Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/159/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Re-introduction

Hi all...I've been a member here for a long time. I joined ages ago, but was unsuccessful during that particular attempt at losing weight. I came back again, and this time around I HAVE been successful. I still have a ways to go - after re-evaluating as I lose weight, I am thinking I still have 15 lbs to go at least - and they will surely be the most stubborn ones.

But I just wanted to say this place is so great. Everyone is so supportive and nice, and I LOVE looking at goal pictures and reading success stories. It is great motivation. Now that I am getting *closer* to goal, I wanted to reintroduce myself, since I don't post a whole lot and generally only lurk. I think I want to try and become more active here in this final leg of my journey. I am sure I can use all the help I can get.

So far my success has been due to several things:
-My hubby is on his own journey and has become an inspiration - so far he is at 100 lbs lost. It's hard to live in the same house as that and NOT be inspired.
-Eating healthier. I count calories using MyfitnessPal. I tend to stick to lower carb during the week, but definitely don't cut them out completely. I eat a lot of veggies, salad, fruit, and some whole grains. During the weekend I ALWAYS allow myself a cheat or two. I firmly believe that for me, it is necessary for success.
-Exercise. I guess I have become a runner. Which feels weird to say, since there was a time that i could barely jog slowly for 20 seconds. But I am currently training for a half marathon and am slated for an 11 mile training run tomorrow. Ever since starting this half marathon training, the weight has come off a little quicker.
-Sharing my story with others via a blog and watching/reading other's stories on forums such as this. I have a blog (link is supposed to be below but for some reason is not showing up and I don't have enough posts to enter the link in here, apparently). But anyhow I started it at the VERY beginning, so 17 months ago. It has helped keep me accountable along the way. I also love reading stories on forums like this and other similar ones. I watch youtube "transformation videos". It just nice to see the results of a person's hard work and know that if all of them can do it, why can't I do it, too?

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Like I said, I hope to become more active here. I hope all the newbies love this forum as much as I do! (Even if I haven't done a ton of posting to date).

Last edited by got2bhappy; 05-25-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Signature not showing up
got2bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Bravo on your 68 Lbs loss!! Awesome progress!! Welcome!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote