Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/241/180

Height: 5'3"

Red face long time reader..now my turn to share

weight loss is a decision not a goal...

I am a 36 .. i have three children and a wonderful husband... I have a made the decision to lose the weight for myself number one and my family. I have struggled for a long time to lose the weight that i have slowly gained over the years.. I have just been told that I have the beginning signs of type two diabetes.. and if I take off the weight this will most likely subside. so this is another factor. I lost my oldest brother two months ago to factors of bad health because of obesity and liver failure. he was 37 years old with a wife and two children and just had his first grand baby. A week after his funeral. I was laying on my bed crying and it hit me. do not just sit here and morn for him. live for him. live for your family. from that day on the choices that i make have changed so much. i started walking everyday on my treadmill( which has pretty much just collected dust and laundry for the year i have had it) i have worked up to doing three miles a day. My eating habits are so different. i use to only eat once a day. dinner and i would over stuff my self almost every time. i now eat nothing but fresh foods. snacking on fruits and veggies all day! (never thought i would crave healthy foods.) I feel so much better! and getting stronger everyday...if i have a day where i just do not want to keep going. all it takes is to look at a pic of my big brother and i have the strength to go! i am living now for him!

this website has gave me the tools and want to do this for a long time. I wanted to share today to maybe help others to think about how short life can be sometimes. live for today not tomorrow because there may not be one! much love to all!
robdoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

Good luck with your journey. My mother died of a heart attack and there is a strong history of diabetes in my family so I understand where you are coming from. It's important to make those changes while we can.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/268/145

Height: 5'4

I'm happy you found the strength to do this for yourself
StrivetobeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdoon View Post
weight loss is a decision not a goal...
Yes yes yes!

So glad you've joined us

You're doing a lot of good for yourself! Keep at it! Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote