Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default new here

Hi, I am new here. Last year I lost 40 lbs but I moved back to Alaska and gained it back. I love my boyfriend but he is tall and skinny and can eat anything he wants, so he is doesnt have to lose any weight. Last night he asked me to go the store and buy ice cream for him. I was pissed because he sits on the couch in front of me and eats all he can and I know I cant. I need motivation because I am not going to get it from my boyfriend and honestly I know I need to do it by myself. I know how to do it because I did it before I just have to do it know. I am 5'7 and weigh 236 and I want to be 175. That is a 61 lb loss. I dont have a time limit but I want it to be soon rather than later. I have always been known as the fat chick with a cute face with a great personality and a great sense of humor. Now I want to be known as the hot chick with a great personality. I know my boyfriend thinks I am hot but I want to think I hot. Here in Alaska there isnt any cheap fruits or veggies. I want to thank you for letting me post this because this is want I needed. I am going to work out after work and watch the biggest loser and the gym. Take care and i am glad I get to share my goal and blog with you. Thank you!!!
alaskachick33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #2  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

I'm right there with you. I'm currently 5'7 and weigh 204 {started at 208} and need to be no more than 165 as that is the military standard weight limit for my height. I am tired of the fat jokes, baby weight is not easy to lose, but trying to lose it for 4 1/5 years now is getting a little rediculous. My husband is like your boyfriend...eats all he wants and doesn't gain a thing. He tends to be supportive when it is convient, but not when it interfers with his snacking...or when my workouts interupt some event he planned for. You have my support. Good luck!!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #3  

Well, after a few months of lurking on these boards, I finally have to say something.

We live in Alaska, too (I say we, speaking for my husband and myself, as we are doing this together)...while fresh fruits and vegetables can be a problem this time of year when it comes to variety, cost really shouldn't be prohibitive once you learn how to shop. Do you live in/near a city, in a rural community, or in the bush/village? This can, of course, have a significant impact on cost of living. We live in a rural community, which means we often buy in bulk. Sam's Club (maybe Costco, if you're down south) is great.

I hope you'll give out a little more information, and I'll help as I can. Just doesn't do any good to spew out ideas on how to live in the boonies if you're ten minutes from a store *smiles*

Last edited by ArcticFrogs; 12-01-2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: awkward formatting
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastestloser View Post
Do you have a plan yet? Sounds like you need to work around your boyfriends snacking... which makes it harder but it can be done. I have lost a lot of weight... I do it by eating six times a day and it all adds up to about 1000 calories a day. that is the key ... eating smaller meals instead of 3 big ones. That way i am not hungry... I still have a lot to go... over 110 lbs left to goal. But I have lost 80 lbs so far. I am new on here too! Good luck on your journey
The Fastest Loser:
Can you share your daily diet? Six meal with a total of 1000 calories is very tight. Would love to hear how you are doing it. How long have you been at it? Keep up the GREAT work!
frogntoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #5  

I started out eating 1600 - 1800 calories per day with no exercize.
But I do a lot of gardening, which can be very strenuous.

After I lost the first 20 pounds...it took five months... I dropped the calories down to 1500-1700 calories per day.
I have lost a total of 23 pounds since June 2010.

That is about 1 pound per week.

If you start out at 1500 calories per day, you will lose more than a pound per week. Maybe 2 pounds.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'1

Good luck to everyone! I’m new here too, just joined last week. I know what it’s like to be the funny fat chick in the group, but I am ready to change that.
I love to write so I joined and started a blog here (MissESQ’s Blog) so that I can use it to stay motivated. I realize that my motivation has to come from me, but it would be nice to have a support system too. My boyfriend of 8 years is very comfortable with his weight and mine, so he is no help. But I find that my journaling has helped keep me on track so far. Its only week one, but I think that the support that I find here will be more than enough motivation. Whenever I post there is always someone there to give me some helpful feedback and encouraging words. And the pictures, Wow, they are so inspirational. So good luck to you!
MissESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #8  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi! & to 3FC!
Best wishes on reaching your weight loss goals

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #9  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I live a block a way from a grocery store - and the price of produce still absolutely kills me up here (in the 907).

I haven't found any way around it, either.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #10  

Of course, comparing Alaskan prices to those found just about anywhere else is heartbreaking. We spent a few years in Southern Oregon, every time I ring up someone's not-unpleasant-but-somewhat-mealey bananas at $1.50/lb, I think of the readily available, nearly always gorgeous bananas I'd find in Southern Oregon for far less than $0.30/lb...

Heartbreaking. We had such great access to all sorts of wonderful fresh produce down there...let alone the farmer's markets and whatnot...it's an absolute shame, really. If the brain had only kicked into gear then...*sigh*

When I can push that from my mind, though, the produce prices don't seem too bad. Everyone gripes about it...maybe I've just kinda glossed the frustration over in my mind because I know it's what I need to do? Not knocking anyone's feelings or anything, actually kinda curious.
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote