Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/249/220

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Wake up call

The other night I had this strange pain on my stomach (under my fat roll). I didn't really think anything of it, but this morning I felt it again and it was really tender. Upon looking in a mirror I saw a large softball size rash. I looked it up online to find it was a "fat rash" I almost started crying instantly. All I could think to myself was how did I let myself get this big? Wearing clothes that are sizes I NEVER thought I'd ever be wearing. Making every excuse in the book for it. It was an ugly wake up call for me. I have spent a large part of my day already crying my eyes out. Feeling disgusted with myself. A part of me doesn't even care to try to lose it, I feel I should just die and be done with it, but... I know that isn't the answer. So I researched weight loss support and found this website. I am hoping I am able to find the support I need here whether it be through actual users giving me support or just reading of others pushing through the same thing I am going through. I swore years ago I would never reach 250lbs, I am two pounds shy of just that. I am scared and have no idea how I am going to be able to push through all this. I hate my job, because I have gained almost thirty pounds since starting my new job. I am a cashier and they never let me off register so all I do is stand around, doing nothing. I wish I could afford to quit my job and focus on losing weight until I am able to get down to a more comfortable weight. I ache all over my legs hurt when I walk and I know it's because of my weight. I just don't understand how I let it get this bad. I know this is long and I apologize, this is the first I have stated how I am feeling since this morning seeing this rash, this awful disgusting rash.
blindeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #2  
Scottish Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 119/100/60kgs

Height: 5ft2inches

Please don't feel too bad, we have all been there. You have made the decision to change though and that's the first step. I work in a call centre and it is very hard to lose weight when your sitting around all day, so i know where your coming from. I joined a gym and go to 1 class a day and I have lost over 40lbs so far. It's tough but you can do it x
Fionnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Oh sweetie to 3FC! I remember feeling this way at my highest weight. I had told myself I would never reach 300 lbs, and there I was, a mere 4-5 lbs away from it. I was so upset: I felt disappointed, helpless, frustrated, overwhelmed by the weight, and absolutely exhausted from daily life tasks like walking and standing around. So, I hear ya. I'm sure others do, too.
There are A LOT of resources on this website, and many folks willing to offer a shoulder, insight, or a hug. Anytime you need to post, feel free to do so; no need to apologize. In the meantime, I wish you all the best with your goals. I know you can do it!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi blindeyes! I know it seems overwhelming right now, but you are making a great first step in finding us and posting! And that's all you have to do--take one step at a time. You are going to find lots of support here! There are so many great threads to read and so many wonderful people who are happy to help you along the way. I know you may think you have to do everything at once, but you don't. If the thought of both diet and exercise seems too much, just pick one to start. I'd suggest diet, because diet has a greater influence on weight loss than exercise does, especially initially. (As the saying goes: Diet for weight loss, exercise for fitness). There are many types of diet plans you can try. Take a look at the threads under Diet Central for some great advice on them. Good luck on your journey! You can do this, one day, one step, one good decision at a time!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #5  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Hey! Echoing the above posts, it seems really impossible right now I know, but you've made an absolutely wonderful first step in coming to 3FC! I have a Halloween challenge going on in the 100lb club (Just started today, actually) where some of us are going to spend the next two months getting on track and trying to hit our personal goals, of course supporting one another along the way! You're more than welcome to join if you'd like, you can find it here.
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #6  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I think a lot of people start out feeling the way you do. I know that it is true for me. You will find a lot of good company here and a lot of support.

I think joining 3FCs was one of the best things I ever did in order to get some help with weight loss.

If you take things slowly and have some little successes, soon you will build momentum and that will turn into bigger successes.

We are all here to cheer you on!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #7  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Ah, the dreaded fat rash...

Most of us anyway have been where you are and can relate. It's things like this that show us "the bottom" and inspire change. Welcome and best of luck to you.

Cathy
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

Hi blindeyes. First off, don't apologize for sharing how you feel, that's what we're here for. It hurt to read your post because I know how awful it feels to think how we let ourselves get to a certain point. And feeling so sad that you want to disappear or die Sometimes the most long-lasting and effective wake-up calls are the ones that hurt the most. Just remember you are not isolated in your feelings of despair and frustration. Anytime you need to post or ask a question, this is THE place to do it I've found. Take care sweetie.
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/249/220

Height: 5'3"

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Every time I let this get me down I get online and read your post and it helps motivate me to move forward. (Jacqui D I am doing just that, first I am trying to change my eating habits, and then add in exercise.) I think I have researched a hundred pages on ways to successfully lose weight. Number one everywhere I have read don't drink your calories. Water, water, water. I never thought of it that way, definitely has me working on weaning myself off the other drinks onto water. The other was about finding things you like to do for exercise. It said most people give up on exercise because they don't like it and see it as a chore, finding something you like makes it fun and it doesn't feel like exercise it just feels like having fun, but with the same benefits. That helps a lot because I was considering buying a treadmill, but I use to own one and I hated it when it was time to exercise. Think I am going to try bike riding. It takes more time to lose as much weight but because it's more fun I could do it for longer periods of time.

Last edited by blindeyes; 09-02-2013 at 11:42 AM.
blindeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Fantastic! You're making good decisions all the way around!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote