Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #1  

Default I want to lose weight

Hi,

I'm a 45 year old teacher and mother of three boys (very busy!). I've been a "big girl" all my life and felt bad about it. In the past thirteen years I've added another 60 lbs and now weigh 210. I'm so tired of being overweight mainly because it is a bother - I don't like the comments, I don't like the way I look, I don't like shopping for clothes. I'm great at denying my weight and getting involved in lots of mental challenges all the while thinking I'm a fashion model in my mind. Then when I see a photo of myself I'm reminded of how big I am and get very sad about it. I want to make a change for health, self esteem, modeling for my children, etc. I've read a lot of your postings and think that this site might help. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2004, 11:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Talking You've come to the RIGHT place!!!

Hi Tired =)
You have come to the right place. Check out 100 club I've found it to be very supportive and we have a great time. I'm pretty new here myself. I'm very lucky I found this url and the group. They have lots of way to keep you interested and motivated. The 3FC URL has alot to offer check out all thread and I'm sure you'll find your place. Do you have a weight loss plan? I'm on Weight Watchers Pure Points but on the 100 club everyone is doing their own thing. Your going to do great ! It will take time and hard work but you'll be very happy!! Just remember that it's best that the weight comes off slow. I look forward to chatting with you.
Mez
Old 08-11-2004, 12:19 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Tired!

It is good to have you here!!!!

I also have three active boys so I know how you feel!

Hope you love it here

And welcome to you to Mez
Old 08-11-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  

Thanks for the positive responses and thread references. I'll check them out. I like the quotes too. I think I'll post those on my refrigerator. Just realizing that I was going to check this web site helped me to exercise this morning and eat a healthy breakfast. I'll check back later today.

CW 210/GW 160
Old 08-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #5  

Hi! I have three boys also and work 30 hours a week. I was doing really well, but have really slacked off since Summer hit. I have a good 40 pounds to lose and also am "tired of fat"!! There is no reason we can't get this weight off and keep it off. I am really ready to get back into my good routines of a couple of months ago. Let me know if you would like to exchange emails - we could support each other, trade recipes, etc.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #6  

Smile Let's support one another

Thanks for responding onmyweighdown. I'm hesitant to give out my email online, but perhaps we could chat on this thread. How old are your boys? My boys are 4,9 and 13. They are full of energy and always on the go.

I'm really tired of being the fat mom. I need this support. It has already helped me through two days of dieting. The hard part today is sticking to a plan when so many unknowns happen every other minute and I'm needed. It's evening now just when I want food to relax with - emotional support! I'm going to take a bubble bath instead.

Do you exercise? What kind of diet plan are you going to follow? I'm trying to count calories, limit carbs, and mainly eliminate any alcohol and sweets. For exercise I'm going to try doing one of the following each day - biking or swimming or exercise machine.

I hope you'll keep in touch.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:05 PM   #7  

I feel the same way. I am new on this message board and I notice evryone basically feels like I do. I have 2 girls age 10 and 7 and they keep me busy, but I seem to be a slave to the kitchen, my worst habit is picking on the food to see if it taste good. I was doing good before. In 1999 I weighed 210 by 2001 was down to 160 I sttod at the weight until 2004 I have put back 20 lbs, for some reason I just lost the motivation. I look at myself and get very depress. This morning I went to put on my jeans and they didn't button. I cried my day was horrible so I started looking on the computer and stumble on this forum. Maybe reading all these stories I can find my way back.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #8  

Default Hi Munequita

I know how you feel. I get so discouraged too. Wow you lost a lot of weight - just the amount I want to lose. You've put on 20 lbs but that's still so much less than your highest weight. I know you can loseI that 20.

I told the kids the other day that "I am not their slave! I love to do things for them, help them out and give them what I can, but I'm a person too and can't be a slave to all their needs." I think one of my greatest challenges is routine and order.

For example - today. They'll be at me all morning, but I have to stick to my guns and get the cleaning done. Then we'll do something this afternoon - probably bowling since I have some free tickets.

I missed my exercise this morning. I'm going to try to fit it in later today. Did you exercise today? I started the day with a yummy yogurt smoothie - about one cup plain yogurt (80 cals.), fresh fruit (200 cals) and five ice cubes - filling and nutritious. Now I'm having my coffee and then I'm going to clean, clean, clean!!!!! I'll probably weigh myself for the first time tomorrow.

