Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/142/136

Height: 5'2"

Smile One year into my weight loss journey & finally coming out of lurking :)

Hi everyone!

My name is Holly and I've been overweight since about the second grade (so basically my entire life ). I have tried SO MANY diets over the years; I would lose 10-20lbs in a couple months then gain it all back, plus some....you know how it goes, lol.

Well, over the course of the past year I've lost 68 pounds with 22lbs more to go. I've often frequented this forum for motivation and inspiration and I figure "better late than never" to jump in lol! Hope to see you around the boards!
holly0684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow Holly! Congrats on your weight loss! I'm glad this place has been helpful to you. See u around!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/174.6/125

Hi Holly! That so great you lost 68 pounds!! I've only lost a few pounds and I can't seem to get motivated. I love to eat. And I make wrong choices.

I love this site too, it really is inspirational, I just hope one day I can stick with better food choices longer than 2 days. LOL.

Again, awesome job, if that is you in your picture, you are beautiful!
Michinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #4  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

So glad you came out of lurkdom and joined up. What a beautiful girl you are. Congratulations on your 68-pound loss!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 09-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Hi Holly. Congrats on your losses. I think this is the only place that phrase makes sense. Good luck with your weight loss.
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/142/136

luckymommy~ Thank you!

Michinmn~ Thank you And I totally know what you mean; I'd always only been able to 'stick' with healthy eating for a month or two before I'd give up. I'm not sure exactly what's changed, or made this go around different, but it's become much easier to avoid making the un-healthy food choices I'd been so accustomed to. I think part of it is just that I've come so far (well, farther than I ever have before) that I a) do not ever want to go back to how it was before and b) I am, for once, happy with my progress that it seems to motivate me to keep going, kwim?

Plus I've grown to love the food I eat now, lol. For example, before, an apple was just an apple...but now I can recognize the flavor differences in all the varieties and happily choose which I feel like eating any given day, haha. Anyway, sorry to ramble but you can do it!

Oh, and yes that's me in my avatar. Thank you!

sandcar150~ Thank you!

Thinsole~ Thank you and welcome to you as well!
holly0684 is offline   Reply With Quote