Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #1  

Default Back AGAIN, looking for support/friends!

Hi, my name is Carrie. I am 28, from Iowa. Married for 3 years, no children....well, we have a cat that is like a child!

I began my weight loss journey back in 2006 at 317 lbs. I managed to lose 70 pounds by October 06 just by counting calories and excercising. I had totally changed my lifestyle and way of thinking. And then gradually, I went back to my old ways. I have now gained back all of that and probably more. I keep thinking back to how good I felt when I had lost that 70 pounds, and I want to get back to that, and keep on going down to under 200. I know I can do it, because I have done it before. And now I even have my own excercise equipment, so it should be easier than before.

I am looking for support and I know this is the place to get it! I plan on using this site daily, and posting frequently. Where is the best place for a Newbie to start out? Hoping to make lots of new friends along the way.
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Helloooooo! LOL I have a kitty as well...and yes she is much like a child! I'm 31 and used to live in Missouri. I visited Iowa from time to time. Now I live in New Jersey lol. ACK! I miss the open space of the Midwest lol.

Welcome and *supportive hugs*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #3  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Talking Welcome!

Hi Carrie! Nice to meet you.
I am 31, married for 13 years, no kids, 3 CATS!! I've always felt more comfortable around animals than kids.
Ha!

I think you picked a great forum for introducing yourself as a newbie. I find this and the 100 lb forum to be the most supportive, although all of them are friendly and helpful.

Would love to hear more about your journey. I am also starting fresh today and need support. We can do this together!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Carrie!

You've started in the right place. There are also groups based on age, there are challenge threads, and under Diet Central you can find others following similar food plans.

I think it's important to take your time in looking around. Post wherever you feel comfortable. And post often. The support here is great!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #5  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Hi!!

You are definitely not alone. I was over 300, but I don't know my highest weight, I was down to 298 when I started weighing myself. I got down to around 246, and like you, I fell back into my old ways and have gained most of it back. But hey, we're here now and we can do it!!!

-edit- Oh, and I'm also from Iowa!

Last edited by JustSharing83; 01-05-2009 at 03:23 PM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi Carrie;

I am a cat lover too, and once again, starting fresh for the new year.

There's so much support and help here, it's just putting it in motion. You sound like you're ready to do that

Good luck
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Carrie! I'm 33 from Iowa too! We have 4 cats & 2 big huge dogs. We despartely want a child, but I can't conceive until I lose weight.

I'm on week 3 of the latest & greatest weight loss attempt - doing Weight Watchers again. I have lost about 5 pounds this time around. I lost 35 last year on LA Weight Loss & gained about 1/2 of it back. I'm just happy that I got myself under control again before I gained it all back +10 more like I usually do.

The scale has been creeping up the last few days & I'm trying not to get crazy about it b/c I have been following my plan to the tee. Stupid scale.

Looking foward to getting to know you!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #8  

Wow, it was really encouraging to hear from all of you! A couple of you had said you are from Iowa...what part? I am from North Central Iowa in Mason City. And I am not the only cat lover out there!!! Our cat's name is Little Guy...although I am not sure how he got that name, as he is NOT little!

Dont mind my posting times....I work 2nd shift and I usually get on here when i get home. I did do a mile on my treadmill today, at 5 mph. I plan on doing just a mile each day this week, and then hopefully go up to 2 miles next week.

My biggest challenge is going to be not eating too much when I get off work at night. I record a lot of shows on our DVR and I watch them when I get home, and I love to eat while I watch tv. At least one of my shows tomorrow night will be the Biggest Loser! So I shouldnt be eating during that!

Well, I am off to bed. Going to weigh myself, which I have not done in months. Going to start a journal to keep track of my weight loss, so I can look back at my progress and keep me motivated.

Again, It was great to hear from all of you! I am also interested in email buddies, that would be great as well. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message.

What a great group of people!
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #9  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

carrie to the site nice to meet you. Here you will find the support you need that will help you along the way. For myself I just looked at the different boards and found the niches I fitted in best and hopped on one of the threads and introduced myself. That was a quick way that I have found people whom at in the same boat as me. I joined the the weekly 300+ thread and post as regularly as I can and dieting with obstacles ( I have MS so it is a thread for users with challenges like MS, CP, SB to name a few). That way I have met some great people who have supported me along the way and kept me on the straight and narrow.

I like you am an animal lover and am the owner of a staffordshire bull terrier who makes as much mess as any baby not to mention the other mess maker my wonderful DH
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #10  

Hey Carrie!

I'm from Des Moines. I'm a big city girl............hee hee. I really like what's happening to our city, our downtown has been completely redone w/ lots of bars, restaraunts etc. It's almost like a real city here in Iowa!

I hear what you're saying about the DVR. I record TONS of stuff. Mine's always full. I have found that if I watch an weight loss inspired show 1st, it helps me stay on track. The Biggest Loser is always good, have you ever watched Ruby? I LOVE her!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #11  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

I am new here and recently started dieting...

I have been just reading the boads and looking at the different threads that are out there...at lot of really inspiring stories and people!!
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #12  

That's a beatiful sunset Willow. Where are you in that pic?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #13  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Thank you!!! I love the moutains and the water...so this place is great for me!! Lots of inspiration for taking pictures!
Just south of the Canadian Border In Washington State...little border town called Blaine.

Last edited by Willow98248; 01-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #14  

You are very lucky. It is just gorgeous!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Carrie! I'm comming back to the forum too Looks like we are at a similar starting weight too, and I LOVE cats! I have two of my own and they are the best (Can't forget my betta Finnley too, I love animals!)
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote