Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/150/110

Height: 5'5

Exclamation 6 years and still fat

Hey, my name is Aishah and I'm 20 years old. So basically, I started being obese when I was 16 years old due to a certain medication I had to take. But even after the medication stopped, I couldn't manage to maintain my weight. At 16, I was 174 pounds and 5'4. At 18, I was 150 pounds.

Last July, I was 110 pounds! But now, my weight is 152 pounds again!! I've been through a lot of diets and exercise regimes. I skipped rope, did Tae Bo, cycled, swim, done the low carb diet, fasted, skipped meals and even tried being Bulimic! It all worked pretty well except for the Bulimic part (thank God though) which only lasted 3 days.

What happens is that once I reached my goal weight, I start to 'avenge' my past cravings. I binge like crazy and stop exercising. Every time I binge, I'd say to myself 'it's okay, you're thin now so eat all you want'. Afterward, I get fat again and so depressed I feel like a load of crap. The other problem is, 2 of my friends are seriously overweight and you know what usually happens, I tend to copy their eating habits.

Just this morning I ate half a tub of chocolate cookies and tried to puke it back but failed. I'm resorting to starving myself and cycling instead.

I seriously need help.
snivellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Unless you're very small boned, 110 pounds is a bit light for your height, and might be unrealistic to maintain. I'm the same height and can't imagine being 110. But I'm also 52 years old. I have kids older than you. I have grandkids!

Anyway, what you've tried so far hasn't worked very well, and won't work long term. It's to hard to sustain.

Personally, I'm a Weight Watchers fan. Lifetime member. It's not for everybody but it works for me. Cruise around 3fc and check out the calorie counters and the WW and other threads. Tons of great info and insight.

For myself, I eat on plan, because my plan works for me. Most of the time I stick to my daily points, but WW also has a weekly allowance of extra points you can use for treats, or if you get stuck in a situation where the best choices are not there. So, if I want to have a beer, I can. If I want to have a piece of wedding cake I can. If I get stuck, out working cattle and someone brings out lunch, that's not so great for my plan, I'm ok, just practice portion control. And so on, I just have to work it in. No denial or deprivation here.

I work out, 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes. I lift weights, it's what I like to do, and it helps me with my job at the veterinary hospital.

Weight loss and maintenance, isn't about living your life in denial/deprivation or a life of buckets and hours of sweat, or trying to barf, (ick) but balance! Good tasting, healthy, nutritious food, most of the time. Get in a reasonable amount of exercise that you like, and indulge a bit now and then.

Being able to indulge a bit now and then without the guilt/self flogging, is what keeps me going. And I'm healthy! My weight is right where I want it, and the weight lifting I love, is the last key to the transformation of a body and mind, that fit this old lady! Best of all, I'm happy!

Let me give you a for instance. We had our big Christmas celebration today. I planned for it. Worked out one extra day this week, saved my weekly points allowance. I had some of all of my favorite Christmas foods. I kept the portions reasonable, and enjoyed, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, green bean casserole, my sisters famous cream cheese corn, and 1/2 slice of pumpkin pie, and 1/2 slice of peanut butter pie, and a few munchies.

Since I don't normally eat that much, or that much salty stuff, I'll be up on the scale for a day or 2, but no worries, I'll take a 5 mile walk tomorrow, stick to my daily points and I'll be fine.

I know I rambled a bit, but I hope it helps direct you to a more healthy lifestyle that you can actually live with!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it's important to treat yourself with some kindness. First off, congrats on maintaining a weight loss of 24 lbs. That's more than most people can say over time. I'm glad the bulimia didn't work out for you because that is a very destructive path that you should definitely avoid, as you probably know.

It's also crucial to find a plan that you can stick to. I like calorie counting. Do I love it? No, not really. I don't love it because I'd rather binge and eat anything and everything I want. HOwever, I also want to be healthy and happy as possible and those two things don't go together. So calorie counting is free. It's easy and only gets easier over time. You can eat anything you want within reason and so you're less likely to feel guilt. I try to treat myself every so often because it's important not to feel deprived.

Without workouts, I find it very hard to stay on track. I do about 30-40 minutes of cardio a day and I walk my dog. I have done weights before but I've stopped for a while. I just don't have the energy these days.

Wake up every morning recommitting yourself to your plan. Stick to it like glue and you will see the results. If you do fall off track, get right back on. The sooner you do, the better.

Welcome aboard!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC

I think that part of the reason that you may binge when you get to your goal is that 110 is such a low weight for your height. It might be difficult for you to maintain that weight because your body may not want to be that weight.

What is your frame size? If you're small-framed it might be ok, but here are the weights listed for someone who is 5'4"

Small Frame: 114-127
Medium Frame: 124-138
Large Frame: 134-151
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/150/110

Height: 5'5

Hey guys, thanks for the lovely replies. From now on I'll follow the advices you guys gave me and I hope it's a long term change! Well 110 was 10 pounds from being underweight I guess. My parents back then complained that I was too skinny which I guess made me angry and started binge eating again. I've a medium framed body btw.

I think I can't afford WW but I'm opting for other diet programs. I just installed the fatsecret app in my phone so chEers to a healthy lifestyle. I'm also glad I didn't go bulimic it was gross and painful!

So my plan is to cycle an hour a day and follow a zigzag diet. I'm aiming to be 120 pounds by the end of april next year. Wish me luck!!
snivellus is offline   Reply With Quote