Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Finally fed up

I promised myself I would never be overweight. I was one of the pudgier of my six siblings but I was never "fat". I grew up with a severely obese mother who was a fantastic inspiration when she lost 150 pounds. However after high school I got slack. I no longer had fitness classes, I hated exercise, and my (at the time boyfriend) husband and I were on our own and free.
I never knew healthy eating habits. My mom cooked special healthy meals for her and continued cooking like she used to for us. I just thought it was normal, that because I wasn't heavy yet I wouldn't get heavy. Boy oh boy did I fool myself.
The past year my eating habits have drastically changed, but I still get 0 exercise. My weight gain has ended but I wasn't losing.
I've done fad diets, exercise binges, fruit flushes etc. Nut always gained the weight back.
My husband works in a warehouse and loves to exercise. He is, needless to say, super fit. He is also very tall. He is 6'1 and I'm 5'5 I feel like a short sausage next to him.
He loves me for me, but he started dating me in high-school when I was 117 pounds. I feel like I've let myself down and let him sown.

Yesterday I started the couch to 5k and my husband is my running partner. I felt on top of the world when I finished the entire session. *fingers crossed* I keep it up this time!
Fantasyfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/272/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey hey hey! I can relate to so much of what you've said. My hubby is a stud too, and the "fat sausage" comment made me laugh since that's a great description of me. Hope to see you around!

Last edited by KatMic; 06-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.
KatMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  

Hey, thank you my hubby laughs every time too. We are doing W1D2 tonight and I'm still sore from Monday *eek* No backing out though!!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

You go! Glad to see you here! Couch to 5k is a great program! Have you decided what 5k you are going to participate in? They usually have those scheduled way in advance so you can see which ones go on around the time you finish training.

I am so happy for you! Good for you!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #5  

I haven't even looked, to be honest. It was just something that my husband and I can do together to get me fit.