Looking for a Fitness Friend! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #1  

Default Looking for a Fitness Friend!

Hey All!
my name is Katie, weight is an old story for me, i have been struggling with it since, well, forever. I was a skinny kid up until about the 4th grade. I was really into swimming on a team and could swim long distance for hours everyday, and then my mom got a new job and I was forced to stop swimming. I ate everything i wanted before that and just burned it off swimming, and when i stopped swimming, i gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time. within a couple of months i gained 40 pounds, and then as i got older, I never got back into swimming and I kept eating.
Now im in college, and I am 5'5 and weight 240 pounds. I have never felt more sick in my life. And thats why I need to take action, I dont want to feel trapped and gross when I'm only 20 years old! I want to look good for my wedding (November 2018!) and I want to give my fiance something he's proud to show off.
i'm looking for some friends who can motivate me into doing this for good! I want to eventually have a kind of weight loss pen pal, and also a lifelong fitness friend!!
All my love
~Katie
KatDurn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 76/ticker/56 (kg)

Height: 1.61cm (~5'3")

Hi Katie! We're about the same age! I'll be 21 by the end of the year and trying hard as heck to get in shape by my 21st birthday (vanity confession). I started this to combat fitness/health issues but it seems that vanity is one big motivation for me now :P

Weight has always been a problem for me for as long as I remember I was marginally overweight in childhood and my relatives were not very nice to me (the Asian family hierarchy is not something to mess with. Sigh)

Eventually my eating habits just got worse over the years but my weight was not piling on fast since I joined a uniformed group in secondary school and even made it to the judo school team in junior college! So like you, my eating pattern was sort of... justified by my physical activity I guess. But I gained so much weight in Junior college, taking my weight category (Women's Heavyweight) as an excuse for far too long.

I hit my highest weight in college, being sedentary but with the same eating habits and I just swelled up to the point that even climbing stairs, chasing after the bus, running for class became so exhausting. I was overweight but fit previously, but I became fat AND unfit! oh man. But now I've put myself on track and I now weight less than when I was 17!

And early congratulations to your wedding in 2018! You have plenty of time to transform your physique and I have confidence in you!

Let's fight on together!

Last edited by TheGreenerSide; 07-23-2012 at 09:49 PM.
TheGreenerSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #3  

Hi Katie.

I'm new here too! Congrats on your engagement/wedding. My birthday is Monday and plan to start my next year off going in a better direction! I want to lose 75lbs. to reach ultimate goal weight! I'm going to make smaller goals along the way. My first goal is to get back to "onederland" and be out of the 200's forever!! I'd love a buddy to help along the way!
WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote