Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #1  
divorced mother of 5

Default looking for a buddy

Hello All! I am actually having a pretty good day compared to most...I am recently divorced, have 5 children, and need to lose the excess from the last one. I am only going for about 30 lbs and I know that dont sound like much but after having 5 kids one right after the other it wont budge!!! Anyway just found your website and thought I would say hi. HI!!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW=145/CW=132/GW=125

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Just found this site this morning. I have a 3 yr old and have lost 7 lbs so far.I am now 141,looking forward to 125. I workout at home with videos weights and a stationary bike 5 days a week. I run a small home daycare so chasing after kids keeps me going,too. AnywayI,too,am looking for support. Congrats,mammafrog, on your newest addition, and I'm sorry for your divorce.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #3  
divorced mother of 5

Hello! Please do not be sorry about my divorce, let me give you a breif explaination...let me start from the first kid so you can understand where I started. When I was in high school I was very athletic, on every sports team. I weighed 125-130lbs. I dropped out of school at 15 because I was pregnant with my daughter. After she was born I quickly went back to 130lbs. I then had the boys 13 months apart and was stuck at about 140. So now I have my 3 oldest kids, weigh 140, and I am single again. I was very happy at that point. Then I met my husband...Mr. Wonderful or so I thought...lol. He quickly decided that I should move in with him, quit my job and let him take care of me and my babies. Well I was in some fantasy land for a while and agreed. It lasted about 2 months before I started getting beat up. We ended up getting married and the abuse just got worse. It was physical, emotional, economical, and verbal. Well I had decided that I was ready to move on and that he could not be helped when I found out I was pregnant with my 4th child. So I felt stuck again. After she was born he became VERY abusive to my older children, I called my OB and asked for help and she called childrens protective services. Well they came and took the kids from me. So I got depressed and he promised he would make things better and I ended up pregnant again. Well, I came to my senses when I found out I was pregnant with the last one. I filed for a divorce and moved out of his house. I have now been divorced about 4 months. The baby is 3 weeks old. And I have a long uphill court battle to have the 5 children returned to my care. So right now I am at about 175lbs. It would be silly to expect to go back to what I was before all these kids but I think that 150 is a pretty reasonable goal. Needless to say i think my biggest problem is I am still somewhat depressed over losing my children so I just sit here and eat. I need to find some local activity group to get involved with and meet some local friends. Anyway I know I said I was going to be brief so I guess that is it for now.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  

hi all. Just stumble upon this site. Glad I found it. I looking for some buddies who might can help me with the battle of the budge. I hope I am positng this correctly I am so or new to this. I weigh 230 lbs. Want to get to my goal weight of 182 which I was at 2002. I have tried them all. I bought the Micheal Thurmond Body Makeover from the TV but have not given it a good try. Wondering if anyone has tried this one. Thank all of you and hope I can find some buddies.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW=145/CW=132/GW=125

Height: 5'5"

Mammafrog,I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. Kind of busy. I just read your last post. Oh my God!! I don't know where to go from there, other than to say it can only get better. Congrats on your divorce,and I wish you so much luck on getting your kids back. I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling but depression wouldn't even scratch the surface if Amber were ever taken away.

Joyceg--Hi! I think I've seen that one advertised. But there are so many of them. I've been using TURN UP THE HEAT by Philip Goglia. I haven't eaten red meat in about 4 yrs (I'll cook it for my husband & daughter,tho) and I very rarely eat chicken but I LOVE veggies and fruits. Goglias' book is right up my alley. I've been on it about 3 weeks now and have lost 7 lbs,stepped on the scale this mrng and lost another 2 lbs. So I'm quite the happy camper. BUT today was my daughters' 3rd BD and I made a chocolate cake with mint chocolate frosting. But you can't deny yourself goodies so I don't feel too awful bad. I'll just be good tomorrow.
Closed Thread