Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #1  

Default Looking for support

Hi everyone. I'm not great with introductions! What to say? I'm in my mid-twenties and I moved to a new city two years ago. It's been really hard to meet new people, although I did meet my boyfriend here. A big part of why I'm joining the forum is to just interact with more people during my day.

The past two years, and really my entire life, has been incredibly difficult for a lot of reasons which resulted in pretty severe depression for me, fueled by self-loathing that's been tricky to shake. This year particularly has been especially hard. I was hospitalized twice for depression. My third and fourth time cumulatively. And I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder which is a lot to take in.

My weight issues are tied to my mental health struggles, and as I work on one it improves the other. I've been super focused on wellness lately, and I hope that I can find support here on this forum while I go through this tough time. It's nice to meet you all!
Rachella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the boards! You may want to jump from subject to subject and find your place. I think there is a forum for weight loss and depression. God Bless.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! This is a very supportive online community. Best wishes as you start your weight loss journey
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #4  

Thank you for your replies! I've been at this for a few months by myself actually. So at this point, I only have 3 pounds to lose. But I'm still grateful for having found this forum!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #5  

I just started too! I can relate to what you are saying hopefully together we can all get healthy!
WanttoWearan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #6  

Thank you for your reply! I'm definitely hoping to get healthy and to stay healthy for the rest of my life.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.5/183.5/160

Height: 5'10"

I can feel your pain girl....

When I moved halfway across the country, away from all of my family and friends I really struggled with loneliness. I would walk on the beach all alone and just get so sad to see groups of girls hanging out. I wondered how long it would take and where would I find some friends to spend time with. It eventually happened for me and I know it will for you also. So in the meantime, we will be your friends

I also have issues with depression (due to this crappy economy and unemployment) and have been on Zoloft for about 6 months now. It has not been so kind to my waistline, but it really helps me handle stress! I guess that I will just have to work harder to lose the weight. Great job on your weight loss so far! Maybe you can give me some tips to weight loss and depression?
allygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote