Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #16  

hey jolee that's wonderful for 1 week of dieting. i am new and need lots of support and advice. hope ya'll don't mind me jumping in here.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

jOlEE-
How on earth did you lose so much so fast!! You go girl!

I'm excited that I'm down 1 lb in 3 days.. hehehe.. thats nothing compared to you!

I know about the daycare thing.. I did that for a long time.. I was always snacking on what the kids had and at holiday time.. watch out.. there were always cookies and such... now I work at a 9-1-1 center.. same problem, less pants changing.. heheheh

I'm very proud of your accomplishment and if you stick with it you'll reach your goal!

Last edited by paragoddess; 01-14-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:51 PM   #18  

I am not sure if it is mostly water weight or what it is. I am not starving myself, I eat a bowl of Special K in the morning (or a couple waffles, french toast or pancakes....try to have variety) Then a fruit for morning snack. Lunch is salad and either cottage cheese/sandwhich and a fruit or a veggie. Afternoon snack either fruit again or crackers with cheese/peanut butter. Supper is a portion of meat, salad, a veggie and a fruit.

It is probably my body saying "WOW! She can actually eat real portions now!" I used to be a continual snacker (and a big chocoholic!) I also drank 2-3 pops a day. Now it is water only (milk at breakfast, esp if eating pancakes or the like) And I have not had a piece of chocolate in over a week. I do have some granola bars with mini choc chips on top for an afternoon snack, but otherwise none. And that is my biggest accomplishment EVER! And the reality of it is....I am not craving it at all! In fact, my dh and dd's have eaten peanut M and Ms the past 2 nights and I politely declined

The thing of it is, I know that this type of loss will not last so that is why I need to get the exercise in now!
Old 01-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #19  

I'm having problems right now... one of my co-workers brought in 4 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnutz... my absolute weakness... the whole kitchen smells like them... my willpower is pulling on my shirt sleeve... so, for the last 29 minutes I walk by, smell, and keep going. I think I am going to go fill up my water bottle and take another smell. I leave in 30 minutes so as long as I can continue not opening the box.. I think I'm doing [SIZE=2]very[/SIZE] good so far... before I set my mind to weightloss I would have had 2 or 3 by now without a thought.... If I can get by this tease, I will be doing good!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #20  

Default Otis

Hey ya'll.
I just started today 1/13/04. Doing the Dr. Phil solution. Just wanted somewhere I could have some input and support. I am looking to reach my goal in june with a loss of 30-35 lbs. Also want to keep it off for good!!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #21  
here I go again...

I feel like Homer Simpson... mmmm. donuts. I have not had a donut since Thanksgiving. Thankfully, there are no Krispy Kremes in the area, so I tell myself that I can't have one unless its a krispy kreme.

In better news: Started class last night, and then went to the gym. I did a good 90 minute workout and was feeling pretty good. The problem was, I was so "pumped" afterwards that I had trouble getting to sleep. I really don't have the time/motivation to get to the gym in the morning, so I have to go at night. Has anybody else had a problem with this? I'm pleasantly sore from lifting though... So, I think my exercise challenge to myself and to you all is to get to the gym/ work out at home for at least three hours this week. I don't care if you do this over one, two, three or more days, just as long as you log the time... WE CAN DO THIS!!! can't we???

I hope you are all having a great night... I'm on the prowl for my second vegetable... I'm thinking carrots.

AB
Old 01-14-2004, 08:37 PM   #22  

Hello everybody ....well I was so entirely happy when I got to work today and weighed myself ....from 224 down to 218.....yeah ....but then why has today been the most tempting day yet ......like I saw success and now all I wanna do is eat .....I havent been to bad ...I had a cookie after lunch ( it was calling my name ) .......but I came home and cooked a healthy dinner ( chicken parmesean ...made with baked chicken breast ,green peppers , mushrooms ,tomato sauce and lowfat cheese ) .....it was really good . I also signed up to use the gym at work ( imagine that access to a gym completly free of cost and all the years I worked there I never used it ) and I am starting tomorrow exercising after work ......2 friends from work are gonna stay after and exercise with me ( they are both toothpicks but support is support right ?) . So hopefully having them to exercise with will encourage me to do it everday . As for a challenge .....we could do the vegetable one ......keep it honest and really tell the truth .....I dont have a big problem with eating veggies ....my big prob is gonna be actually exercising everyday . We could all set our own goal at the beginning of the week and challenge ourself and just all help keep tabs on each other .....as long as we are all honest and set realistic goals for ourselves that should be a good way to do it .........Alright Im gonna go spend some time with my hubby !!! BYE ......Chryss
Old 01-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #23  

Hey, Everyone! Good to see everyone is keeping their chin up, and welcome to the folks that just signed on! Well, first things first. I vowed to "confess" any sugar that I ate, no excuses. Well, here i go- four chocolate chip cookies. But I am not feeling to, to bad about those because they were made with xilitol and just a little bit of brown sugar, and they were gluten free. (For those of you that are sugar junkies and have not been introduced to the wonderful world of Xilitol, allow me. Xilitol is made from different kinds of plant sugars. It looks and tastes pretty much exactly like real sugar, only a tiny bit less sweet. But get this--It does not raise your blood sugar at all, it is great for both your bones and your teeth, and you can trade it out teaspoon for teaspoon for sugar. The only downside is that I hear fudge made with it does not set up properly. You should be able to get it at any health food store) Sorry for the sidetrack... Anyway, so I had the choc. chip cookies, 1/2 of a maple wafer cookie, and some vanilla yogurt. Still quite a bit of sugar, but not bad for a two day period for me. Progress, Progress...
As for the weekly challanges, I have an idea. I could be wrong, but I get the sense that a few of us are still getting our ducks in line as to our diet and exercise plans. I know I am. So how about our challange for the rest of this week is for all of us to get a really clear plan, perhaps in writing, for how we are going to eat and exercise (what, how much, how long, how often, etc.)? Also perhaps doing the little details that will really signify a beginning of something to ourselves. I think a couple of you have been chipping away at this for a while, but some of you are like me, just starting out. So does that sound good to anyone? Maybe we can all outline our plan early next week sometime, and then start with the real challanges. I know that one thing that I have to do is buy a scale, and actually get on it. I have no idea specifically what I weigh, I usually just go by how my pants fit! So that is my first challange, because I am feeling pretty resistant to it. And I am making a written game plan for myself. I don't know if you all are into my idea, but I feel like it is a good, clarifying first step for me. I may also have my husband take a "Before" picture (and not let me see it lest I get discouraged ) So, thats my big plan. Along with eating right and getting some exercise, of course. Go Get Em', Tigers. We are all going to do just great! And if we slip up, we have this nice little circle to help us get back on the wagon, so to speak. Thank you! And Now, and icon, just because I think it is funny--- Who doesn't love a dancing monkey? Take care, Folks!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #24  

I think the monkey topped it off perfectly. I just want to let everyone know, there are still 2 boxes of doughnuts in the kitchen... I walked in searching for a snack.. remembered I had an apple at my desk so I ate that instead. Its hard but it's working.. I also just talked to my DH, he asked if we were going to walk when I got home and I said of course! I never wanted to exercise before.. now I feel bad if I don't! I think the fact that my husband is so encouraging and I know I have to do it for myself...so anyway!

Just so you know, that apple did not soothe the sweet craving...
Old 01-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #25  

Good afternoon all! I like the idea of actually drawing up a plan. I keep telling myself this is what I want to do, but i think that if I had it in writing I would stick to it better. I would also like to do the before pic, and before overall measurements so that I know where I may be losing it. My challenge last night was to do some cardio on the treadmill and some body ball exercises. Only lasted about 15 min on treadmill because I was listening to a walking tape...it actually annoyed me more than it helped me. I like to walk how I like to walk (stubborn I know) and I think I will stick to listening to my favorite music and walking to the beat. Makes the time go faster I think. Body ball went well since I found more exercises. Tonight....water aerobics!
Goddess, what a test! Krispy Kremes! I love those things Congrats on resisting the urge and eating the apple. It may not satisfy the sweet craving, but isnt it sweet knowing you are on your way? P
Welcome Otis!
Congrats Chryss n the loss!
AB congrats on the exercise! I am going to shoot for 3 hours of exercise this week. Did 45 min last night, and tonight will be another 45 min. We can do it!
Old 01-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #26  

Hi everyone ......I agree we should all get our plans set and let each other know ...Ive actually been woring on that myself .....starting a notebook with what I eat each day (seeing it in writing makes you think about it ) , writing out my current weight and measurements , and what my goal will be . Today I went and exercised in the gym at work with my 2 friends as I had planned ......did 15 minutes on the treadmill alternating running and walking ......used the stepper type machine and alot of other machines that I would not begin to know the names but I used them (haha) and my friends promised to do it again tomorrow .....Today there was a huge plate of brownies sitting at the nurses station all day and I was offered some a few times and each time I declined (yeah) .....also we went out to dinner and I ordered a spinach roll w/hot peppers ...and we got a pizza and when it came that had messed it up and on my half that had all the veggies they also put pepperoni ( i wanted to cry ) .....but I ate a peice off of the plain just cheese half and my kids ate my veggie part since it had greasy pepperoni .........
My food intake for the day
Breakfast : Special k (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup no fat milk and small banana
Lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat bread with tomato and mustard , 4 small pretzels
diet 7up
Dinner : half spinach roll w/ hot peppers , 1 small piece plain pizza
4 bottles of water during the day at work , and 1 large glass with dinner , working on another glass now
Well ladies thats all for now ......keep your minds on your goals and you will all get to them . Good night !!!! Chryss
Old 01-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #27  

chryss sounds like you had a very good day exercise and food wise. and your right if you write it down then yes it holds you accountable and if you are having someone else read it then it makes you think hey do i really need to put this in my mouth and have everyone know. i have type 2 diabetes and have to turn my food journal, weights, and body measurements into my dr. and now i can turn it in here too. not to mention i also let my husband read it.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #28  

Weigh in day and down to 242! 18 pounds gone I have a new current challenge for myself, I bought a pedometer today and I am going to see how many steps I normally take in a day. Then I am going to challenge myself to increase it more and more each day. Does anyone else have a pedometer? How do you like it? Is it fairly accurate?
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend....gotta go work on my list of goals....
Old 01-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #29  

I had weigh in day yesteday... and... I was down 2 lbs since the previous Sunday. I was soo excited. I've found that sticking with the WW points wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I need to get myself a pedometer.. I saw that slim~fast had a promotion at Walmart where they were giving them away.. I saw that 2 days after it happened! Argh! Anyway-- where did you get your pedometer jolee? I am looking to get one that isn't too procey but still is worthwhile!
Old 01-19-2004, 02:50 PM   #30  

Congrats on the loss goddess! I got mine from Walmart and i got the $8 one. They also had one for $4 but I thought the $8 one looked more durable and better for the money. I like it so far, I just have to remember to put it on! Today will be my first day of full wearage (word? ) so I will set my goals accordingly.

I will log on tomorrow with my personal goals and challenges. Only have short time on puter today
Closed Thread