Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #1  
Total Sass Bucket

Default Starting Something Different

Hi all,
I'm new to the buddy up dept here but not to 3FC. I used to hang out in the Atkins area. However, after about 3 months on Atkins, I no longer felt healthy. So, this past summer I stopped Atkins and then sustained a back injury. Over the course of the summer I gained all my weight back. It's still sometimes hard for me to work out, but I'm going to try to get back into the ballgame.
I imagine my weight is in the upper 190's and I would love to get down to about 150. If anyone is interested in being my buddy, I would just love that!
Old 09-25-2004, 04:21 AM   #2  

Hi Rhonda,
Im kelly. I also am new to 3fc. Unfortunately I have 150 pounds to lose, but I know I can do it if I could just not get bored and hungry.
I did Atkins for a bit and had a little success, but all I could think of was those breads I really wanted to eat.
Email me if you want to talk.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #3  

Hi Rhonda, I've been on the site for about a month and a half and its been a great support system. I'm really focusing on lifestyle change rather than diet. Since I started near the start of August I've lost seventeen pounds by exercising and counting calories. I usually eat a variety of dairy, meat (some), cheese, fruits, veggies and a little bit of bready foods each day. I determined that 1500 calories would be a good amount for me each day by finding out the number of calories I need to maintain my desired weight of 150 which is about 1900 and then subtracting a few to get the ball rolling. I have not eaten any sweets like ice cream or desserts or had any alcohol since I started this. I must say that I'm feeling terrific and I feel like I'm learning a lot on this journey. I wish you well. I mainly check in to the "check-in" thread and "ISO" thread. There's a lot of support at both those sites. Sometimes I check into other sites to get new ideas and momentum. I'm sorry about your back injury and hope that you are feeling a bit better now. I wish you luck on this renewed journey. Take care.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:17 PM   #4  

OOps I forgot to add:
sw 210
cw 193 (next weigh in 9/30 - I weigh in twice a month)
gw 150
mini goal - 180 by 12/31//running a road race by 11/21 - I can only run one mile now.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #5  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Gday Rhonda and kelly I,m Julie I,m new to 3fc as well been here for almost 2wks about the same time I decided to give weight loss another go I,m 46 live downunder hey Rhonda it,s great you,ve jumped back into it sorry to hear about your back injury and the weight coming back is,nt that a bummer you lose it and it finds you again and brings friends, but if you eat well and don,t push yourself to the point where your in pain I know you,ll get there , Kelly what,s this unfortunately I,ve got 150lbs to lose IT,S NOT THE JOURNEY THATS IMPORTANT IT,S THE DESTINATION slow and steady and small goals at a time and think how great you,ll feel when you get there, I also post on Daily check in some great people there they make you feel right at home. Hi tired good to hear your doing well WOW17lbs lost in under 2mths that is great you should be proud of yourself even without being able to get in any exercise lately you,ve been holding out on me I started at 172 2wks ago and am down to 166lbs getting there clothes getting loose so I tend to listen to them more than the scales I,ts great to hear your all doing so well keep it up bye for now JULIE
Closed Thread