Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167

Height: 156cm

Unhappy New here.

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, and starting with my low calorie diet today.
After trying everything, this is my last hope. I am a single mom and my weight is 24 hours on my mind. Its haunting me.

Im 32 years and weigh 167 pounds. My height is 157cm.
I hope i can do this, and hope it works for me.
Angelique32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Angelique! Many of us can relate with you on being haunted by our weight. Today is a new day and you can and will do this! There is so much to read here about healthy eating and fitness, and you'll gets lots of support to help you along. So browse around and jump right in! Be sure to check out the calorie-counting forum under Diet Central. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

You can absolutely do this! One day at a time.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you join us!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

welcome!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #6  

Hi All, thank you.
Im having a hard time with my scale.
I weigh myself every morning before i et anything.
Monday: 167lbs
Tuesday: i did not weigh myself.
Wednesday: 163lbs
Thursday: 161.3lbs

Is the scale fooling me? I did not loose 5lbs in 4days right?
if i go on the scale this afternoon, i will probably be at 164lbs.

Im confused and frustrated. I try to stay on my calorie, which is max 1024 cal without excersize.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #7  

Oh, yes you did lose 5 lbs in 4 days! When you first start a diet, your body tends to release water weight that it's been holding on to, so although it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat, water also makes up your body's pounds, and you'll often get a "jumpstart" on your weight loss journey as your body lets that extra water go. So yeah, 161.3, that's your real weight now! What you need to be aware of and what ends up discouraging new dieters is that the rapid weight loss will slow down once the excess water has been released. That's okay. That's normal. Stick it out. Then you'll be burning fat. Also, the body naturally fluctuates daily because of water. Sometimes even when you are staying on plan, your weight will go up. That's no big deal. It's water weight and eventually will flush out, as long as you are drinking enough water each day. (Your body won't release water if it believes you're not taking in enough to sustain it. Don't over-drink. Just drink enough. The 6-8 glasses a day recommendation is plenty!) One last thing, you might want to consider upping your calories to 1200. That's kind of the number that most calorie-counters believe is best for optimal weight loss (and even higher with exercise). If you become too hungry, you are more likely to fall off the wagon, and if you go too low on calories, your metabolism will fight you. It will want to conserve calories while you're trying to get it to burn them! Don't be frustrated. You are doing great and you are going to continue to do great! And you can ease your confusion by reading and asking questions around here. People here are happy to help you!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-29-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #8  

Thank you so much. i just dont wanna get my hopes up and then at the end of the my scale gives me more than today.

im tired of hearing people say: you have gained wieght, or be the fat one at home. Im am a very very impationt person. Im trying to stick with this even if i dot see reluts, which will hurt me. Cause i really try.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #9  

Just remember, it took time to put that weight on, so it's going to take time to take it off. There's no big rush. Just accept each little victory as it comes and be proud of yourself for the great decisions you're making!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

It is very hurtful when people comment on how much weight you have put on and it makes me want to smack them and bawl at the same time. I had that happen to me just the other day and its still nagging at me. I too am a slave to the scale and depending on the number, will have either a really great morning or a stinky one. I am getting a lot better at accepting the fact that it's not going to move as quickly as I want it to. I am extremely impatient and its a struggle. Like Jacqui D said, it took time to put the weight on, and it's going to take time to take it off. Good job on the 5 pound loss!!! What a kickstarter
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #11  

Hi Guys thank you for the support and advise.
My scale added a pund this morning. dont know if its water weight.
Its so frustrating? How do you know when you really lose weight?
I dont even believe the 5 pounds were really there.
Just dont know anymore. Its hard, im having a bad morning.
Sometimes, i do feel like im seeing my legs getting thinner, but then my clothes dont really fit larger, and then the stupid scale. aaarrhhrhhrhrhh!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #12  

One's weight fluctuates naturally. You know if it's just water weight if you know you've been staying on plan. I've been staying on plan and my weight went up 1.5 lbs yesterday. No big deal. It will come off again in the next few days. I know it's water weight because it takes an extra 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat and I haven't eaten excess calories. Bottom line: Losing weight is not easy and it takes patience, but it's wonderful! At least, that's how I see it. I say be happy about the progress you've made so far and don't worry about the daily water weight fluctuations, because it's the big picture, in the long run, that matters! Of course, how you look at it is your choice. You can view what you've done so far as negative, because it's not moving as quickly as you'd like, or as positive, because you're making great decisions to make a healthy change in your life. How you view it is all under your control!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/315/150

Height: 5' 6"

Good luck to you, I'm new as well. All the best!
DiamondMoon is offline   Reply With Quote