Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #1  

Cool New To Forums, Starting Today

Hello. My name is Chloe. I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm 22. I'm 5'3". I'm currently 156.5 pounds and 37% body fat. My goal is to lose down to 125 pounds and reduce my percent body fat to around 22%. I have been fluctuating up and down for about four years now. The weight on the scale this morning is my highest weight ever.

I recently graduated from college. I have a degree in finance, with a minor in marketing. I'm applying to grad school in the spring, to start working on my MBA.

I have a boyfriend. His name is Jack. He could be "the one," but I don't know yet. We've been together for about a year. He's a head hunter (finds people for jobs). He travels a good bit.

No kids, no pets (I'm allergic to both, ha.) I haven't worked out on a regular basis since my freshman year of college. I plan to go check out a local gym at lunch. A girl that I work with suggested LA Fitness, which is near my work and my apartment. She suggests I get a personal trainer, but I'm not sure about that. Jack's pretty fit, I may just ask him what I should start with.

I'm looking for a support network. I haven't dieted in a long time, so suggestions on 'what to eat' and 'what not to eat' would be helpful!

Thanks

Old 11-30-2004, 06:22 PM   #2  

Heya!

I'm from England. I'm 20 and I'm in my last year of uni studying philosophy and politics. Chicks up for a challenge is a cool group with regular posting. I've lost 22lb calorie counting which is a good way to diet. Even if you don't wanna do it all the time it's worth paying more attention to labels and stuff.

Dill
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

hi i'm sy 22 from England i've lost 70lb's via excersise well at one point i lost 90lb but i dislocated my shoulder twice which stopped the excersise for a bit and i put on a bit lol. i'm off to uni in september to study sports science and coaching. thing is with personal trainers is that they are expensive and well if your not really commited to losing weight then it will seem like **** when your training and if you are really committed to losing weight then you don't really need a personal trainer cos your that hyped about doing it yourself. most gyms have trainers in them that will do excersise and nutrition plans with you. i read this quote somewhere from a personal trainer that said i may be someones personal trainers 1 hour a day but they must be motivated and make the good choices for the other 23hours a day
Old 11-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

dill nice pic
Old 12-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #5  
Building my Body for Life

Hi Chloe, We have a lot in common. I'm Jocelyn, 24 years old (25 in March). I currently live in West Virginia but I'm from the wonderful state of Kentucky. I, too, graduated with a business degree and I currently work in Marketing. I have finished 2 part-time semesters of the MBA program and I'm currently taking some time off from school.

I'm also allergic to kids. My husband, Shane, is allergic to pets, which is unfortunate for me. We were married in July of this year.

Anyway, I'm looking to lose 15-20 pounds. If you're interested in emailing, let me know. I also post in the 20-somethings thread. There are lots of nice people there.

Have a great day!
Jocelyn
Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #6  
Firefly

Default Hi

Hi Chloe-
I am looking to lose about 30 pounds also. I am also on the petite height side - 5"0! I have a membership to an all women's gym and really like going there. I have worked with a trainer before and it is nice to have somebody show you how to properly do all the exercises and to help you develop a program that works just for you. If you don't want to go that route, get some books and read up!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Cindy
Closed Thread