Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #16  

Tamara - what's LOL?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #17  

Hi everybody! Hope your weekends were good. Mine should have been much better, but I am back into it now. Exercised last night, did a lot of weight machines (and boy can I feel it already!) and the stairmaster. Need to get to the Y at least three times a week and will try to walk twice a week. Oh, LOL is "laugh out loud". How did your birthday party go TOF? I had a birthday party too on Sunday for my two older boys - it was nice. One lower calorie dinner that I have had recently is chicken in the crockpot. I put in a can of low fat soup - broc. cheese or chix noodle - my oldest son, 7, really likes it as does my two year old. The middle child doesn't, but two out of three is not bad, right! Well, hope everyone has a great week. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #18  

Hi Onmyweighdown - good to hear from you. The birthday party went very well. People were in good spirits and my 74 year old mother enjoyed the celebration surrounded by lots of little ones to help blow out the candles and sing.

That chicken dish sounds great - can you give me more details. Once I get back to work I really want to start using the crock pot again. I agree 2 out of 3 liking it is very good. I rarely hit 3 out of 3 for anything.

sw210/cw205/gw150
Old 08-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #19  

Hello everyone! Well I am fairly new to this site & this is my first on this thread, and I have to say, I love the encouragement that is given to everyone.
I am 31, newlywed (6/11/04) and I have to say, seeing my wedding pictures was really a kick in the pants. I need to drop some weight, but like everyone else here, my life is so hectic, every diet I have tried get ruined by a late night & a fast food dinner.
I have 3 step children (girl, 6, boys 5 & 3) that are with my husband and I every weekend. I find my biggest downfall is that I pick at what the kids leave behind.
I look forward to this journey with all of you!!

Heidi
Old 08-18-2004, 04:45 PM   #20  

Hi Heidi, your challenges are similar to mine. I have three children too. I think it means a life change for all of us. I am trying to eliminate the junk food from the house and have lots of healthy snacks available for the kids and me too. Good luck. Keep in touch. We need each other to get through this. Only people who are overweight know what it is like and the annonymity of this site makes it easier to work together. Good luck.
Closed Thread