I hope you'll keep in touch.
hw/sw 210/gw 150

p.s. I love the way your name sounds - so pretty!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:26 AM   #9  

Just thinking. Since moms seem to be replying, perhaps we could start a thread called calorie counting/exercising moms. We could check in with each other with our calorie counts and daily exercise. We could also help each other with "mom eating problems" such as what foods to prepare etc. If anyone is interested let me know. A daily check in would really help me. - tiredoffat
Old 08-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #10  

My three boys are 2, 6 and 7. I know what you mean about being tired of being the fat mom - I really want to be a good role model for my boys too. With the weight I have lost so far, it is amazing how much better I feel and how much more energy I have - I really need to lose the rest of this! I have just had a hard time jumpstarting my motivation again. But, this thread should really help. I seem to do really well when I am exercising consistently - that really motivates me to keep working on getting the weight off. I worked out last night (a lot with weights) and boy can I feel it already. But, that's good. I like feeling it and knowing I did something - it's a good reminder throughout the day of what I am working towards.
Well, gotta run - take care!
Old 08-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #11  

Onmyweighdown, it motivates me to hear about your workouts. In fact, I just got home from a too rushed crazy visit with m mom. My little one wants all of me. I think I'll go to the gym and see if the babysitting room can take him for an hour so I can work out. Like you, the workouts really make me feel good! Take care.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:48 PM   #12  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

HIya! I'm a new gal here too. As you can see from my signature, I'm in the 200's as well. I have two children (3 and 6 years of age). I work 40 hours a week (in an office sitting on my rear), so I kinda know how you feel.

I'm 24 and I'm embarassed to go clothes shopping, I wear XXL clothes and don't like to imagine what the clerk must be thinking when they see the size. I myself also think of me as a model... gorgeous, slim, trim and all that... but when I see pictures of myself I want to cry.

I started taking on a new lifestyle. I used to smoke a pack of smokes a day, and quit cold turkey on January 15th. (I smoked for 13 years). And now that I am dead-set on changing my lifestyle, my family is also cooperating and taking part.

I HATE exercising, but I'm doing it with the thought of "just 1.5 hours out of 24 is NOT bad". I walk 2 - 6 km's a day (with my family) and do cruches and upperbody lifts with my Ab Roller that I bought 4 years ago (which was collecting about an inch of dust). And now that I'm starting to get more fit, I've noticed that I actually LIKE being active.

It's a stress reliever, instead of reaching for those cookies/chocolate bars, I drink a glass of water and do 10 minutes of crunches. I feel better for it both physically and mentally.

Good luck on you weightloss. Keep in touch
Old 08-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #13  

Hi Tamaralyn, It's good to know someone with the same goal weight. About shopping, have you tried Target. I think their line of plus line clothing is flattering, comfortable and inexpensive. I once read that it's important to dress nicely no matter what your weight just to make you feel better. Since Target is open early you can go there before there are lots of people and have some privacy shopping.

I think it's great that we're trying to make these life style changes. It will really help our kids too.

Tonight I grabbed a bottle of seltzer while everyone else had an ice cream. I got a little crabby around dinner time as I'm so used to using food as my drug to relieve stress and comfort myself.

I try to check in on this site when I start to get weak. Have a good night all.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #14  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I know alllll about crabby LOL, I also have mood swings galore. I'll either start getting edgy or start crying on the drop of a pin LOL.

Unfortunately we don't have Target here (Calgary), but we do have Walmart/Zellers/Sears. I like this one place called Cotton Ginny Plus. Very nice clothing, but pricy too.

I usually stick to a low budget and buy at a second hand store.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:59 AM   #15  

Hi, Another day of dieting/exercise. I'm about to do a major cleaning job in the house as I'm having a birthday party for my mom tomorrow - a brunch. I'll try to include lots of healthy foods - salad, frittata (sp?), fruit salad. . .Today I started counting calories with a more serious attitude. I was explaining it to my son - a good math lessons for him (age 9). I had a bowl of cereal, milk, oj and coffee (275 cals - not too bad for a lot of food). I'm hoping to swim later today and my husband and I are going out tonight. We're trying to fit that in more often as it lessens the stress and strengthens the relationship though babysitters are costly - it's worth it. Have a good day. What kind of exercise is everyone doing today? What foods are you eating? Any really satisfying, filling, healthy low cal ideas?

Another topic I'm really interested in is healthy, low cal, kid friendly, easy to prepare dinners. I'm trying to mainly eliminate eating out to save both money and calories so I need to get better at preparing meals.

Take care.

SW 210/gw 150 (I'm going to weigh myself for the first time soon, maybe I'll try to have an especially good day before the weigh in)
Closed Thread