cold turkey 3 years ago this April 3 after 18 years. I spent 1/2 my life smoking and gaining weight, now all I want to do is get healthy for myself and my kids! I am married-18 years this June, and I have 6 kids-girls 19, 11, 9 and 4 and boys 17 and 2. My oldest daughter graduated and moved to Washington and my oldest son is going to school in Oregon, so only the youngest 4 are still home.

I've been here a few months and was part of a group that posted regularly but it seems almost everyone has fallen away. There's only 2 or 3 of us left. They say most people break thier new years resolutions by Jan. 24th, I think it's true! But I'm keeping on! I hope we can get lots of new people to join us on this journey. We need all the help and encouragement we can get! I'm going to start a new thread, just don't know what to name it! But I'll let you know! I hope you'll join us!
Peace,
Kathy
Old 02-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  
crazy4my6kidz

Default New Thread

Hi Kelly, me again! I made a new thread, I hope you will join us! Just click on this link-- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...497#post771497
Hope to see you there!
Peace,
Kathy
Old 02-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #4  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Kelly.. IM new here too!! This is a wonderful site...I just recently joined Curves...Do you like it??
I'm excited about starting tomorrow...I don't know if I will go "6" times a week...but I do hope to work up to that...
Keep up the great work...and Congrats on your 19 pounds LOST!!
YOU GO GIRL!!
Selena
Old 02-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #5  

Thank you so much for the welcome and sorry it took so long to get back, I have been VERY busy lately and have company coming soon as well. Im still doing my curves and Down 2 more lbs. I love doing the curves it is a great stress relief as well. Look forward to keeping up with you all.
Closed Thread