Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #1  

Default Need a Buddy 29/f with 50 lbs to lose!

HI. My name is Laurie and I do not want to waste what little time I have left in my 20's (Im 29) being overweight. I am tired of the way I look and need a new diet. I have been on everything and read everything. I just sort of go off my diet when my husband does. If he says lets eat pizza, I say ok. I know I am strong. I have will power. I actually like exercise once I get started. I just would like to meet someone else that has this challenge. I would buddy with my hubby but he always ends up losing way more than me (even faster) and I get discouraged. I would like to meet someone like me.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #2  

oooh, I LOVE weddings. I helped plan friends and relatives weddings in the past. If you need any help let me know. I have lots of tips about party favors and so forth.

With the weight thing- I hear ya. My husband and I moved fron New Hampshire (where my family is) to Phoenix about a year and a half ago. The weather is really hot here in the summer and I cant just get out and do all the normal summer activities I used to do in the summer. I have an exercise bike and a bunch of tapes and weights. I am trying to do this every day. The hard part is eating. A month ago, a friend of mine moved in with us so that he could re-locate here also. It is really hard to stay on a diet with my husband around (he eats really junkie stuff- wings, pizza, anything covered in cheese- you get my drift) and now with Tim here too- I am going a little crazy. We all eat at different times and the smells of all the food cooking all the time make it hard to say, "no thanks, I just going to munch on this healthy salad" The really hard part is re-training my taste buds because I dont really like salad. I dont like alot of veggies and all the healthy food is loaded with that stuff. I think I heard on Oprah that nothing tastes as good as thin feels and I am using that as my mantra. Every time I want to load up on fatty food, I think those words. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesnt.
As a suggestion for you and your friend- Maybe you could just not go to restaurants with her. Maybe you could go shopping or put together wedding favors or if you have to eat out somewhere while you are out shopping pick a salad bar place. When my husband and friend, Tim, are eating- I leave the room. I cant smell it or I will give in. Just a thought.

Well, Good luck on the wedding. I would love to hear back from you again to see how you are doing.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #3  

Thanks so much! I think that this group really will help. And, I will be here to return the favor to someone else.

So- this english fiancee? What is he like? What colors did you pick for the wedding? What does your dress look like? DETAILS!!! Keep in mind I love this stuff and now that I am married, I have to live through other people.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #4  

Sounds great. I had a small wedding and it was beautiful. Got married on the beach and had a reception. It was beautiful. I work in the fine art printmaking arena. My company sells watercolor paper and canvas to businesses that have wide format printers for fine art reproduction. I did my entire wedding album in watercolor and it is really beautiful. One of my friends wanted a watercolor matte for a picture of her and her husband. They used it as a guestbook and framed it. If you guys want to do something like that it have a few prints made, let me know. I can have the guys here do it in the office. I like black and whites with a touch of color. So dramatic.
Closed Thread