Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #1  

Default New Here

Hello,

I just joined today. Seems to be a very informative community. I need to drop about 35 lbs and keep it off! I do not eat sweets and have not had a soda since May 27th! Just some small changes I am making to try to help the weight loss along. It is hard and a daily struggle. I am looking forward to reading all the forums and getting caught up on the community. Thanks for letting me be a part of 3FC!
Old 07-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #2  
honourary nutcase

S/C/G: 238/234/196

Height: 5'10"

hey there. are you following any sort of diet or eating?

lauren
Old 07-27-2004, 12:41 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome!

Congrats on the life changes! You are taking the first steps in the right direction! You will have those 35 pounds off in no time!

We are glad to have you with us!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:53 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome. My eating plan consists of lots of veggies & fruits, I do have carbs but whole grain ones mostly and in limited amounts, along with protiens. I try to eat 5-6 small meals per day so as not to pig out. I would like a really good plan to follow. I have tried them all and cannot seem to stick with the foods on them. I did Atkins for 9 months, lost lots of inches and about 15 lbs, but as soon as I started eating carbs again, it came back and then some. The weight is so slow to come off.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:01 PM   #5  

Girl, you seem to have it all together. Sounds like a great eating plan. I was always taught to be leary of diets that eliminate particular food groups, that some of all the groups is best. I think you have your eating plan well planned out, do you do any type of exercise? ANyway welcome to the site, look forward to hearing from you often. God Bless.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:00 AM   #6  

You know I really hate to exercise! I have started back riding my exercise bike. I made it 12 whole minutes last night! I am so outta shape. I have a pup who would love to go for a walk each afternoon, but after work and getting dinner, I really just do not want to. We also have afternoon rain in Florida, so I guess I use that as an excuse most times.

About the only foods I eliminate are the sugars, but I also use portion control which is not hard to do if I manage to eat every 3-4 hours. That afternoon mini meal is hard to do most days, but I have found if I skip it, then I am starving by dinner and want to eat more than I should. It just seems the scale does not want to budge. Thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy reading the posts. It kind of puts it into perspective when I realize other folks have the same struggles as I do.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:11 PM   #7  

It is hot and muggy here and we have afternoon showers too. My husband and I get up at 4:30 to walk with our dog. We get up that early for 2 reasons: 1. It's not as hot and 2. If we don't walk that early we will be late for work. And when we don't walk I feel guilty because I know how much my dog loves it, she would rather be walking with us than anything else in the world. Anyway good luck and God Bless.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #8  

Good for you! I wish I was that motivated, but I just cannot get out that early. My husband leaves for work at 6:45 and I leave at 7:30. My husband does not like to walk much since he is on his feet all day at work. I think once I can stay on the bike for 20-30 minutes then I will switch off with walking. I admire all the motivated people on the forums.
Closed Thread