Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Default New and STUCK

Hello everyone. I am very excited to get some support on this journey. I also give great support and am very happy to help anyone else I can. This is not an easy journey but a very important worth while one!

I started at 265 almost 6 months ago and was very sick, depressed, and had so many health issues. Many health issues are going away and I feel better. I actually will let people take my picture now. 9 Not that I am happy with what I see, I just feel more overweight normal now)

I have to admit this has been a lonely road. For the 1st time I am feeling the loneliness. I just had my birthday and had my first real big binge and weight gain in 6 months. It's scary for me because it's been always at this weight that I start gaining again. It's been this way for many many years, so right now is a turning point for me in my life and i know I can not do it the way I have done it in the past.

So, I am here. Looking to contribute and really save my own life, to have a life.

It seems like "my weight" has owned and controlled my life. Looking forward to actually enjoying life other that weight loss stuff someday!

So here, goes. Like I'm sure everyone else here, I'm ready to go on a "healthy" journey to finding me again!

Open to all notes, ideas, support systems etc.
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congratulations on making changes and on reaching out for support during a time that would usually lead you to gaining back weight.

This is just a little bump in the road. You'll move past it, and you'll come out on the side feeling stronger.

Look around. Join in. Best of wishes~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

Hi there! glad to see you here. your post got me thinking - one major lesson i've learned [and there have been MANY of these!] is that I'm always the same no matter what my weight is. I like the same music, hang out with the same friends, love the same colors, always hate lima beans.

What it comes down to - at least for me - is refusing to let my weight DEFINE me - to BECOME me. there came a point where i had to live my life, no matter what I weighed. Don't get me wrong, there've been quite a few ups and downs with health issues and family issues, but letting my weight hold me back from doing what i want just isn't the way for me to live.

just something to think about - attitude matters!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Wow, I really feel inspired just reading what you wrote and seeing the weight journey you have been on.

Thank you so much, your comments really make a difference!
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

there are MANY inspiring stories and tips all over the forum. several people have lost 100, 200, and even more without surgery. and many MANY others have lost - and maintained - smaller losses. everyone has to find the path that works, and everyone's path is a little different. take what you need, experiment, and keep moving forward!

one of the great things about 3fc is that there's something for everyone - and we're all in this together.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote