Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default so glad Im here, does it help?!

HEllo all, new to this site and hoping and praying that this helps with the support I need. I live around a bunch of thin people who can eat anything and they do. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery ( really pushed myself on the exercise and hurt myself badly) so now I'm at the beginning and so frustrated. I'm hoping for a good week so that I can rekindle the motivation I used to have. any help and suggestions are appreciated!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #2  
Not settling this time

S/C/G: HW/CW/GW 278/149/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Maezy. I've been reading some of the threads and I was motivated to hit the gym today after slacking off for a couple of weeks. I've also been really good with eating very clean today (veggies, lean protein, fruits) so being here is already working. Lets just hope it can stick through the work week which is where my weak moments kick-in. Our office is notorious for having cookies, chips and other treats sitting around plus I have many evening functions I have to attend and the wine and appetizers tend to get the best of me.
Prim2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3  

Thx Prim! guess knowing someone else is going thru the same thing helps! Exercised yesterday and ended up overdoing it (a big problem for me) and now Im icing today. I WILL find that balance!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

If you just take a look around the boards and see how many people have posted 500, 1000, 2000, etc posts, it's clear that we have something very good going on here. It's incredibly useful for when you have questions, or just want to talk to others who are in the same situation.

Welcome!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #5  

Thx Kelly 315! my biggest issue is getting support. I live with a hubby and 19 year old son who dont deal with eating issues and basically can eat anything that they want. When they need to lose a few lbs it takes them a week. Im happy for them but at times I just wanna strangle them!!! I think that it would be easier without the cookies and ice cream all around house!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 76/ticker/56 (kg)

Height: 1.61cm (~5'3")

Hi maezy1! Hope your knee is recovering well! I tore my ACL (knee ligament) in 2009 and possibly aggravated it by trying to go back to being active too early But all's well now and it's awesome that you're seeking motivation!
TheGreenerSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #7  

Hi everyone. I'm new here too and hoping that finding support on here will help with my weight battles. I've been seriously on a diet (counting calories) since April and have lost 15 lbs but I've seemed to reach a plateau. I'm having a hard time staying motivated and I need to lose at least 30 more lbs. Sigh....
Anna1975 is offline   Reply With Quote