Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile New here, looking for weightloss buddy!

Hello everyone! I am new here (obviously!) and am looking for help! Let me give you a little background...

About 4 years ago I was at my biggest...215! I joined weight watchers and had great success! Withing 7 months I was down to 175! I stopped WW because I thought I could manage on my own. I maintain that for about 2 years and then started gaining. Went back to WW and lost again down to 165. Then all **** broke loose....

Little over a year ago, I was in grad school, working full time, have two young, wonderful kids and a crappy husband. I decided that it was time to be happy, initiated a divorce. It was just final two months ago. During the last year, I have finished grad school, worked two jobs, finalized my divorce (yay!)...all positives. Down side, I am seriously stressed. Grad school and no child support (whole other subject) has left me finically strapped! Stress has also contributed to my weight gain. I just weighed myself and I was 181! I have to stop this!!

I cant afford WW, which has ALWAYS worked for me. For some reason, when I pay for it, I loose, even though I know how to do the program. Sometimes I have very little money and cant afford the most nutritional meals. Weight gain is another stresser on top of everything else. I am just looking for help. I cant seem to motivate myself into getting this started!

So....any help, words of advise, encouragement is welcome. Any kicks in the butt are also welcome!
Redredrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we wish you great luck and look forward to your progress reports
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Good luck! I know that stress can be such a strong deterrent when it comes to weight loss! You can do it though. You already have the tools, just use this place as your virtual "WW" and let it help in your accountability
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome to 3FC, I'm glad you joined! You'll find more weight loss buddies than you can even imagine on this site!

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate...but you must always remember that taking care of yourself is an investment in your future and in the best interest of everyone involved...especially your kids! It's a must do. And good for you for stopping the regain before it got too far, sometimes it's really difficult to stop a backslide.

You are on the right track and sound like you've got your game face on and we're all here to support you! Good luck and keep us posted on everything!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/181/160

Height: 5'6"

That is exactly what it is, southernbelle, accountability! It is those weight ins at the meetings that kept me in check...Now no one knows but me...

Hey thicknpretty....I live in Ringgold! We are neighbors!!!

Last edited by Redredrobin; 07-28-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Redredrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #6  
life is good!

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Welcome and good luck!
ktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!