Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #31  

You are not fixing the food thing. You are breaking it, and yourself, even more.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #32  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Please, please, please SEEK HELP!
I think you need more than an internet forum can give you right now.
And I am NOT saying it to be mean, I'm saying it because YOU NEED HELP. Like, REAL help!

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-09-2011 at 07:03 PM.
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #33  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

VLC diets need to be medically supervised. I have a friend at church who has had very good success on Medifast. She is monitored by a doctor to be sure she does'n't become malnourished.

My DH and I know a guy who will periodically completely stop eating for a month or so to lose weight- essentially becoming anorexic. It never seems like he can keep the weight off for more than a month or two. I just don't see how it's a good idea. Your muscle and tissues need nutrients to function correctly.

Last edited by Tanna Banana; 08-09-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #34  

I can relate to what you're doing, and why. I am not saying it is the healthy way to lose weight, and the people here are probably right that it is not the healthy way to lose...and could be dangerous. However, I do 'get' why you feel the need to stay so low cal. Sometimes, for some of us, it's easier to just not eat or eat hardly anything, than to add more foods. I recently went four and a half months without having one bite of solid food. All I had was Atkins shakes and protein powder mixed in blender with water...and vitamins. That's it. I lost a bit over 50 pounds in those 4 and 1/2 months. For me, it got easier and easier as time went by. I started eating again, all the wrong foods...all the crap that made me gain weight in the first place, and have gained back almost all of my weight. I should have started eating low cal, low carb, and healthy choices...stupid me. Now I will begin again, but be more careful with my eating choices. Like I said, I'm not saying this is the way to go. It's just my tale to tell. And I must say, after about the first 3 weeks or so of no solid food, I felt great. No sugar, no flour, etc...my fingers weren't stiff anymore. I felt wonderful. No ill effects at all. Be careful. I am not a doc and can't recommend this, but it was good for me, except that I blew it when I started eating THE WRONG FOODS. Good luck!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #35  

...And no, it's not sustainable, We have to eventually start eating again...just have to be careful to eat healthy (NO SUGAR/FLOURS) and stay low cal, and for me low carb, too. Everyone is different. It's not good or healthy to be fat/obese, either. Listen to your body. Again, good luck, to all of us.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #36  

Hatgirl..we think the same way. i know this isn't the "best" way but it is the only way I can seem to do it and it seems to be ready to be done right now. I already feel it easier not to eat. I am going to look at some shakes tomorrow, mabey some vitamins/supplements.

I still am worried about when I am going to eat again and if I will loose control then...but that is not today ...
pickes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #37  

Pickes - Learn from my experience. Like I said, I did not eat for 4 1/2 months and lost over 50 lbs, but when I started eating again, I did lose control and gained most of it back...so whatever you do, always eat healthy foods. I think if I would have stayed totally away from sugar and flours, I'd have been fine. I've learned my lesson the hard way, as usual, but I have learned. NO SUGAR and NO FLOUR is what works for me. I can't speak for anyone else. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #38  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingAway View Post
Some of you guys are really judgemental i thought this was a support site GEEZ...
This is indeed a support site for those who are aiming to lose weight in a healthy manner.

We can't support disordered eating.

The OP is looking for validation in eating ~500 calories a day without a doctor's supervision. Everyone is being INCREDIBLY supportive by saying "Get to a doctor NOW". We say it out of concern.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #39  
Pound Elimnator

Location: TEXAS-the heat alone should melt off these extra pounds :-)

S/C/G: 297/248/180

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
This is indeed a support site for those who are aiming to lose weight in a healthy manner.

We can't support disordered eating.

The OP is looking for validation in eating ~500 calories a day without a doctor's supervision. Everyone is being INCREDIBLY supportive by saying "Get to a doctor NOW". We say it out of concern.
APPARENTLY im not referring to the ppl who are saying it respectfully out of concern but some of you ppl are being rude and attacking this womans character..be constructive theres a disclamer at the bottom of this page...these are just opinions.I SAID MYSELF 500 calories is no good....NOBODY asked you to support disordered eating. (ADDING WRDS TO MY POST) she asked how to go about transitioning to eating more....AND you should check with your DR before starting ANY diet plan....... not just vlcds...
MeltingAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #40  
Pound Elimnator

Location: TEXAS-the heat alone should melt off these extra pounds :-)

S/C/G: 297/248/180

Height: 5'3

cuttin out carbs alone will make you drop a ton of weight. @pickes you really shld be careful... i remember days i felt like i was gonna die...... thats not a good feeling. ALWAYS give into healthy foods that your body is craving.
MeltingAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #41  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

pickes - I realize we are similar, that's why I posted. I do hope you didn't just see the points you liked, but also realized I put out there 2 very personal stories to try and get through to you... it's early in the game for you... you don't have to have personal damage done hon, and yet STILL lose the weight. I do hope you totally understand all that I posted, even if you don't want to see it yet, but understand it... because right now, you have the power to pull yourself out of this before you hurt yourself..and I don't want you hurt, or... as in my daughter's and mine cases, having to try to work around obstacles that are even bigger now to obtain healthy weights. I am worried about you, as I am sure others were for us, but please understand this CAN happen safely and that "high" is so much better when you do it the "healthy" way.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #42  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

Instead of eating dangerously low calories in a day, why not try exercising/working out? Help your body burn the calories and at the same time build muscles to replace the fat. Starving yourself is not good. You only lose water weight and your body will be on starvation mode. Instead of drinking soda, drink water instead. Eat healthier. Practice portion control. Never ever starve yourself, this may lead to some serious health issues later on. I lost 30lbs in 2 months without having to starve myself, I ate healthier, I stopped binging and I exercise. I will never put myself at risk like that. The reason why I'm trying to lose weight is to enjoy life longer, NOT MAKE IT SHORT.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

To Original Poster: I was browsing on other boards and read something you posted about some devastating news you recently received. First I want to say I am so sorry for that and all the pain this has caused you. It seems like with things feeling so out of control right now, maybe this extreme dieting is a way you are trying to gain some control again? If this is the case, it might be helpful to talk with someone about this stuff that's going on. At least maybe you'll feel less alone in it. Hugs.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
pickes - I realize we are similar, that's why I posted. I do hope you didn't just see the points you liked, but also realized I put out there 2 very personal stories to try and get through to you... it's early in the game for you... you don't have to have personal damage done hon, and yet STILL lose the weight. I do hope you totally understand all that I posted, even if you don't want to see it yet, but understand it... because right now, you have the power to pull yourself out of this before you hurt yourself..and I don't want you hurt, or... as in my daughter's and mine cases, having to try to work around obstacles that are even bigger now to obtain healthy weights. I am worried about you, as I am sure others were for us, but please understand this CAN happen safely and that "high" is so much better when you do it the "healthy" way.
Agreed. I've been there too - it's an awful state of mind and even worse when you want to pull yourself out and can't.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #45  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

In a totally realistic light, and I'm not trying to be mean, so please don't read it that way. But keeping this
up you may feel good about yourself, and happy you are losing weight. But you will not look good. So little
calories and not being active will cause your skin to hang off of your body like uncooked melty pastries.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can think it is ok to just eat blueberries, or cauliflower. You
say you have will power? Use it to eat healthy and have an active lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off.

The way you are going, when you decide to up your calories, you will do nothing but gain it all back and you
will be right back where you started. This is not healthy, and to be honest it reminds me of a bad Lifetime movie.

You are going to end up dead this way. How good will being thin help you when you are no longer alive? I'm saying
this with concern, not judgment.

Every work out/diet plan should be talked about with a Dr before starting to make sure it is done healthy.
I doubt you have done that.

Last edited by KellyAF; 08-10-2011 at 12:37 PM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote